News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Network help?

Started by DJ_Smashon, January 31, 2012, 14:21

DJ_Smashon

Okay so I wanetd to try run my minecraft server on my laptop but I have a problem.
When I connect my laptop with cable to my modem so do I get "no acces(the yellow triangle)" on my computer and allso on the laptop. I've turned off DCHP in my modem and I've putted "own" ip's on the PC's

BTW: I can use my laptop over Wi-Fi (if that helps :s)

Windows XP on the laptop and Windows 7 on my PC

Some pics:

I've done the same thing with my laptop but I've 10.0.0.6 as LAN ip on th Laptop.

Hope you can help! Thanks!

P.S Sorry for the size of the pics :s
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

Dr_dog

you can enable DHCP server again, it just assigns a dynamic (temporal IP) for computers which dont have static set.
On first picture you see that "Port Forwarding" go there. theres something like "add" then for internal port start put 25565, internal end 25565, external start 25565, external end 25565. and if theres remote IP thing.
put the laptop's IP address to it eg 192.168.1.5
you must use the laptop's IP if you want to join it others must have the external IP of the laptop (www.whatismyip.com go there with laptop) take it somewhere on paper and give it to your friends. it might be something like 85.***.***.23 and if your friend cant connect to that use the 85.***.***.23:25565

Try turning off the Wlan antenna in laptop and pluggin LAN cable to the lappy
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

DJ_Smashon

Quote from: Dr_dog on January 31, 2012, 15:11
you can enable DHCP server again, it just assigns a dynamic (temporal IP) for computers which dont have static set.
On first picture you see that "Port Forwarding" go there. theres something like "add" then for internal port start put 25565, internal end 25565, external start 25565, external end 25565. and if theres remote IP thing.
put the laptop's IP address to it eg 192.168.1.5
you must use the laptop's IP if you want to join it others must have the external IP of the laptop (www.whatismyip.com go there with laptop) take it somewhere on paper and give it to your friends. it might be something like 85.***.***.23 and if your friend cant connect to that use the 85.***.***.23:25565

Try turning off the Wlan antenna in laptop and pluggin LAN cable to the lappy

still doesnt work even with automatic ips to both pc's, and i have to restart the modem to get the internet back :s

A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149

DJ_Smashon

Ok its working now but it looks like the CPU is only 0.7 GHZ :s BTW i restore my modem..

EDIT: Its working fine now but it takes long to load objects on connect and so on...
A.K.A NaftaTorque
Old ID=9149