How SOPA will affect you if it gets passed (:

Started by Geckco, December 24, 2011, 05:30

Geckco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhwuXNv8fJM

Just watch that video its easier to you kiddies can understand.

If this bill gets passed the whole internet gets fucked. In my opinion I dont give a shit lol, I want everyone else to suffer too, like you euro kiddies.

http://www.americancensorship.org
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Dr_dog

Actually all those end of world things are true. They are just wrong its End of internet
Sucks to be american who used to download stuff. If this gets passed.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Geckco

Quote from: The Santa on December 24, 2011, 12:03
Actually all those end of world things are true. They are just wrong its End of internet
Sucks to be american who used to download stuff. If this gets passed.

well some american websites will probbaly be shutdown, websites like youtube ect.
Banned for show boating in game /warns like an immature child. Warnings are not cool, and are not to brag about.

Dan_Nobleman

I hate having to explain this all, but SOPA is just 1/3 of the story.
SOPA = Stop Online Piracy Act
ACTA = Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
Protect IP = Protect Intellectual Property

Now I know some of you think 'eyyy I know happen what when pass this thiny'

Now of course, I have to give you a full explanation of all of them.

SOPA expands the ability for law enforcement and other government agencies to crack down on illegal downloads, Summing it up: They Can Tap Your Computer.

ACTA allows companies to petition the US to 'shut out' a website, making it inaccessible to the countries. Summing it up:  They can in theory be able to get any website blocked even if it has ONE article of illegal evidence, and it will hold the WebMaster responsible.

Protect IP expands the ability of ACTA, being able to curb websites with illegal items with more ease than ever before.

Now to sum these all up, It will fuck up most of the internet. You might be thinking ' Ooo no worriez, I live not in us, I safe ', But you are WRONG. Most of the connections you make involve a US A Class Machine, so that means that the filters will apply to you. Don't think you're safe, because you aren't. Act before you fall victim to the Internet Killer, cause it might just be coming to a country near you.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

HeLiOn_PrImE

This won't just happen in the US, people!!! Wake the f__k up!!!
ACTA is being negotiated by a total of 39 countries. Your local torrent trackers may also be in danger.
When this comes down to voting, make sure that you, your family and friends are voting NO.
Spread the word about this!!! Facebook, Twitter, name it, yell at it!!
no animated signatures allowed

Joshy

The chances of sites like Facebook and YouTube coming down are possible, but very slim in my opinion. Taking down a video hosting website that millions even billions of people use will simply lead into less people using the internet, so less ad revenue and more people unsubscribing from their ISPs = affects the economy. Think of the YouTube partners = they will lose money. Game companies make a hell of a load off people making videos of their games, it's basically free advertising. If that went = game companies suffer.

Now what will go down is sites like The Pirate Bay, ISOHunt and all those pirate sites.

You guys are over-reacting. It's not the end of the internet. It's just some corporate greed for money. I don't want to it be passed, but even if it did, the pirate sites would be mostly targeted, not the sites that 95% of the world uses correctly.

Perhaps if this bill gets passed no one can torrent anymore and then we all turn to open source applications, then there will be better development for free stuff which is exactly want you wanted in the first place, free stuff.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

HeLiOn_PrImE

No one said that it would be the end of the internet...but lots of our daily stuff will go and it will be hard for us.
Leaving the internet aside, these dudes will have the right to tap PC's and search people's homes for pirated software. Our privacy will disappear.
no animated signatures allowed

Geckco

meh i find it funny, because everyone says the USA has no power over the internet, but look at this now, the USA is passing the bill that will regulate so much of internet piracy. What makes you guys think the US doesnt run the internet? They could shut it down if they wanted too.

Dr_dog

Quote from: Joshy on December 28, 2011, 13:08
Perhaps if this bill gets passed no one can torrent anymore and then we all turn to open source applications, then there will be better development for free stuff which is exactly want you wanted in the first place, free stuff.
ubuntu <3 more open source games too? btw i got right now 11.8TB of pirated stuff on my file server  :-\
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS