the timer

Started by Mefi, November 26, 2011, 13:58

Mefi

My suggest is about the timer of time to attach the trailer while you are on mission. Sometimes when i got crashed, my truck is poor(15 sec), i need to use flip(10sec), my trailer exploded so i need to drive away and back so the trailer will back with 100 % hp, and i can drive with my mission...but to do it, i need more seconds, and other players need to, sometimes i just need a 5 seconds  to attach and go... one minute is to short time, set it to 2 minutes or just 1.30 then its will be perfect..

Ok now the haters will come, dont tell me, learn to drive, cuz you, you and you sometime got crashed by idiot, and you lose your mission...

mrtrlt

Yeah. So what if we lose our mission too. We give up and start again. The whole point of the timer is to make it so that after 1 minute you lose the mission. That would defeat the whole damn point of it. This would never be added.

Mefi

Quote from: Matt on November 26, 2011, 14:16
Yeah. So what if we lose our mission too. We give up and start again. The whole point of the timer is to make it so that after 1 minute you lose the mission. That would defeat the whole damn point of it. This would never be added.

What you want to add, its just a fucking +30 seconds, so, i dont know why ppl are so stupid...

mrtrlt

Quote from: Mefi on November 26, 2011, 14:33
Quote from: Matt on November 26, 2011, 14:16

What you want to add, its just a fucking +30 seconds, so, i dont know why ppl are so stupid...

Thats pointless then. +30 seconds wont be even near enough time to go and fetch a new trailer or same one. (once it has respawned it loses the cargo in it) so therefore this is hopelessly pointless and it makes no sense.

$nake

i totally think that this timer limit is pointless.. just remove it..
same with /pay timer should be extended back to 60 secs, /fix and /fuel instantly back..

Ethan

you know what the idea behind the timer is (in my mind), to make sure you drive right in the first place..  if your bad at driving and your trailer detatches by your own fault then you must have so much time to get it back, if you dont, you pay the penalty of lost goods.. I dont think the detach timer should be extended or any of the other be tampered with at all.

Konali

Explaination of why we have a detach timer :

[hide=Short story]Overloaded truckers+ not willing to stop for cops+ get out of the truck and pretend if they are doing /fix and cops cant weigh < was months ago[/hide]

[hide=Long story about why we have a detach timer]Months ago there was a feature wich  allowed all players in a truck to overload, in a convoy or solo. Some people didnt wanted to get weight checked by a cop and they pretended if they had to do /fixcar /fix what so ever. So after alot of complaining ( even from me XD ) mick added/removed a feature wich would stope those truckers from avoiding check controls and annoy cops. this was know as the ''timer''[/hide]

[hide=Pikachu rulezzzz][/hide]
:cmastree:

Quote from: TheSandman on November 26, 2012, 13:53
There you go, cop didnt have a car and one was spawned for him.
Admins are helpers, not monsters.
Quote from: Calvingreen17. on January 15, 2013, 20:53
And i just want to take this moment that i have to thank you SO much for giving me the chance to be a moderator. I really enjoyed it, and although I made bad decisions (like playing MW3 too much haha xD), I really really did enjoy helping players like never before. You were my role model, you were the best admin I had seen in years, and there will never be another one like you.

It will take another to replace me, but I dont think CT can recover if they lose you bro, I wish you the best.

(Pretty sure you hear stuff like this every day XD You're like Chuck norris)
Quote from: mick88 on February 12, 2013, 23:28
It's unfair that admins can teleport to buy house, and reset their own camping score, but we have to trust that they won't abuse it. We have to trust them anyway, because the server is in their hands. Without admins server is nothing.

$nake

Quote from: Konali on November 27, 2011, 00:00

[hide=Short story]Overloaded truckers+ not willing to stop for cops+ get out of the truck and pretend if they are doing /fix and cops cant weigh < was months ago[/hide]

[hide=Long story about why we have a detach timer]Months ago there was a feature wich  allowed all players in a truck to overload, in a convoy or solo. Some people didnt wanted to get weight checked by a cop and they pretended if they had to do /fixcar /fix what so ever. So after alot of complaining ( even from me XD ) mick added/removed a feature wich would stope those truckers from avoiding check controls and annoy cops. this was know as the ''timer''[/hide]

some of my opinion:
1. timer should be removed to allow truckers for unlimited attaching,
ethan, if noob will ram u, u will warn him for ramming and we cant do that,
so the only thing is to run after trailer or sth like that, so no limit for that..
2. instant /fix and instant /fuel will fix all problems.. like it was some time ago..
3. if truckers will avoid weighting thx to it, big plus from me, coz (idc about cops..):
- overloading/weighting is pointless, big convoys with more bonus for every member will be better
- cops should only arrest and/or fine, i think that cop job is mega pointless and mega uneconomic..

Dan_Nobleman

Quote from: Konali on November 27, 2011, 00:00

I believe that they can now weigh you anyways, regardless if you're in the truck or not
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

badboi787

-1 The timer adds a challenge, and most people like challenges, and the timer is there so you can be more careful about driving.

Google+||Steam||Facebook||Youtube
Goodbye DeHavilland, you will be greatly missed by me and all of the CT community.
I am from North London. (England)
Quote from: Zeljko ConvoyMi no saying money and nickname and ip NO my ist may Frend say money NO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY unban me pls ist no nickname and IP may Frend ist nickname and IP

Nagy_Sanyi

Sometimes we need to fail our missions,cant be everything so easy plus we need it for the "pro mission failer" achievment lol 

Ethan

Quote from: Nagy_Sanyi on November 27, 2011, 14:11
Sometimes we need to fail our missions,cant be everything so easy plus we need it for the "pro mission failer" achievment lol

agree with nagy... sometimes you need to fail to only get better and learn how not to fail again