easy reflection addition for the modders out there

Started by Rubber, February 28, 2012, 08:16

Rubber

Take a look at the hood, top of the truck, and windows in the before and after videos. Both videos were taken without ENB. It is a simple addition to any mod and makes it look a lot better than stock. I can explain the process later, but I'm tired now lol.

Don't mind my mod, I am not done with it.

It is a bit hard to tell in the fraps videos, but the second one has sky reflections on all the surfaces.

[xfire]54e04a/[/xfire]
[xfire]54e04b/[/xfire]

ihatetn931

Looks like enb series to me with reflections on low. Reflections are only a texture that shine when the light hits them. Only way i can actually think of doing this is using a cloud texture as the reflection texture. Textures don't reflect stuff in gta sa.

returns. (the rims)

Before

After

So which texture are you using to make those refelctions?

Rubber

I assure you it's not ENB....sigh...I'll go grab another video...

EDIT: here are some more videos proving it is not ENB. First vid: without reflection modification, both ENB off and on. Second vid is with reflection mod and ENB off then switched on. Unlike ENB, the reflection mod doesn't cause lag. It is a simple addition to the txd and dff (at least in zmodeler it is).

[xfire]54e05f/[/xfire]
[xfire]54e063/[/xfire]

ihatetn931

Quote from: Rubber on February 28, 2012, 08:31
I assure you it's not ENB....sigh...I'll go grab another video...

What texture are you using, send away cause if you can do it then i can do it. Which modeling software do you use?

Rubber

Its just a reflection map tga that I snagged from another mod, and I use zmodeler. I can send the file in xfire if you add me.