News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

My work paid off...

Started by Rubber, October 30, 2011, 02:00

Rubber

If you remember a few months ago, I put up some computer drafting screenshots of a MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mecanical Systems) design I did over the summer. It is basically a really little computer chip that does special things using electrical inputs. In our case, we are using our chip as a biological sample testing sensor. Hopefully we will find a cure for cancer (that is actually one of the hopes of the project). Anyway, these machines are extremely small. The physical chips came in the other day and we looked at them under a microscope. The first picture below is a screenshot of the whole chip CAD (computer aided drafting) design. The second picture is a zoomed-in view of one of my devices on the chip (there are about 1000 total devices on the 1cm X 1cm chip!!!). The last picture is a microscope image of the same device. For size comparison, the overall size of this device is about half the width of a human hair, so it's pretty small lol.

mrtrlt

JZX73

1st non-admin/mod to get %100 62/62 on the CVT quiz
1999 Mazda Familia Sport20
1984 Mazda RX7

$nake

Anri

Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri