News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Thief's hard life

Started by Jedi, July 25, 2012, 15:19

Terrorista310

I dont like thief hijacking others players loads, it creates rage and hate, that's why i belive the server will get worse..
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

ThomasKirkman

At this point, money means nothing to people.  It is all about the mission.  Today, I had a thief block a drop in LS.  The Securicar driver managed to get in to drop his load.  There are two cops right at the gate.  The thief, knowing there is no possible way to succeed, went ahead to jack the Securicar and was immediately arrested.  Why?  Just to ruin the other players mission.  The thief bailed out in seconds.  Money plays no part in most of the missions anymore.  Money is nice, but stealing someones ride is personal.

TK  C:-)

Panzer

Jedi, the thief work is hard if you work in the correct way, (with chasing players for try to steal their vans) But if you do it like an unsuccessful person or rather camping at unload points, this type of missions become mooore simple because securicar driver can do nothing...So if I may, I want to suggest a 2 types of solution:

-1 Make istant unload for securicars driver;
or
-2 Write on the rules that the thiefs aren't allowed to camp at unload points, and allow moderators/admins to kick or ban the thiefs that camp...

P.S: if u take in consideration the second solution, please remember to punish the player called "Szajmon" because he is the only thief that I see always camp at the unload point at Las Venturas...(nothing personal szajmon, but you are bored us with your child's behavior...)

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

I knew my name will pop up in this topic...
I wanted to stop camping coz i got bored with this. I wanted some action, so i took my car and i started to chase the van drivers.
Results?
- players /cancel their mission while i try to hijack him
- players /kill to avoid getting caught
- players /q to avoid getting caught
- players (look out its gonna be LEGEN- wait for it -DARY) even sell their cars to avoid getting caught or just to fuck u up when u hijacked their van

After being that discouraged i decided to camp again...

Just one more thing,
U guys want instant unload and kick camping thiefs? How about fixing the ways that are allowing van drivers to avoid hijack?

[TLC]Titanio

I see a lot of camper, robber in general based their "game" (of robbing armored) on the unloading time, where armored trucker can do nothing to avoid carjacking... It's not a personal attack to certain person but we are all able to play in this way!

Panzer

Quote from: SzajmoN on July 26, 2012, 00:41
I wanted to stop camping coz i got bored with this. I wanted some action, so i took my car and i started to chase the van drivers.
Results?
- players (look out its gonna be LEGEN- wait for it -DARY) even sell their cars to avoid getting caught or just to fuck u up when u hijacked their van

Now I know the negative things of the both sides; and I want to ask you: why you don't report those people that do this things to the admins? In my case I did once that things? So why you camp when you see people like me that only fight until the last ram for defend his van? I agree with you when you camp for people that avoid thief in the way you write here, but i'm disagree when you steal with camping people that not avoid thiefs in that way...

[TLC]Titanio

Quote from: SzajmoN on July 26, 2012, 00:41
Results?

Just one more thing,
U guys want instant unload and kick camping thiefs? How about fixing the ways that are allowing van drivers to avoid hijack?

I have always play without tricks 'cause I understand that it's allowed to rob, but if you camp If you do what you do, you don't create harm to those people you mentioned, but you damage me, when i play always in the right way. The people you mentioned can always perform the actions you have listed, then I agree with you if you act that way with those people, who perform the actions you mentioned, but are not in agreement when do this with people like me who trying to play legally to get the achievements!

Vado19

Quote from: Joshy on July 25, 2012, 21:09
Regarding quitting the server when you are getting hijacked, I have a suggestion for this. In reality, if you abandoned your loaded armored van (loaded with cash) you would be suspended or even dismissed from the company that you work for. I suggest that something similar is implemented in CT.

For example, when a player does /q at any time when armored van is loaded, a message will be sent to them saying:
You have been suspended from securicar duties for __ minutes as you abandoned your loaded armored van when you left the server
OR
When the player leaves, leave the securicar there as it still contains the load. However since SA-MP (I think) automatically restores the vehicle that the driver is driving on quit, there may be a technical issue here.

I think this should be applied to people who timeout as there are many ways to intentionally appear "timed out" to the server.

About when the armored car ignites... usually the gamemode stops vehicles from exploding (setting vhealth to 300.0 every now and again if the vhealth is under 300.0) however if you are going at a high speed it won't do this for some reason (not sure if intentional to make insurance actually worth something or a bug). Considering the armored van is armored, it should survive a lot of hits and shouldn't even ignite.

Does anyone else think we should have a "name and shame" list of all people who /q on arrest / hijack?
i second this.

Quote from: RaceRX96 on October 09, 2012, 00:01
hes one of few dark skinned people i like.

