our ping

Started by spider_man100, November 04, 2011, 00:54

spider_man100

ok guys i have a suggestion here about our ping...

we all know that the maxium ping in server is 650

many of us are kicking always

like me

so why not change the maxium 1000 ping

alot of us are complaining about 650 maxium of ping. we are always kicking

i hope u will like it ;D

R16RACA

already suggested.

topic should be locked.

Quoteuse search

http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,20.0.html
[hide=when smokey tried to eat me]
Quote[15:00:41] <Rahail> R16 smoky wants you!
[15:00:58] <R16RACA> ahhh!
[15:01:15] <Rahail> the fuck 530kph on FREway
[/hide]
[hide=Konali summing me up]
Quote from: KonaliR16 u where maybe a quiet guy, but you are one of the smartest persons i have seen here and i never saw u gettin in trouble. U are a role model for alot players that cant behave and i will really really miss you.
[/hide]
[hide=quotes from Mick]
Quote from: Mick88*Mick88 announced: Fuuuuuu!
Quote from: Mick88"fuck off" is merely a kind request
Quote from: mick88
New theme is so sexy I want to make love to it
[/hide]
[hide=why ELM is not allowed here]It is not allowed as it is a mod that can be seen by other truckers, who might not want to look at flashing lights all the time. This is why only non laggy mods that only you can see are allowed.[/hide]

Magri

ping with the 500 already there are incredible lag, increase even more the lag seems too crazy!

Dan_Nobleman

We should move the server to America to decrease ping. If you actually think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

How things are routed:
Server > C Class Machine > B Class Machine > A Class Machine
The server is located in France, and the closest A Class Machine is probably in UK, which means it takes longer to get to the A class machine - Which means higher ping for everybody.

Now America has a majority of the A Class machines, and if the server were to be hosted in America, it would take much less time to get routed - Which means lower ping for most people, might have a small change in ping other players polar opposite to america, but, oh well.

It just works that way.

Not to mention that America could provide better connections.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Spekter

Quote from: Danneh on November 04, 2011, 01:20
We should move the server to America to decrease ping. If you actually think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

How things are routed:
Server > C Class Machine > B Class Machine > A Class Machine
The server is located in France, and the closest A Class Machine is probably in UK, which means it takes longer to get to the A class machine - Which means higher ping for everybody.

Now America has a majority of the A Class machines, and if the server were to be hosted in America, it would take much less time to get routed - Which means lower ping for most people, might have a small change in ping other players polar opposite to america, but, oh well.

It just works that way.

Not to mention that America could provide better connections.

:seriously_guy:   :gtfo:

HeLiOn_PrImE

Guys, get a better internet connection!!! That is your problem!!!
no animated signatures allowed

badboi787

Quote from: helion_prime on November 04, 2011, 03:36
Guys, get a better internet connection!!! That is your problem!!!

Damn right son.

Google+||Steam||Facebook||Youtube
Goodbye DeHavilland, you will be greatly missed by me and all of the CT community.
I am from North London. (England)
Quote from: Zeljko ConvoyMi no saying money and nickname and ip NO my ist may Frend say money NO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY unban me pls ist no nickname and IP may Frend ist nickname and IP

$nake

for me (with 50-70 ping), it should be set to 100 max while americans/aussies are sleeping or are at schools :P

Anri

Quote from: $nake on November 04, 2011, 06:06
for me (with 50-70 ping), it should be set to 100 max while americans/aussies are sleeping or are at schools :P

u are genious !
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

badboi787

What if the Aussies/Americans finished school (As in, not going to school anymore and start getting a job), is awake and wants to play on CVT?

Google+||Steam||Facebook||Youtube
Goodbye DeHavilland, you will be greatly missed by me and all of the CT community.
I am from North London. (England)
Quote from: Zeljko ConvoyMi no saying money and nickname and ip NO my ist may Frend say money NO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY unban me pls ist no nickname and IP may Frend ist nickname and IP

Strato

stop talking BS.. its not an european serv but a global one and everyone is welcome.

about the idea i say -1, because 1000 ping is huge.. and huge ping = huge lags = a lot of ramming .

Ephraim_Renais

Higher allowed ping average means more issues for the rest of the server, lag and ramming being the main ones.

Follow some of the tips given in the help forum to decrease your lag and ping.

Gabriel Klock

No, buy you a better internet! :D

HeLiOn_PrImE

Usually my ping is around 30, but I can reach 15 in good days. (romanian internet)
no animated signatures allowed

Gabriel Klock

Well my internet is not good  (about 100k) but my ping normally is 250~260~280.
:D