Movement of server ...

Started by iPrivate, December 23, 2012, 16:23

DJ_Smashon

I've never ever had any packetloss.
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Mr.Martini

for me the roads disappear from a 120 ping.
since the 300 ping nu will be no different.
I want to test it not at first

[Google Translator]

Greetz, Marcel

Konali

Quote from: R16RACA on December 24, 2012, 09:49
I would like to ask why everyone is complaining that their ping is over 200? Myself, Sandman and others have dealt with it fine for 2+ years now, so why cant you?

Maybe not you, but TheSandman complained alot when he had high ping, so its only fair to other players if they can complain now ok.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

TheSandman

I really only complained when i had more than 400 ping, because then it was shitty being staff. But having 300 is fine, i almost never complained then.
But i know how the Euros feel after having the server in Europe for so long.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

$nake

Quote from: TheSandman on December 24, 2012, 14:52
3yrs almost :o some of them wont continue playing coz of this ping :o

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

Quote from: $nake on December 24, 2012, 14:59
Quote from: TheSandman on December 24, 2012, 14:52
3yrs almost :o some of them wont continue playing coz of this ping :o

200 ping will make u stop playing? bitch please

kukimaki

Quote from: SzajmoN on December 24, 2012, 15:15
200 ping will make u stop playing? bitch please

200 for those with pro pc and pro internet connection. 1% of the players have these, do you really think $nake was speaking about them? All others have much more than 200 ms ping...

DJ_Smashon

Lowest I am getting is like 210 and highest about 300 but normally ~220 or ~250. Depends on if its many users using the internet(my ISP).
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Konali

part#2 of my feedback on this matter

During peak hours, not even when its filled totally ( 80 players) alot of players experience massive till medium lag spikes.
Little packetloss on the serverside during these hours is what i noticed , compared to 30 players at 4AM( dont ask me why i was online at 4Am lol).

Overall conclusion:

It is good that the server has DDos protection now. I dont have a problem with my ping increase of ~150ms but i noticed that since the overall ping from the server has increased from ~80 to ~180 things have become more laggy than usual.  Due to this increase , doing large convoys has become a risky business. And when those convoy players have mods installed which is likely to assume, it can be even worse.
As admin/staff side: Commands/actions are working fine, but speccing and retrieving player info/stats has become slower. It is doable only when the server has less till no packetloss.

Basicly: If you live close enough and have decent internet + a decent pc it is doable. But overall the fun of doing convoys together will only become less i am affraid and thats a shame.

Konali

And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

mick88

So far I only got to test the server with my 2007 laptop that hardly runs San Andreas, and mobile Internet connection. It was fine, despite 250 ping, zero packet loss. I will do more testing when I'm home, and if connection from Europe isn't reliable enough for convoys,  we will transfer to France for as long as there's no attacks.

Konali

Quote from: mick88 on December 24, 2012, 16:56
So far I only got to test the server with my 2007 laptop that hardly runs San Andreas, and mobile Internet connection. It was fine, despite 250 ping, zero packet loss. I will do more testing when I'm home, and if connection from Europe isn't reliable enough for convoys,  we will transfer to France for as long as there's no attacks.

Look dont get me wrong, i love thos host location because i think it will have a great uptime, but this is convoy trucking see, and if alot of players  do not experience fun to convoy anymore because its laggy and you might be fixing alot due to lagg hits, it takes away the fun and the purpose of having a convoy server see.

Anyway, every player experiences things differently, and it depends on specs of your pc to offcourse and your internet connection. Anyway good work its up again in xmas time, we missed alot of days already:)

Matias

What if us "American Players" and aussies doesnt experience a good playing when server is at europe? Thats the same you are saying right now, everyone should feel right when playing here. It takes the fun away play on CT with 400 ping, and you guys cry for 200 ping, i have the same ping you guys have at Arizona server since im at same distance, im from South America, i dont care if server moves but now the experience is much better than before and its worthly do convoys now since there is no lag.
And dont come to me with comments like "you accepted this was an europe server.." i know i did but i never complained when i got over 400 ping, now you guys complain for having 200 ping ....
We are players ALSO and we should feel good when playing here.

DeHavilland

I can't even play, getting ping kicked :(
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

Supra

Im loving the new server location!
I went from 80 to 200 in ping, but what the hell does it matter when it is no lag, only smooth gameplay.
It hasnt been online long in Arizona, but it has been very stable, so I love it :)

WhiteBear

:trollface:
Ping does not make your game to lag.
Ping is time (miliseconds) how much it takes from your computer send signal to server and get it back. With the bigger ping you have to wait longer time to Load/Unload. Worse thing is flying over mapped areas, because it takes much more time to load buldings, trees and shit...
The majority of players are from Europe so I think server must be used in Europe too
:OK:
<WhiteBear> whats wrong lindsey dont have balls to be arrested xD?
<Lindsey_[UK]> ahha
<Lindsey_[UK]> enjoy wasting more time trying to get me
Lindsey_[UK] jailed. You get $6000
<WhiteBear> whats wrong pumpkin got jailed? :D
Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)