Insurance idea?

Started by Fox_Cub, January 08, 2012, 12:51

Fox_Cub

As i have read many posts about people forgetting to insure there vehicles and crashing them and blowing them up. could there be a way to tell us that the vehicles insurance has run out.
take example when your car gets clamped you get a message saying its immobile in red, well perhaps we can have 'this vehicle has NO insurance' in red so the owner can see it and buy some or take there chances and then if they crash it and blow up they have only themselves to blame as they ignored it. (then if the car has insurance the message will NOT appear) but it can benefit people like me, i keep what i use insured but sometimes on a bad day when the insurance is expired i sometimes forget and get a shock when half way through the mission i haven't got any insurance and quickly buy some.
(I'm straying from the point :P)
maybe this will help out everyone and also decrease the chances of people moaning that they destroyed there car due to no insurance.
Thanks
Fox

$nake

nice idea :P but before insurance runs out, we r getting a red msg warning :)

Fox_Cub

yes but when it runs out and you log off it has no insurance. but when you log back in it doesn't tell you, and if you let someone drive it with a password if your not online they won't know either.
I've had mine run out and said I'll get it next login, next login and i have forgotten and doing missions without any insurance can be annoying

mrtrlt

Mick has now mAde it so that as long as you have auto insure on it will insure even if your not driving said vehicle

Deff

we already have that notification system

Ethan

Quote from: mick88
3 January 2012 2.4 RC 15

• Autoinsure option will always insure vehicle whenever the owner is online. Even if vehicle is not in use.
your idea/suggestion is already available.

Fox_Cub

but dont you have the ability to turn it off? as i have it off due to the fact that i own about 7 vehicles and 3 are not insured but if i turn it on it will cost me quiet a bit of money for everything to be insured at the same time.

$nake

Quote from: Fox_Cub on January 08, 2012, 16:18
but dont you have the ability to turn it off? as i have it off due to the fact that i own about 7 vehicles and 3 are not insured but if i turn it on it will cost me quiet a bit of money for everything to be insured at the same time.
some1 was complaining about that, mick said that was made to work in this way exactely :)

Ethan

you can turn it off, by turning auto insure off... it auto insure is on then it will renew no matter what but if its off then it wont.

Fox_Cub

i now have auto insure off, but i still have problems remembering :P the worst thing i do is get in my petrol that is insured and pick one of my trailers up that is not insured and then get a nasty shock when i get a bill for repairing! unless there is an easier way of warning the driver that there is no insurance, i don't know i just wondered that this may help some people like me, go on ct havent got long to play on it for a reason you jump in a car forgotten that it has none, theres no way of telling when in the car and you drive off and if u are unluckey you crash it, thinking you got insurance you get out and then it disapears for ever. perhaps theres a more eaisier way of telling the driver?

bazingashane0

It will say to you insurance on x vehicle has expired in chat. I don't see why this topic needed to be created. Also use /mycars to see what ones are insured.

Quote from: mick88 on January 17, 2012, 08:10
You got your money for arrest, and he's out so you can arrest him again. You mad?

Fox_Cub

this topic is old
no i know how the system at the moment works, but times come when you forget to check if the car has insurance or you come on ct cos u have had a bad day and just hop into your truck and trailer and you forget to check if the insurance ran out, the worst case is the insurance runs out you know this, you don't go back on the server for 2 days and you have compleatly forgotten this, and crash! you blown your expensive car up and forgot to insurce, all it will take it a little text to say this car has no insurance and then the driver can buy some then carry on with the game.
could help, might not help, it might also decrease the amount of people moaning that they destroyed there uninsured car, they have had enough warnings.