News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

cvt mapper

Started by Tuntun, September 14, 2012, 11:05

Tuntun

hey
hello cvt mapper's when im apply for mapper why i didn't get reply? i want to map for cvt...!

Joshly98

If your skills are seen as good enough for th server, you will receive a notification and you will be a part of the mapping team. If you aren't what CT is looking for, then you won't receive any notifications. Not even any that that tell you you were not accepted.

R16RACA

Just to add, posting topics/messages like this used to get applications for such things rejected... not sure how they stand on that now though.
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Konali

Maybe this will help you and other mappers

Quick info:

• We dont need 70 mappers, we now have 8 mappers, from who 4 are really inactive, still we dont need 20 mappers cause: CT cant be spammed with maps, a roadblock usually stays in game for 2-4 months, and Islands  and other things are less and less needed.
  • Mick is the end boss you have to defeat before you can become CT mapper, Admins dont decide who gets mapper or not.
  • Applications: if you apply for mapper thats great, but mick still has to check it our, and it is from my experience that applications are a bit a lost part of the forum wich doesnt get any real attention.
  • And yes you need to have skills. No offence to anyone out there, but every one who just started mapping can place 4 roads a dock area and some basic houses to. You need to be....  superb, unique and just amazingly good to even have a small chance.
Requirements

• Mapping experience
  • Unique mapping style, like i said everyone can place 4 roads and some houses and can call it an island.
  • Portfolio with maps, not just 1-3 maps, not quite a few will show that you are an experienced mapper. or offcourse 1 super map.
Process

• Applying for mapper using the form will get noticed by admins, but mick is the endboss so its damn hard.
  • Your apply/projects will be evaluated by admins and comments will be made
  • Really good applications get stickied and its easier for mick to know wich ones are very very good.
  • Maybe once every 8 months a new mapper gets added for the simple reason, we cant put endless maps on CT.
  • You cant ask to be a mapper, and i created a map section @ the forum, but thats your showroom, and that still doesnt mean you can get mapper status.
  • Its dam hard, just face it , no offence.

So you need to have experience, a good mapping style in your projects and there has to be demand for the sort of maps you make. Like i said everyone can make a basic island, but there are only a few that can create something thats usefull.

Konali
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Tuntun

Quote from: Konali on September 14, 2012, 13:13
Maybe this will help you and other mappers

Quick info:

• We dont need 70 mappers, we now have 8 mappers, from who 4 are really inactive, still we dont need 20 mappers cause: CT cant be spammed with maps, a roadblock usually stays in game for 2-4 months, and Islands  and other things are less and less needed.
  • Mick is the end boss you have to defeat before you can become CT mapper, Admins dont decide who gets mapper or not.
  • Applications: if you apply for mapper thats great, but mick still has to check it our, and it is from my experience that applications are a bit a lost part of the forum wich doesnt get any real attention.
  • And yes you need to have skills. No offence to anyone out there, but every one who just started mapping can place 4 roads a dock area and some basic houses to. You need to be....  superb, unique and just amazingly good to even have a small chance.
Requirements

• Mapping experience
  • Unique mapping style, like i said everyone can place 4 roads and some houses and can call it an island.
  • Portfolio with maps, not just 1-3 maps, not quite a few will show that you are an experienced mapper. or offcourse 1 super map.
Process

• Applying for mapper using the form will get noticed by admins, but mick is the endboss so its damn hard.
  • Your apply/projects will be evaluated by admins and comments will be made
  • Really good applications get stickied and its easier for mick to know wich ones are very very good.
  • Maybe once every 8 months a new mapper gets added for the simple reason, we cant put endless maps on CT.
  • You cant ask to be a mapper, and i created a map section @ the forum, but thats your showroom, and that still doesnt mean you can get mapper status.
  • Its dam hard, just face it , no offence.

So you need to have experience, a good mapping style in your projects and there has to be demand for the sort of maps you make. Like i said everyone can make a basic island, but there are only a few that can create something thats usefull.

Konali
lol brother who told you for 20mapper"s!!!!
i was just say i want to be a mapper in cvt.. :) i can map island's! i have many work in island's :)
you know im working in a island it is over 600object's and it is still in Progressing....... and it is in los santos..

Supreme

You need to realise you are not the only one that applies, that is what Konali means.

Who doesn't want to be a mapper for CT? See?

Tuntun

yes i know many people want to be map for Convoy Trucking i know that but all people can not good mapping..!! :) some guy an mapping like shit bro... so many people comment in my map in SA-MP forum...
so people told me my skill not bad.. so i want to map for ct if admin or mick want :)

Konali

You cant demand a spot in the ct mappers team, you get asked by Mick if he likes your map.
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

KhornateMonkey

Quote from: Tuntun on September 14, 2012, 17:40
yes i know many people want to be map for Convoy Trucking i know that but all people can not good mapping..!!

Show us

Quote from: Tuntun on September 14, 2012, 17:40
so many people comment in my map in SA-MP forum...
so people told me my skill not bad..

SA:MP forums aren't that good at rating maps anyway

Lindsey

Admins have a lot more important things in life than to be your servants, we look at applications when we can, overall mick has to accept mappers, it's his server. Do you think mick88 the owner of the server is online 24/7 and doesn't have a life?
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Tuntun

no i dont think that Lindsey.. i know  people have life :P

Twizeler

Ethan

once again you claim to be an awesome mapper and demand to be one on this server but yet you cant figure out what the hell your doing in terms of maps... youve asked so many questions its just ridiculous . my suggestion for you: stop now, cause your never gonna be on this team.

Rubber

Quote from: Ethan on September 27, 2012, 14:04
once again you claim to be an awesome mapper and demand to be one on this server but yet you cant figure out what the hell your doing in terms of maps... youve asked so many questions its just ridiculous . my suggestion for you: stop now, cause your never gonna be on this team.

THANK YOU ethan! Finally someone else sees what I see. The other day Roy asked me in game to have a competition at mapping. Sorry, but this really pissed me off. I didn't really give a crap at how good/bad your maps were to begin with, but you had to go on to say how you are a "pro-mapper". At this I had to go check out your maps....I must say I'm not really all that impressed.

Maybe you should show something that takes a lot of skill and is unique. Keep at it Roy, you might get the hang of it sometime.

Tuntun

Okey Thanks Rubber and Ethan... i told that many time's i'm new mapper in MTA. But you guys can not understand that.Thanks anymore Ethan....
i know you'r good mapper in MTA and i'm poor mapper.
don't care about my sig... Thanks Anyway... SA-MP Forum's people only know my mapping skill.
Thanks Guys Thanks.!  :)