News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by Copper, February 27, 2012, 22:18

Copper

I go to play convoy trucking and i noticed they whent to 0.3d-r2.I updated my client to the same version and start the server.It loads and sais Convoy Trucking on the screen and then stalls for a minute and reconnects.So i cant get passes that screen

mick88

There seems to be a bug that reconnects players who are kicked while joining. I think it may be a good thing since you're kicked because server is full and don't need to do anything to reconnect.

Deff

That bug is very useful, people need to stop complaining about it.

mick88

Quote from: Deff on February 27, 2012, 23:02
That bug is very useful, people need to stop complaining about it.

They complain because they're confused. They don't know what's happening.

Lindsey

But usually you'd never get the the convoytrucking logo on the server and then get kicked, surely?
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Deff

Quote from: Lindsey on February 29, 2012, 22:30
But usually you'd never get the the convoytrucking logo on the server and then get kicked, surely?
I'll explain how this works,

NOTE: This is for non-vips and non-staff. (the vips and staff do not encounter this)

When we join the server, this is what happens:

0> message on chat: "connecting to (server ip)"

then if server is full (96/100) OR if you have account security system enabled for particular PC and you are joining from another PC

1>the player gets connected to [server ip]
2>Logo displayed at center of screen"CONVOY TRUCKING" (i think its in green color, but not sure)
3>Connection is lost to server and on the chat appears this message "lost connection to server" followed by "restarting the server"  and finally "connecting to [server ip here]"
4>back to above condition whether server is full or not. if its full again back to first point.

else if server is not full (less then 96 players)
You get connected to server and it asks for your password, after that you can enjoy playing.

This way the player is actually never kicked automatically from the server.
Only staff can kick players, not the server. The server can just disconnect the player, and player can just wait for reconnection (because server restarts for him)

Btw I am not sure whether kick of a staff member really works or restarts for the player, because I have never been kicked for experiencing this bug.