[TLC]Titanio

Quote from: Vado19 on July 26, 2012, 01:14
Regarding quitting the server when you are getting hijacked, I have a suggestion for this. In reality, if you abandoned your loaded armored van (loaded with cash) you would be suspended or even dismissed from the company that you work for. I suggest that something similar is implemented in CT.

For example, when a player does /q at any time when armored van is loaded, a message will be sent to them saying:
You have been suspended from securicar duties for __ minutes as you abandoned your loaded armored van when you left the server
OR
When the player leaves, leave the securicar there as it still contains the load. However since SA-MP (I think) automatically restores the vehicle that the driver is driving on quit, there may be a technical issue here.

I think this should be applied to people who timeout as there are many ways to intentionally appear "timed out" to the server.

About when the armored car ignites... usually the gamemode stops vehicles from exploding (setting vhealth to 300.0 every now and again if the vhealth is under 300.0) however if you are going at a high speed it won't do this for some reason (not sure if intentional to make insurance actually worth something or a bug). Considering the armored van is armored, it should survive a lot of hits and shouldn't even ignite.

Does anyone else think we should have a "name and shame" list of all people who /q on arrest / hijack?
i second this.

Me too, we can make more, if you make /q you have to pay the entire cargo or still in jail more time, but in this way we must make something to avoid this in server crash!

Lindsey

Quote from: mick88 on July 25, 2012, 22:40

OR

Actually, when you abandon a loaded truck, you lose money. If you get hijacked you don't. I don't know if people noticed, but it's better to give up the van to thief than fail mission.

This is exactly what i was surprised about, but love about these missions.

These people that /q to avoid thieves are dumb, you lose nothing if you get hijacked except time, but you lose time from /q'ing as well..where is the sense??????

At naming at shaming, put me as number 1 for /q against police when thieving cars, because I don't care about the cry babies, I care about the fact that I lose A) Time B) money (why do I have to pay for a lost mission for a car i stole? who the fuck am i paying it to????*CRAZYFACE*) and C) Then have to pay jail fees, or sit in jail for usually 8-16 minutes per arrest.

It's a crazy system ;)
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

FaZe1337Sajmon420PL

Quote from: Panzer on July 26, 2012, 00:56
I want to ask you: why you don't report those people that do this things to the admins?
U think they dont know about it? Im only hoping it will be fixed someday.

ThomasKirkman

Lindsey:
QuoteAt naming at shaming, put me as number 1 for /q against police when thieving cars, because I don't care about the cry babies, I care about the fact that I lose A) Time B) money (why do I have to pay for a lost mission for a car i stole? who the fuck am i paying it to?*CRAZYFACE*) and C) Then have to pay jail fees, or sit in jail for usually 8-16 minutes per arrest.

Interesting attitude.  Screw the other player, it's all about me, me, me.
"I care about the fact that I lose A) Time B) money"   -----   You "don't care" about the fact that the cop just spent 15 minutes of THEIR time chasing you all over the map, or that by /q out THEY loose money in fines and fuel?

Risk vs. Reward
"C) Then have to pay jail fees, or sit in jail for usually 8-16 minutes per arrest."
This is a thief mission.  Not a "Give money to Lindsey" mission.  Without the risk, where is the fun?  Why even have a cop system on the server then?

But then you did answer this in the first line...... "I don't care".

Interesting attitude for a person in a position of authority making judgements on the rest of us.

TK   C:-)

Cineks

For moments like this I will really enjoy theif missions :)) Nice swimming skills Razor1911.

Supra

Im sensing that these new armored van/highjacking missions has fucked up the server even more. People are right in saying cvt has turned into cops and robbers shit, and not trucking, so i dont know anymore if convoy trucking is the appropriate name, considering all the other stuff plays just a big part as the trucking, if not even more..

oh well, why do i care..

Cineks

Quote from: Razor1911 on July 27, 2012, 10:44
Btw, why did u posted only this and not videos when I repaired it for you too?

You didn't repair it for me. You repaired it for yourself but I was fast enought to stole it ;)
Quote from: Razor1911 on July 27, 2012, 10:44
And I'm not quitting when I'm wanted
[hide=screens]
[/hide]
In this screens, it shows how you quit and come back. An cop asked you why did you exited while you was wanted and he wants to arrest you
I don't have screens with what cop said, but just look what players said

I stole Rahial's van in front of 2 cops to show him how we feel when you doing /q like Vikingo. or PlayBoy, riding into water like you or Rahail. As Vikingo said it's allowed so I did it. btw. I was supprised 'cuz there were 2 cops and they didn't catch me :o

Is that hard to give up and let us steal it? If we do it faster, you won't be being stolen later.