I need help to uninstall something

Started by Vinny, May 28, 2012, 16:33

Vinny

My problem is I can't uninstall something called Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories. i installed it long time ago to use my Xbox 360 controller on PC. It didn't work so i let it. Today i wanted to reinstall a new version, but it says me i need to uninstall the previous version.

Usually, uninstalling looks like this in: Panel of configuration > Uninstall a program

But for Microsoft Xbox 360 Accessories there is no Uninstall, editor and date of installing.

Anybody know if there is a way to uninstall it ?

Thanks.
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

KaT37

Lindsey

thats for when you put a controller frmo xbox on PC
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Trucker_martin

I will help you!!!!!

EASY xD

So if a program won't uninstall, how do you perform a force uninstall?

1. Click Start and choose Run in the menu (If you're using Windows Vista then press Win+R on your keyboard).

2. Type regedit and hit Enter.

3. On the left side is the registry settings tree, use it to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

4. Inside that key you'll find a lot of keys that belong to different programs. Some are named after the program's name, others as a mix of numbers and letters that makes no sense. Look through each of them until you find one that has the key DisplayName (on the right) with your program's name in it.

5. Notice the key UninstallString - this key points to the uninstall program, and the log file usually resides in the same folder as that program.

6. If you delete the key in which you've found the DisplayName key with the value equal to your program's name, then your program won't appear on the Add/Remove programs list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some programs create new entries in the registry to store their configuration options, these entries can usually be found in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software or in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE - look for the program name or the name of the company that made the software. Don't delete Microsoft though - that contains Windows settings as well.

Next you have to find all the files that have been copied. Open the folder in which the uninstall program should be, and look for files which are named uninstal.log or setup.log or something similar. The list of files that have been installed is inside this file, you can open it in your notepad and find all of the files that have been copied onto your system. Delete the files and you'll get rid of the program almost fully.

Hope it helped

Vinny

Quote from: Trucker_martin on May 28, 2012, 19:56
I will help you!!!!!

EASY xD

1. Click Start and choose Run in the menu (If you're using Windows Vista then press Win+R on your keyboard).

3. On the left side is the registry settings tree, use it to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

4. Inside that key you'll find a lot of keys that belong to different programs. Some are named after the program's name, others as a mix of numbers and letters that makes no sense. Look through each of them until you find one that has the key DisplayName (on the right) with your program's name in it.

5. Notice the key UninstallString - this key points to the uninstall program, and the log file usually resides in the same folder as that program.

6. If you delete the key in which you've found the DisplayName key with the value equal to your program's name, then your program won't appear on the Add/Remove programs list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some programs create new entries in the registry to store their configuration options, these entries can usually be found in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software or in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE - look for the program name or the name of the company that made the software. Don't delete Microsoft though - that contains Windows settings as well.

Next you have to find all the files that have been copied. Open the folder in which the uninstall program should be, and look for files which are named uninstal.log or setup.log or something similar. The list of files that have been installed is inside this file, you can open it in your notepad and find all of the files that have been copied onto your system. Delete the files and you'll get rid of the program almost fully.

Hope it helped

I'm looking for now 30 mins, any little folder, but i can't find the program :/
Anyway to "search" in it ? I mean browse or ...
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

mrtrlt

Quote from: Trucker_martin on May 28, 2012, 19:56
I will help you!!!!!

EASY xD

Hope it helped

Dude, you need to be really confident with the registry to be doing that kind of thing. If people arnt that good at computers its kinda sketchy.

Joshy

[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

TheSandman

You dont even need to install anything to use a 360 controller on Windows, as it has the drivers already. Unlike a PS3 controller.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Vinny

Quote from: Joshy on May 29, 2012, 00:19
Just use CCleaner.

Omg Joshy you help me again with easy stuff. Thank you :D