Forum rep

Started by Nate, January 17, 2013, 04:25

mamorunl

Quote from: Nate on January 17, 2013, 20:14
Quote from: Storm94 on January 17, 2013, 05:50
This is what the cookie system is. Its SMF's "karma" system that has been renamed to say "cookies" rather than "karma"

This is false. The cookie system is not in any way the same as the rep system. with the cookie system you can only anonymously grant someone a cookie, the rep system would allow all users to see who gave a positive or a negative rep via a drop down menu. the cookie system does not allow you to give someone a "negative cookie" so to speak for something you strongly disagree with, while the rep system as mentioned before allow a user to both positively rep and negatively rep.

Quote from: mamorunl on January 17, 2013, 10:48
I take it that you got this idea from the official SA:MP forums. As I am a moderator there, I know exactly how bad that reputation system is. So a huge -1 from me. The cookie system is way better

I've been on SA:MP forums an accumulative 5-10 times, and haven't been there in well over a year. Furthermore, all SMF forums can have this rep system so if you are implying that the SA:MP forum created this idea you are wrong. Sidenote: this is not intended to replace the cookie system, rather work in collaboration alongside it.

Quote from: Matias. on January 17, 2013, 14:42
I think he means to rate the topics, not give cookies to players.
He means to thumb up or thumb down topics to let people know its interesting. That's how i understood it.

Matias out of all the people here you are one of the few i think actually understand the proposal. Yes it is for topics only, but also includes any replies to topics.

Quote from: Anri on January 17, 2013, 15:50
If you like a post just rep the member. The 'rep mode' will show us the most helpfull members of this forum !
So +1 from me :P

Again yes. It shows the people who have helped other players in the Help Board because if you have a problem with gta:sa not working and someone replies with the right solution, you would thank them by giving them a thumbs up and a cookie.

I was not implying anything :-) That is the only forum that I am on that has that system.

Boy

Sorry -1
I love cookies. :P

Goodbye my friends :3
Quote from: Konali on January 14, 2014, 21:56
The reason we had so many dutch staff members is because dutch people generally are calm and chill. Just like jamaicans:) If we get mad, we rather first get weed and then rage:)

Dr_Cover

Deff

browning

The Falkland Islands are Argentinian - Las Islas Malvinas son Argentinas