Cop suggestion (update)

Started by Lindsey, April 26, 2012, 19:36

Lindsey

Cops have overpowered cars compared to thieves, they have stronger cars, and mainly faster cars, not only that, but they can arrest people from miles away, they can be miles away to arrest someone who completes a mission due to "cops in the area" and it doesn't matter how long they've chased you. I was just in a Landstalker, a cop shows up for less than 30 seconds, i take my offroad car offroad, it stalls, and just kept stalling. His Cop car LS non off-road car doesn't stall, it's still in good condition.

Thief is the most laziest made achievement in this damn game, and i find it pathetic that it's not possible to make any money doing this work. YOU DO NOT PROFIT FROM THIEF. You are almost always going to get arrested unless it's a short mission or you've got a fast car and a good route. Any routes to wet county = arrested. Even if you unload you will get arrested, because there are NOT ENOUGH ROUTES.

Thief is underpowered, cop is overpowered.

Why can cops spam arrest? They can literally just spam it over and over again, why isn't arrest like overloading? You have to wait a certain amount of time before you can ask to arrest again. This will make cops have to be tactical in using the arrest key, and making sure the player is stopped instead of getting lucky with just 1 ram.

I want cops unable to spam arrest. They should be limited to using it, thieves have shit, underpowered cars, that breakdown within 1 crash, it's completely unfair. And then to top it off, the mission completed money barely covers one jail.

Try this as a suggestion instead :

"
Quote from: Lindsey on April 29, 2012, 19:28
Which is why there is such a simple fix.

Fines will always get caught, so they aren't a problem.

Thieves are limited to the amount of cops online, so i suggest the same for cops, cops have other work like fines and weighing, sure, but if cops are forced to limited numbers due to the amount of thieves online, there will be more fines, more cops in cop cars working properly, doing it all.

So for example, right now it's 2 cops = 1 thief can spawn. then 3 cops, another thief can spawn.

So
2 : 1
3 : 2

(I think)

My suggestion however is more complicated, it is for cops to have a seperate "cop" ranks, perhaps "K9 cops" Normal cops - Free to have as many as you want, they collect fines and overloads ONLY.
k9 cops can do it all, but are limited in numbers, for example, my suggestion of 2 cops = 1 thief, if 1 thief spawns, then another cop can spawn, but then no more k9 can spawn because there are 3 cops 1 thief.

This would not only combat - too many cops > thief ratio, but also not make thieving any easier during the night shift.
This also stops there being the issue of not enough cops to collect fines.

I think this kills two birds with one stone, and i'm hoping people agree.

If not, edit my suggestion!
"
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

matriXat

To goddamn TRUE !
I mean come on, if you have a Benson in thief mission, you got 2-7% not to get cought even if you know how to drive.
I will criticize myself because i've used the respawn /com couple times before and it's soo unfair.
+ i think the police should be limited with cars ( it's just an option so don't get cocky ). I know for the "fast demons" which are running but you wont have a chance if the police have FAST cars.

+1 from me!

Lindsey

It's the whole reason why i /q from cops in hotrings or infernus. How can a romero escape an infernus when my drop off is in WC and i'm being chased in LS....:@
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Dan_Nobleman

If I didn't start playing roleplay servers, then I'd be against this, but...

I totally support this, the way this is done is completely unrealistic. The arrest command shouldn't be spammed, You should only be able to arrest when you're within a 5 meter distance, and that you can only arrest them when they're traveling <5 mph.

There is a ton of more work that can be put into this to make it a bit more fair.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Joshy

Amen to this suggestion! But do you really think anything will be done?  :'(
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Bruno_2MLG4CT

+1 !! strong +1 from me linds... When you a thief and cop is chasing you behind you he just press sub-mission key 100times in a second lol and there is no second when you can see empty screen without that red letters !!

Credits to our slave Sorin

Quote from: Konali
turtle, you as much an asslicker than everyone else, everytime you get reported, you message me on xfire or facebook

Quote from: Taylor Swift#DemotSurpm

Ethan

Quote from: Joshy on April 26, 2012, 20:44
Amen to this suggestion! But do you really think anything will be done?  :'(

0.00000001% chance perhaps

John_Freeman

The only real problems I have with cops are re-spawn abuse, cops who use tuned vehicles with the soul purpose to gain the achievement, those who avoid other duties, fines/weight check, car show fine collectors, and cops who don't do their duties in general.

