News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Laptop Advice

Started by John G, August 22, 2012, 23:25

John G

Hey guys, i was wondering if it is too risky to overclock a laptop CPU or if it should be fine and i am considering upping my 3GB of RAM to 8GB and i want to now if you guys think that its worth doing, i know the laptop can handle that much RAM.

The CPU isn't amazing, it's only an AMD Athlon II P340 dual core processor 2.2Ghz, that's why i want to overclock it.

mrtrlt

Overclocking a laptop really isnt a good idea. It will produce a lot more heat
A better option would be to upgrade the ram. But you'll hve to check if the motherboard can or not.

RaceRX

yeah, dont overclock it .
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

Dan_Nobleman

Alright, let's get on with it.

Overclocking a laptop? BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Fucking dumbass idea.

Why not to overclock a laptop:
1. Shitty Cooler, laptop CPUs already run at 60-80deg celcius at normal clock speeds, pretty close to complete melt-down
2. Most laptop BIOSes don't have an overclocking feature mainly because you shouldn't overclock!
3. PWM on the motherboard only supplies the stock amount of power needed, so you won't have any leeway to overclock with
4. Most mobile processors aren't overclocking capable
5. AMD and Laptop.

So no, you will not overclock your laptop. It's not a suggestion, it's a command.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

John G

:lol: I won't be overclocking then, thanks

Joshy

Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on August 23, 2012, 07:33

1. Shitty Cooler, laptop CPUs already run at 60-80deg celcius at normal clock speeds, pretty close to complete melt-down
2. Most laptop BIOSes don't have an overclocking feature mainly because you shouldn't overclock!
3. PWM on the motherboard only supplies the stock amount of power needed, so you won't have any leeway to overclock with
5. AMD and Laptop.

So no, you will not overclock your laptop. It's not a suggestion, it's a command.
<3 your tech info
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Terrorista310

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

bazingashane0

Quote from: Joshy on August 23, 2012, 11:12
Quote from: Dan_Nobleman on August 23, 2012, 07:33

5. AMD and Laptop.

<3 your tech info

+1 to this.

Also always remember not to stinge out on a laptop for your needs. If you need a laptop do such and such don't get the model below it and hope that can you make it work cause 9 times out of 10 even with maxing out the ram and upgrading to a SSD it won't make any difference.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

DJ_Smashon

Shittops aren't made for oc'ing :p
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Viper

it will burn ur dick off
[SAP]Egert: viper and Boy arent brothers right?
DeHavilland: Nope
DeHavilland: Boy is from NL and Viper is from AUS

We aren't brothers, we just act like them.

John G