Current Server Problems [20/05/2012]

Started by Yuri, May 21, 2012, 01:03

Yuri

Convoy Trucking Possible Problem

Currently the game server has been experiencing De-Syncing, Connection, Restarting, Lagging Problems.
Theses problems are not something Convoy Trucking admins can fix.
Complaining about it in the in-game chat will not help. Telling admin's and moderator's to fix it will not help.
The problem can only be fixed if the Owner of Convoy Trucking contacts his current host.
This problem can be caused by multiple things.

1. Not enough resources on the current dedicated server.
2. Dedicated server from the hosting company is receiving multiple packets also know as a DDoS Attack(Distributed Denial of Service)

Now for the ones who do not know how Game Server company's work i will explain.
Game Server company's purchase Dedicated Server from other company's then install control panels to distribute server nods kinda like a VPS(Virtual Private Server). The difference between a VPS(Virtual Private Server) and a Game Server is that the purchaser of this product has less control over the Firewall System *Example: BruteForce, Cisco, Etc..*
As a client that is purchasing a Game Server they receive a Control Panel with FTP(   File Transfer Protocol) or a File Manager. Either way same shit. This allows the client to upload a file into the server and run it. Most hosts do not allow clients to tamper with the Current firewall settings allowing DDoS Attacks(Distributed Denial of Service) to take place and lag out the server.
The reason i do not think the current problem with Convoy Trucking is a DDoS Attack(Distributed Denial of Service) is because the server is not going fully offline. We are not having a cant connect screen. Also the server is not listing itself as offline on SA-MP 0.3e.
The server is simply just De-Syncing and Lagging. This could be caused by a Normal DoS Attack(Denial of Service) yes. But the problem with this is.. Normal DoS Attacks(Denial of Service) would not go on for this long. The IP would get banned the attack would be over. Also a DoS Attack(Denial of Service) would only cause lag from time to time.

Now to the real problem well that i think is the problem.
The company that Mick88 is currently with tends to Over sell products. Meaning selling more products then the current dedicated server can handle. They have a fully automated billing system. This means that anyone who purchases from them the moment the payment has been received the server will be up and the client will receive an email with the server information. Server will not stop selling products until the owner or one of the Techs at that company tell the billing system to stop selling that product.
Also most Game Server hosting company's do over sell products in order to make profit. Its a dirty game but its how people make decent money to live. Also all the current problems with the SA-MP server go with what happens when a Dedicated is running out of Resources. Simply restarting the server will not do.

I just thought i would add this in because someone complained about this post and thought i was insulting Mick and this Community.

Quote1. I am not Insulting Mick i am insulting the hosting company he is with. Mick and Mick's script has nothing to do with the problem the server is having.
2. I have worked for the hosting company that is currently hosting this server I know how they run there server's and how everything works with them.
*Evidence: I can get bank transfer records of them paying me as a worker for them. Over a year i have worked for this hosting company. I am sure i can get my bank to find the statements showing the transactions from them to me via Bank*
3. I am not complaining about the server. I love this community and the member's of it. Admin's and Moderator's keep this place on lock down. I am loyal to this server i would never want this community to go down.

Now i am going to try and get back on the server and do some missions.. So hope this helps everyone that is complaining in-game. Now please stop bugging admin's and moderator's about it. Nothing they can do about it.

Matias

Quote from: Konali on May 20, 2012, 23:24Please be patient, and just hope that it will be solved soon. Server staff cannot fix this issue themselves, so please dont bug them with unneeded questions. Dont create help topics or complaints.

TheSandman

Quote from: Beelzeboss on May 21, 2012, 02:38
Quote from: Konali on May 20, 2012, 23:24Please be patient, and just hope that it will be solved soon. Server staff cannot fix this issue themselves, so please dont bug them with unneeded questions. Dont create help topics or complaints.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

R16RACA

adding to what sandie and beelze have said, i wouldn't talk about the server like this. You post this with no proof of the accusations and mick will ultimately destroy you. Now seriously, delete the topic before Konali sees it and does it for you. If you really want to talk to mick, use the contact admin form.
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Yuri

This post is not to insult Mick. Nothing in this post is pointing towards Mick.
Also Konali told me if i had anything to add on this issue i can post it freely. This post is to say that it is not something Admin's or Moderator's can fix. This is a server side issue. Only way to fix this is if Mick posts a Ticket about this problem with his host's tech support or if the host fix's the problem before Mick posts a ticket.

Evidence of Proof: I worked for this company that is currently hosting this server. I have bank statements showing them paying me for work i have done for them. I know how they run things at there company do not think i would post something like this if i did not know what is going on.

-----

(Please be patient, and just hope that it will be solved soon. Server staff cannot fix this issue themselves, so please dont bug them with unneeded questions. Dont create help topics or complaints.)

^ This is so player's that cannot login or that are having issues while in-game do not complain on the forums about this issue. I am not complaining. I am posting what may just be the problem. So player's don't annoy admin's and moderator's in-game. Admin's and moderator's tell player's over 30times a day so far that they cannot do anything about this problem. They need a better example i gave them that.

Joshy

Quote from: TheSandman on May 21, 2012, 02:42
Quote from: Beelzeboss on May 21, 2012, 02:38
Please read carefully, then now tell me how you now look like an idiot.

"help topic" is the answer. This is information, not "me no log in server i de-sync like poo on ice".

Good guy Yuri informs players of outage
 :gtroll:
Gets people posting bullshit replies
 :horror:
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Yuri

Oh lord.. Not again....

QuotePlease be patient, and just hope that it will be solved soon. Server staff cannot fix this issue themselves, so please dont bug them with unneeded questions. Dont create help topics or complaints.

Dont create help topics or complaints.\

Example for Help Topics: Oh help i can't login to the server. Its always De-Syncing.
Example for Complaints: The server is derping what the fuck is going on.

I really am not trying to argue or nothing but seriously... This is really ticking me off right now. I was told to post something if it was helpful to others by Konali. If this is wrong i will apologize but seriously...

Deff

Hey guys, he know how volt host works, because he had been working for them :D
Good work yuri (for posting the info)

R16RACA

i think the main thing is that the underlying message is exactly what Konali wrote, dont bug the admins. This is why people are getting annoyed. Seriously, this whole post is directed about the problem with the host. We knew it was the host, and Mick will already have opened a support ticket with them. This doesnt exactly help any of us, cause even you are unsure of what the problem is. Good for you if you worked for them, but you need to talk to Mick... this stuff isn't really helpful to us, because even though some of us are on the dev team etc, Mick is in charge of all hosting/server stuff.

Just sayin
[/hide]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Yuri

First off.. This post seemed to help someone due to i got cookies for this post. second off this post does help in away cause no one has bugged an admin or mod in-game since i have posted this. So some how i think this is helping. I don't know what you have against me but really.. Grow up man like you caused all this over a post that someone made explaining what the problems could be.
Again.. Not trying to be a dick but you really are pissing me off...

Like i am not trying to offend anyone from this community at all but seriously dude you really are pissing me off.. This is just a post about what could be the problem and that member's of the community should stop bugging admin's and moderator's about it. Am i sitting here bitching at you or anyone from this community about this issue hell no. Am i forcing Mick to switch hosts? Fuck no i am not. I am just sitting here trying to be a nice person and help some of theses people out. Like is my knowledge about computers pissing you off or something dude? I mean seriously you seem all butt hurt over this post you have not stopped posting stuff about my post. Like i prove you wrong in one way but in an other i don't because you are right anything could be wrong. I could be wrong about this but i am not forcing admin's and mod's to answer to my post. This is a free world sir. I am allowed to post what i want. Last time i checked i am a grown adult i can do as i please. If Konali or Mick has a problem with this post they can come to me and tell me that. I will apologize and tell them i am sorry i just tried to help this community by letting member's know that this is not something the admin's or moderator's can fix. This is a Host Side problem. Simple as that. If you don't like my post then don't reply to it simple. Konali or Mick have an issue with this they can contact me i am sure we would have a nice talk. Either they like it or they don't. The community don't revolve around you R16. I really don't want to be an asshole but you seriously are making it hard for me. I  really did not mean no offense..

R16RACA

1. You clearly went against Konali "dont create help topics" this topic is technically a help topic, seeing as you are trying to help people understand, and if so, its in the wrong section.
2. Nobody may have bugged an admin or mod, but they are all still complaining online, and im pretty sure they wont be bugging them because of Konali's post, not your post.
3. "this is a post about what could be the problem" - You say you have attempted to make contact with Mick. Posting this will do nothing to attract his attention.
4. never did i say anything about you telling mick to switch hosts, you bought that up yourself just then.
5. Your knowledge of computers does not piss me off. All of it can be found via google and well know sites (none to be named). I also know my stuff anyway.
6. As much as you would like, you cannot post what you want, and this is not a free world.
7. Konali and Mick are not the only ones with a bit of power around here, and you just got told that you broke Konali's rule by at least 2 of them
8. You repeated what Konali posted (spam/not needed)
9. I am fully aware that this community does not revolve around me (as much as would like it to)
10. Side note about your first post - People will generally read a title no matter what colour or font it's in.
[/hide]
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
[/hide]

Yuri

1. I did not spam anything if i spammed i guess you and the other few member's spammed also (scroll up)
2. Konali said i could post this. Konali told me this in-game and said if you think it would help go for it.
3. You seem to be pissed off cause you don't know when to just shut up. Why can't you just not wait until tomorrow when Konali or Mick or some other admin's and mods get online. If i recall 2 of my cookies where giving to me by admin's and if you can check the shoutbox logs you would probably know this... I was told that my post was good and made sense..
4. This is a free world.. The last time i checked i live in Canada and the Server is hosted in the UK. No Communist shit going on here bud.
5. I am awaiting a reply from Konali i wrote Konali a msg about you arguing with me over this post. This is really childish and i just won't deal with this .. If you are trying to piss me off you did a really good job. Cause not only have you replyed to my post over and over and over again.. Complaining and Complaining .. You have also insulted me calling me a Spamming on the Shoutbox when if you look at the logs... People tend to type fast and can get more then 1 line in at a time.. Look at the logs even Admin's and Mods do it! :)
6. I thought Dev's,Admin's,Moderator's, are supposed to be nice to member's and make them feel welcome.. I know Ethan, Konali, Joshy, and a few more admin's/mod's/dev's have.. Don't seem like your to welcoming...
7. You brought up the switching host shit in-game don't be an idiot now..  You just want me gone cause i proved your ass wrong.. Your just upset ... That's all it is.. Grow up!

R16RACA

:ukiddn:

Nowhere in my dev team info, does it say i am required to be nice to people who cannot understand the rules set by an admin.
Quote from: Konali on May 20, 2012, 23:24Dont create help topics

You can talk/discuss here if you want, but crappy comments could be deleted and users forum warned.

you shouldnt create your own topic.^

You didn't prove me wrong, i dint bring up host switching, and do not post about the shoutbox here. At least try to stay on topic.
Konali is probably still asleep, and he cannot do anything about arguing, as it is on topic (relatively), and also it must be a report for him to take action. Also telling you that your spamming is not insulting, be glad your not reported.

[off topic]
You say you live in a free world, yet you allow yourself to governed by a set of laws and regulations. When you post here, you adhere to rules, and some people can change what you say. Yet you believe you are free?

Also i love the hypocritical bit at the end where you tell me to grow up :D Im a teenager, i dont have to... whereas should you really be continuing this argument?
I am a wall of Knowledge of all things to do with this server. Do not try and beat me.
[/hide]
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
[/hide]

Joshy

Since I partially started this argument, I am going to end it.

<?php die("stop fucking arguing!"); ?>
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Storm94

Quote from: Joshy on May 21, 2012, 10:30
Since I partially started this argument, I am going to end it.

<?php die("stop fucking arguing!"); ?>
Or you can use all of my mysql_error die statements :D
<?php mysql_query($qry) or die("MAGNETS: ".mysql_error()); ?>
Fucking magnets man, how do they work?

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.