News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

MS Flight simulator

Started by zimon, June 04, 2012, 19:46

zimon

Hi , who off all you guys playing FS ?
I deos, and I fly for an virtual ainline :)  and I flying at vatsim (Virtual Air Traffic Simulation Network)
here is some pictures from my last flight , Stockholm, Sweden - Athen, Greece
LN-DYN (tail number)

Hope any one want to fly togheter some day

Quote from: The_Hobo on August 08, 2012, 17:04
Oh, and nice Justin Beiber haircut.
[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

mrtrlt

I play.

I might try and have a fly with you this weekend. Just gotta make sure my sim is working. Its current size is 70gb!

So it does have hissy fits sometimes...

ThomasKirkman

I fly for vUSAF.  Just finished a flight from Adak, AK to Eielson AFB, AK this morning.  I am stationed at KCHS with the 437th Airlift Wing, 15th Airlift Squadron. Vatsim of course.  I fly the C-17 Galaxy III.

TK  O:-)

Rubber

I have played just about every MS flight sim since FS '95...and I have yet to find a realistic one. I'm not sure what all the hype is about. I guess it is kind of cool to fly big planes on MS FS, but the flight dynamics are all wrong. If you try to put a Cessna 172 in a spin, it just won't go. If you ever do get it into a spin, all you have to do is release the stick to recover...whereas in real life you need to work hard to get it out of the spin. I've done spin training in real life and it's poorly modeled in MS FS. But I will give them the fact that they have realistic animations for flaps and gear and things. They REALLY need to work on damage modeling. For example, if you dive and pull up it just says: aircraft overstressed...it would be nice if you actually had damage as a result.

I don't currently play MS FS, but I do play IL-2 1946 (youtube it). It is a WWII combat sim that has the most realistic flight dynamics (and damage modeling/dynamics) of any sim I've found yet. It's lots of fun to get in a squad and join a server...the squad I was in was small, but elite. We would wipe any server we joined...good times. That was before I found CVT obviously lol.

mrtrlt

Quote from: Rubber on June 05, 2012, 04:30
I have played just about every MS flight sim since FS '95...and I have yet to find a realistic one. I'm not sure what all the hype is about. I guess it is kind of cool to fly big planes on MS FS, but the flight dynamics are all wrong. If you try to put a Cessna 172 in a spin, it just won't go. If you ever do get it into a spin, all you have to do is release the stick to recover...whereas in real life you need to work hard to get it out of the spin. I've done spin training in real life and it's poorly modeled in MS FS. But I will give them the fact that they have realistic animations for flaps and gear and things. They REALLY need to work on damage modeling. For example, if you dive and pull up it just says: aircraft overstressed...it would be nice if you actually had damage as a result.

I don't currently play MS FS, but I do play IL-2 1946 (youtube it). It is a WWII combat sim that has the most realistic flight dynamics (and damage modeling/dynamics) of any sim I've found yet. It's lots of fun to get in a squad and join a server...the squad I was in was small, but elite. We would wipe any server we joined...good times. That was before I found CVT obviously lol.

In regards to your post about the planes on fsx. I know. The 747 handles like a cessna at the best of times. If you want decent ones for jets i recommend "PMDG" and for props "Carenado"

ThomasKirkman

Rubber.  The stock airplanes in FSX are junk.  But the payware ones are VERY good.  I fly  virtual cockpit so it makes it much better.  There are programs for live air traffic control which replicate real world ATC.  It is a great training aid for people interested in becoming RW pilots.  As real as it gets?  It isn't bad.  I started flying Flight Sim with FS1 back in 1982.  So I speak with a bit of experience about it.  And I grew up flying.  SO, as real as it gets?  No.  As real as it gets . . .  so far?  Yes.  And the improvments and add-ons that the flightsim community have brought to the table have made it well worth the trip.  I greatly enjoy Flight Simulator.  I still have FS9 on my computer, but have turned mainly to FSX.

TK   C:-)

Rubber

Even when you get payware planes, the handling is junk. Try downloading an aerobatic airplane and do an inverted flat spin...it's just not right.

zimon

any one that know any good sites where I can find freeware add ons?
and maby an MD-82

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

Rubber

i used to use simviation, not sure if it was .net or .com, but you can google it and I'm sure you will find it. They had a lot of planes, some nicer than others.

zimon

Quote from: Rubber on June 05, 2012, 20:58
i used to use simviation, not sure if it was .net or .com, but you can google it and I'm sure you will find it. They had a lot of planes, some nicer than others.
I know simvation, a good site

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

zimon

sorry for bumping, but I did not wanted to start a new topic for the same game.

on topic
In FS9 there is some AI planes that uses MD-83 and an DH Q-400
how can I be able to fly those IG? they are in the aircraft map but not in the list?
I did some thing with my FS2002 some years ago so I was able to fly the MD-83

any one that can help me?

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

$mooth

I've downloaded the client, got an account. But when i login in the client, nothing happens.

To Zimon!
Quote(Du, jag laddade ner själva klienten som dem bad mig ladda ner, jag har fått mitt inloggnings namn osv, men inget händer. Fattar inte hur jag ska få igång det.)

zimon

Quote from: $mooth on June 07, 2012, 19:34
I've downloaded the client, got an account. But when i login in the client, nothing happens.

To Zimon!
Quote(Du, jag laddade ner själva klienten som dem bad mig ladda ner, jag har fått mitt inloggnings namn osv, men inget händer. Fattar inte hur jag ska få igång det.)
What client? the one for virtual norwegian?

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America

$mooth

this one it told me to download:

zimon

add me at xfire, zimon5 and I help you :)

[hide=Picture][/hide]
God bless America