Upgrading my pc 2 months time :)

Started by Dobby, December 17, 2012, 21:54

Dobby

So i've decided to get an upgrade from this:

Intel Core 2 Duo E1200 @ 1.6 per core (can be oc'd)
XP 32Bit
2.5GB ram (current Mobo supports to 4gb)
1024mb Vram Nvidia Geforce 210 (can be oc'd with thundermaster)
What are your specs guys? im interested, and CalvinGreen17! what was the AMD you were talking about? the one thats due out soon, i forgot the name :/.

Im gonna upgrade to this (possibly)
AMD Bulldozer FX-6 Six Core 6100 Black Edition 3.30Ghz (Socket AM3+)
(Link: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-313-AM&groupid=701&catid=1967&subcat= )
the mobo: Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G  (Link: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-466-AS&groupid=701&catid=1903&subcat= )

Not too sure on the RAM brand yet, im going to max the mobo out with win7 64bit edition though. im even considering a 32gb ram mobo too. I dunno, what do you guys think of this so far? :) money isnt really an issue, ive got £250 ready for the motherboard and CPU. Im stuck on a GPU, i dont want an APU, as i prefer a psyical graphics card, feels weird not seeing one in my machine. So yeah :) im interested in you guys specs, if you dont know how to do it, go to start>run>dxdiag

Many thanks guys :) and sorry for the essay, and Overclockers is the UK version of Newegg ;)
Quote from: mick88 on May 24, 2015, 21:39
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Terrorista310

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Dobby

Quote from: Terrorista310 on December 17, 2012, 21:56
You need the pc for?

Gaming, surfing the web, something that can actually multitask well :) plus its something i enjoy, and im looking forward to it
FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

Terrorista310

Quote from: DanielDawson on December 17, 2012, 21:58
You need the pc for?

Gaming, surfing the web, something that can actually multitask well :) plus its something i enjoy, and im looking forward to it

What games?

Dobby

Quote from: Terrorista310 on December 17, 2012, 21:59
Quote from: DanielDawson on December 17, 2012, 21:58
You need the pc for?

What games?

Whatever i can run really, you got any ideas?  :o mostly Convoy Trucking of course ;) but CoD for example, probably BF3 if i get lucky and im actually able to run it, BF3 being the HQ game i know, i might tune my pc to play BF3 then i know it'll be future proof for a couple of years at least

Calvingreen17.

FX-8350 Vishera is what you should get. Also you could get a Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition?

And the due soon APU I'm talking about is the Kaveri. It's IGP is said to match that of a discrete Radeon HD 7970. That's a integrated graphics processor performing with the power of a discrete graphics card with a PCI 3.0 interface, 3 GBs of GDDR5 RAM and 384 bits Memory Interface.

That's one strong mofo :D

Btw, The AMD A10-5800k Trinity, which I've spoke about alot, can play BF3 on ultra settings at 30 FPS with 8 GBs of RAM. Cool aye?

Older and wiser

Dobby

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on December 17, 2012, 22:31
FX-8350 Vishera is what you should get. Also you could get a Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition?

And the due soon APU I'm talking about is the Kaveri. It's IGP is said to match that of a discrete Radeon HD 7970. That's a integrated graphics processor performing with the power of a discrete graphics card with a PCI 3.0 interface, 3 GBs of GDDR5 RAM and 384 bits Memory Interface.

Btw, The AMD A10-5800k Trinity, which I've spoke about alot, can play BF3 on ultra settings at 30 FPS with 8 GBs of RAM. Cool aye?

for a few extra quid (pounds for you americans :) ) ill quite happily go with this! its the same site ive linked to: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-327-AM&adword=google/pla/PUP_Components_Processors_AMD/AMD_Trinity_FM_/CP-327-AM/&pup_ptid=45765718715&pup_kw=&pup_c=pla&gclid=CMGUifXBorQCFW3MtAod3msAIQ .

the stock speed is better than the 6 core :) the turbo speed is great too. so my motherboard is out of the window seeing as the one i first listed was an AM3+ and the new one is an FM2. gotta look for a new motherboard now, still the factor remains, im going for 16GB ram so i can comfortably play, without fear of lag while i record, which is quite fun now im doing it more, when i wake up tomorrow ill look up a few reviews of the trinity :D good find cal

Edit- not sure if anybody is interested but ive found a review for the trinity, im gonna watch it now xD i cant find a newegg review though :( i want a newegg in the uk

Hobo

I suggest not getting windows 7 (Unless you don't know anything about a terminal)
Linux, specifically Ubuntu, is a very nice free alternative. You could also just get both and dual boot. Or have Windows 7 on your main HDD and Ubuntu on a separate, possibly external, HDD.

Just my two cents. Ubuntu is very nice. At the moment I use it on my old laptop but when I get around to buying another external HDD I'll put it there too and use it when I want on my main laptop

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Dobby

Quote from: The_Hobo on December 17, 2012, 23:01
I suggest not getting windows 7 (Unless you don't know anything about a terminal)
Linux, specifically Ubuntu, is a very nice free alternative. You could also just get both and dual boot. Or have Windows 7 on your main HDD and Ubuntu on a separate, possibly external, HDD.

Just my two cents. Ubuntu is very nice. At the moment I use it on my old laptop but when I get around to buying another external HDD I'll put it there too and use it when I want.

Yeah, im only considering win7 because thats what most games reccomend these days, i'm not getting windows 8 as it looks like the remains of bill gates' stomach D: it reminds me of vomit, i'm thinking about a SSD with win7 because of the boot times, just not too sure how big of an OS it is though, can you, or somone link me something regarding ubuntu? ill take a look

Terrorista310

Quote from: DanielDawson on December 17, 2012, 23:05

Just my two cents. Ubuntu is very nice. At the moment I use it on my old laptop but when I get around to buying another external HDD I'll put it there too and use it when I want.

Yeah, im only considering win7 because thats what most games reccomend these days, i'm not getting windows 8 as it looks like the remains of bill gates' stomach D: it reminds me of vomit, i'm thinking about a SSD with win7 because of the boot times, just not too sure how big of an OS it is though, can you, or somone link me something regarding ubuntu? ill take a look

ssd are to expensive, dont buy they.

intel and nvidea are cool.

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: DanielDawson on December 17, 2012, 22:51
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on December 17, 2012, 22:31

for a few extra quid (pounds for you americans :) ) ill quite happily go with this! its the same site ive linked to: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CP-327-AM&adword=google/pla/PUP_Components_Processors_AMD/AMD_Trinity_FM_/CP-327-AM/&pup_ptid=45765718715&pup_kw=&pup_c=pla&gclid=CMGUifXBorQCFW3MtAod3msAIQ .

the stock speed is better than the 6 core :) the turbo speed is great too. so my motherboard is out of the window seeing as the one i first listed was an AM3+ and the new one is an FM2. gotta look for a new motherboard now, still the factor remains, im going for 16GB ram so i can comfortably play, without fear of lag while i record, which is quite fun now im doing it more, when i wake up tomorrow ill look up a few reviews of the trinity :D good find cal

Edit- not sure if anybody is interested but ive found a review for the trinity, im gonna watch it now xD i cant find a newegg review though :( i want a newegg in the uk

The performance of the A10-5800k Trinity

Older and wiser

Dobby

Thats the guy from newegg <3 he's mint xD im actually getting the trinity now, the settings on one of the video's were HQ, and 0 lag (that i could see) with recording too :) i think im gonna have to get a sweet ass case to go with it all too! is AMD color scheme red?

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: DanielDawson on December 17, 2012, 23:20
Thats the guy from newegg <3 he's mint xD im actually getting the trinity now, the settings on one of the video's were HQ, and 0 lag (that i could see) with recording too :) i think im gonna have to get a sweet ass case to go with it all too! is AMD color scheme red?
I think so lol

Older and wiser

Hobo

Quote from: DanielDawson on December 17, 2012, 23:05

http://www.ubuntu.com/ Don't waste your money on a boot SSD. If you get one, get one for games.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

RaceRX

Get an i7, and 16gb ripjaw ram. Oh, and windows 8 is the shit :3
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice