New roadbarriers for ferry terminal

Started by DeHavilland, May 20, 2012, 20:22

Matias

Quote from: Ethan on May 24, 2012, 15:21
not to ruin your parade Dehav, its an awesome idea, but why not just take the dockbars that are there already and have them on a similar timer as WC expressway bridge, so that they go up when the ferry leaves both LS docks and LSI and go down when it arrives.... it would prevent people from getting too close to the entrance of where the ferry is and it could help drivers getting off the ferry as well

It also should work because theres already 2 barriers working like that at WC express highway, mick only needs to make the ones at ports move too :D

Ethan

Quote from: Beelzeboss on May 24, 2012, 15:50
It also should work because theres already 2 barriers working like that at WC express highway, mick only needs to make the ones at ports move too :D

thats my point, use the ones already there...  :P

DeHavilland

Quote from: Ethan on May 24, 2012, 15:21
not to ruin your parade Dehav, its an awesome idea, but why not just take the dockbars that are there already and have them on a similar timer as WC expressway bridge, so that they go up when the ferry leaves both LS docks and LSI and go down when it arrives.... it would prevent people from getting too close to the entrance of where the ferry is and it could help drivers getting off the ferry as well
Could be nice but I like my own idea more :P
[hide=Our Renault Dauphine]
80's

90's

2014 with new team colour

[/hide]

SeraMondialu

Yeap .
And mick can increase the collision by high, and thats it .

Rockey

DeHavilland

Thanks for the support.

Only thing left is to wait for a answer from a admin.
80's

90's

[/hide]

Twizeler

verry nice

Quote from: DeHavilland on June 03, 2012, 11:37
Thanks for the support.

and you mean mick :P

DeHavilland

Quote from: Twizeler on June 03, 2012, 12:25
verry nice

Quote from: DeHavilland on June 03, 2012, 11:37
Thanks for the support.

and you mean mick :P
Yeah I mean him :P
80's

90's

[/hide]

martata14

''Feel my pain, because it is pain, which I wake up every day."- Mike Tyson

Deff

i don't really care if they get added in WC bridge or not.

However -1 for ferry terminals, because sometimes there is too much traffic. like 4-5 trucks and less space to park trucks, so when ferry will arrive and if it is empty, instead of just moving in, first those 4-5 trucks (could be more) will have to wait for the barriers to lift and this will create time wastage and maybe 4th and 5th truck leave behind.

deejayy2k

Quote from: Deff on June 03, 2012, 17:34
i don't really care if they get added in WC bridge or not.

However -1 for ferry terminals, because sometimes there is too much traffic. like 4-5 trucks and less space to park trucks, so when ferry will arrive and if it is empty, instead of just moving in, first those 4-5 trucks (could be more) will have to wait for the barriers to lift and this will create time wastage and maybe 4th and 5th truck leave behind.

they could queue up on the road if on ls and even if in ls island there is loads of room for people to wait for the ferry its just most people are just too damn impatient to wait 5 seconds to the ferry. if there is that many trucks anyway the ferry becomes a dangerous thing to sit on.

+1 for the gates

mrtrlt

Quote from: Ethan on May 20, 2012, 20:42
this would be very useful at both ferry stops, especially for the rookies.  there would have to be really good timing with the ferry's arrival to release it though

I don't think it would be that difficult as the timing just needs to be changed from when the bridge goes up and get's assigned to that object's purpose