News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

My views on CVT.

Started by Axi., July 05, 2012, 23:35

Axi.

I recently returned to CVT, and the way things have changed has shocked me.

When I used to be here, last year, everyone had respect for eachother and spoke to eachother like civilised people. Player reports and ban appeals were handled calmly, and the people who were banned, warned or spoken to would, in most cases, accept their punishment without arguing or insulting.

The respect has gone. Admins and moderators now seem to be inundated with violent insults, aggressive ramming and childish, selfish players who think they have a divine right to insult whoever they please without a care.

I loved it when CVT was about the players, the community, the fun and the events we held. Now, it has become a race to prove you're not a 'noob', and to get more score than the player you hate. This server can never return to it's glory days because of this hatred and anger.

Most of the players I knew and loved have left, mostly because of changes and arguments. They were amazing people, and whenever I logged on I would be waiting to talk to all the old legends and convoy with them and have fun, but now when I log on, all I see is either people arguing or spam.

I just wanted to give my views on the current state of CVT.

I miss the people. I miss old CVT.

Strato

I wish i could buy You a beer for this but all I can do is give You a cookie.

+1

$nake

Nothing more to say. COOKIE!

Joshly98

It must be shit to be an admin at the moment, the amount of crap you get given is horrific. Why can't people just have a little bit of respect for each other!?

Konali

if you just behave well as admin, and keep in mind that this is only a game and not real live. Its pretty doable lol:)

Back in  December i had the same feeling axi, but i realised time is just passing away, alot of old veterans tend to live in the past. And if there is 1 thing i have learned here is that looking back to the past just doesnt help. I am still here because i have fun in the simple things as cop/thief but mostly to play with other players. I dont mind if that player is a rookie or a veteran, i just try to give them a good time. You can either look for all the bad things that are happening in CT, or just accept the fact it isnt perfect, and never will be because we live in a online gaming community where everyone has different opinions and tolerance levels.

Just give the game and the community your best you, and try to look away for the simple complaints etc. thats something that always will be here :)
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

Mr.Kangaroo

Quote from: Axi. on July 05, 2012, 23:35
When I used to be here, last year, everyone had respect for eachother and spoke to eachother like civilised people. Player reports and ban appeals were handled calmly, and the people who were banned, warned or spoken to would, in most cases, accept their punishment without arguing or insulting.
Watchu been smokin?
Gold iPhone 5S - Silver iPad Air

Axi.

Quote from: Konali on July 06, 2012, 00:15
if you just behave well as admin, and keep in mind that this is only a game and not real live. Its pretty doable lol:)

Back in  December i had the same feeling axi, but i realised time is just passing away, alot of old veterans tend to live in the past. And if there is 1 thing i have learned here is that looking back to the past just doesnt help. I am still here because i have fun in the simple things as cop/thief but mostly to play with other players. I dont mind if that player is a rookie or a veteran, i just try to give them a good time. You can either look for all the bad things that are happening in CT, or just accept the fact it isnt perfect, and never will be because we live in a online gaming community where everyone has different opinions and tolerance levels.

Just give the game and the community your best you, and try to look away for the simple complaints etc. thats something that always will be here :)

This is why you're an awesome mod.
Quote from: alexgarbz on July 06, 2012, 00:20
Watchu been smokin?

tea leaves

Mr.Kangaroo

Thats new :O
And btw, Konali is an admin now :D

Axi.

Quote from: alexgarbz on July 06, 2012, 01:09
Thats new :O
And btw, Konali is an admin now :D

I know xD I make a mistake

Mr.Kangaroo

Joshy

Most of the players I knew and loved have left, mostly because of changes and arguments.
I'll be one of them soon, along with Lindsey.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Mr.Kangaroo

Quote from: Joshy on July 06, 2012, 02:11
Most of the players I knew and loved have left, mostly because of changes and arguments.
:O really? didn't you just come back?

Joshy

Quote from: alexgarbz on July 06, 2012, 02:13
About 3-4 months ago yeah.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Mr.Kangaroo

Quote from: Joshy on July 06, 2012, 02:14
Quote from: alexgarbz on July 06, 2012, 02:13
About 3-4 months ago yeah.
wtf was it that long ago? time must've flied by D:

RaceRX

u could not have explained this any better. this is EXACTLY why i just quit. ill come back if: mick talks to konali about his arrogance, and rahails fucking terrible additude.
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice