News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

spending my money wisely..

Started by Ethan, November 27, 2011, 02:57

Ethan

my current computer:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01949103&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=4107320#N295

motherboard
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01701270&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=4107320

my (dead) laptop
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00248703&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=308217

so I got some money and I wanted opinions (for the PC geeks) 
would it be better to buy a IDE drive for my laptop and try to get it working again or more productive to get a video card/more ram or both

NOTE- when I searched for an IDE drive, all I could find were PATA, is that the same thing and what would be the best video card for me to get??  I know I can use PC6400 DDR2 RAM..

Dr_dog

IDE = Parallel-ATA i think it is same. Depending how the harddrive is there you should do it. If its like open cover from side and pull it off or something.

But preferably get better graphic card and ram for your desktop. Remember to disable intergrated graphic controller from BIOS after you install a graphic card.
Just remember you might need more powerful PSU if you get high end card also it might just drag other components with it.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

the laptops har drive is just easy pullout one and its in front.. but I have a 250W power supply in my desktop. do you think I would need a new one if I upgrade? it says I have 825MB of video memory.. but how much of that is true. and would it be beneficial to upgrade to one with only 512... but the new one would be dedicated video..

iFrost

250W might be too little, I'm not sure. I don't know what the PC market is at the moment, where are you from again?

Ethan

Florida< live in this state
United States < live in this country

I honestly think 250 would be ok seeing how I was able to use a 512 video card on my old PC without having to upgrade the power supply.. as a matter of fact, I think I still have my old one so may not need to buy new.

Ian

I have that same laptop!
it just died a month ago

Dr_dog

Most more powerful cards than el cheapo which >20$ dont require a addittional power but most does require with 6 pin or 8 pin connector to their ass.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS