Skype Forum Tags

Started by mrtrlt, October 25, 2011, 11:49

mrtrlt

Ya know how there's a youtube account name and xfire ect.

It would be nice to allow people to show their Skype name if they wish.
Obviously it doesn't have to be compulsory it would just add something that would allow people to chat more easily.

Hope this isn't too much trouble :)

Deff

mrtrlt

Quote from: Deff on October 25, 2011, 12:09
+1
i also use skype

Yeah, I don't see any reason why this shouldn't be added. If you want privacy - just don't put it there. And you can also block stalkers on skype :))

Joshy

Signature is good for that purpose.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mrtrlt

Quote from: Joshy on October 25, 2011, 18:51

But then we could put our xfire and youtube there as well. But we also have tags...  ::)

Deff

Quote from: Matt on October 26, 2011, 08:28
Quote from: Joshy on October 25, 2011, 18:51

But then we could put our xfire and youtube there as well. But we also have tags...  ::)

true

Joshy

So are you suggesting a [Skype] BBCode? If so I could try and do that.

Like this: (you need skype installed to use this)
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

mrtrlt

Im talking about having like this

as well as the xfire tags and youtube we can put our skype details as well..

but a bbcode would be awsome as well :P

Joshy

I don't really want to put a Skype field there as newbies will enter it and possibly be flooded with calls, and for privacy reasons too (even though it's not mandatory, people will still enter it). I will add a [skype] BBcode however, if and when I finish modding the BBCode mod, which will allow a lot of existing custom BBCodes to be easier to use, and at the same time more customizable. But before I can make it on the new mod, I have to transfer all other BBCodes too...

At this moment, I have basic parameters working (so tags such as [skype onclick=call]Joshy[/skype] and [player goto=stats/clubs]Joshy[/player] will be possible), but PHP validation isn't working, but I might skip that. I'm quite happy with the extra parameters itself.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

mrtrlt

Quote from: Joshy on October 27, 2011, 03:32
I don't really want to put a Skype field there as newbies will enter it and possibly be flooded with calls, and for privacy reasons too (even though it's not mandatory, people will still enter it). I will add a [skype] BBcode however, if and when I finish modding the BBCode mod, which will allow a lot of existing custom BBCodes to be easier to use, and at the same time more customizable. But before I can make it on the new mod, I have to transfer all other BBCodes too...

At this moment, I have basic parameters working (so tags such as [skype onclick=call]Joshy[/skype] and [player goto=stats/clubs]Joshy[/player] will be possible), but PHP validation isn't working, but I might skip that. I'm quite happy with the extra parameters itself.

Thanks Joshy, you really sound like ya know what you're doing so I'll leave you to it. thanks a lot :P

Cookie :D