Deff

If you are good in driving, they won't be able to stop you, but yeah they can chase you still till your unload. So if you evade all the speed cams, you will get 2 stars, which will change to 1 star on unload. Thats not much. Just one minute jail. But then again, its very difficult to avoid so many speed cams. So yeah thief achievement is a bit difficult then others because you have higher probability of losing a mission.
Whereas cops have less probability of doing a mission (because they need to wait for a suspect)

And, thiefs get low paid then cops, but thats how it is. So I don't think anything is unfair, its purposely made just like this so that you get annoyed and don't think to be a thief again.

$nake

1. Cop should only arrest/fine/check from 1m (the lenght of his car)
2. Cop shouldn't have ability to arrest near unload, min. 20m from it, when thief is 10-9-5-2m from unload, cop shouldn't have ability to arrest
3. Cop should only arrest in COP CAR, even if thief is driving infernus
4. and yes, cop shouldn't spam [2], at least have ability to use it once per 5-10 secs

Moonwalker

+1 Linds ...

Quote from: $nake on April 27, 2012, 10:29

damn right $nakie, +1 for you too ...

Twido

+1 , don't need to say something

[hide= Just a rule]
Quote from: Mick88
Your friends do not have the authority to allow you to break server rules. ๖ۣۜTωi∂✿
[/hide]

Storm94

Quote from: $nake on April 27, 2012, 10:29
1. Cop should only arrest/fine/check from 1m (the lenght of his car)
2. Cop shouldn't have ability to arrest near unload, min. 20m from it, when thief is 10-9-5-2m from unload, cop shouldn't have ability to arrest
4. and yes, cop shouldn't spam [2], at least have ability to use it once per 5-10 secs
1. and there would be no fines/weights/arrests. Thats WAY too close, and server lag would make it damn near impossible to do anything. Especially for our Aussie friends that have 400+ pings (<3 TSM)
2. Kinda dumb. Would make theiving overpowered.
3. Ive stolen Waltons and had Hotring/Infernus cops chase me, and manage to steal the car, even going to wet county.
4. Okay, I agree with this one, its annoying when youre going 50MPH+, and they spam 2, as if its going to do something.

To wrap up, reading Lindsey's post. Get better at thieving. I can manage to steal the car 85% of the time, which isnt bad at all. Sure, you sometimes get a shitty car or a shitty route, but thats the nature of the job. If you dont like it, then dont do the job. Its that simple.

And it is VERY possible to profit from theif. Just because you dont, doesnt mean you can generalize it to the entire server.

Heres how:
If you deliver a car in Perfect condition, you get 3k, 4k, or 5k depending on the quality of the car (I think, route distance doesnt seem to have an effect on payment).
If you get, on average, 3k per car (for damage and slower cars, I average around 3k per car) and my steal rate is 85%, and I steal 100 cars, that means I have 85 successful steals. Say I can manage to lose wanted level half the time, even at 6 stars, as long as you dont have fines, and you dont /bailout, you can still make 220k, taking into account those 15 failed missions where I loose 1k for getting arrested and failing the mission.

So, see, its not all that hard to thieve. I do it when im bored, and want to make money trolling cops. Thats what you have to look at it as. If you look at it as some daunting task to run from the cops, youre doing it wrong. Look at it as trolling cops and making money in the process. You seem to have alot more fun lag smacking cops off the WC bridge, and causing the Infernus noob to crash than worrying about trying to outrun them.

Well, that was long winded.

I'm back, bitches :D

[glow=#282828,10,500]"I dislike Apple, so no." -mick88
"$nake honestly you are one arrogant prick." -Shane0
"The rest of you who I could consider trolls, just go fuck yourself." -Joshy
"TheGame, All I have to say is you complain a lot, and you're probally gonna be an even more arrogant, pompous jackass after this." -RaceRX
"I have a suggestion: Repost this in a respectful manner without caps, silly colors and big fonts, and perhaps someone will give a fuck about your complaint." -mick88
[/glow]

Can't read my quotes? Stop using the white style.

R16RACA

1. I do believe i read somewhere that cop cars have higher health; so that they can continue to purse suspects.
2. If we spam the arrest key, and you refuse to pull over, stars increase. However if we didn't press it, and continued to follow, there would be no penalty increase for resisting arrest.
3. I do however agree that cops should not be able to use non police vehicles
4. I do not believe we can arrest from 'miles away'
5. I also agree that wet county was not well thought out for thief missions
6. You complain that its 'unfair', yet essentially you are doing something illegal, what do you expect to happen?

-1-1+1-1+-1= -4
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Terrorista310

Quote from: Lindsey on April 26, 2012, 19:36
"that breakdown within 1 crash, it's completely unfair"

Infernus is the same -.-

Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.