News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Lag.

Started by HappyTaco, October 17, 2011, 13:29

HappyTaco

I've been lagging on the server a lot over the past two days. My ping has constantly been spiking up to 500 and then passing 600 resulting in a ping kick. I'm really curious to know why? I'm 100% certain It's not my internet, I still have all my usage, my connection on speedtest.net is still the same and I can still upload content to my web host with an FTP Client at the same fast speed.

Is something going on with the server host? Maybe connection issues or? If not, I think the server needs a restart  :-\
vBulletin API Developer.

Ezio_Banaz

new host.
here is the general constructive review: it sucks.

TheSandman

Quote from: Ezio_Banaz on October 17, 2011, 14:30
new host.
here is the general constructive review: it sucks.

Same thing has been happening with me, but the host was giving me 20 less ping thent he last one.
But, lately, (2 weeks ago maybe), my pings been 410+, when i usually get 320+.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

mrtrlt

My ping was okay with the new server. Then I was having problems with internet strength. I then phoned my internet provider and they told me to switch my internet/modem channel from 11 to 9. That didn't work. In fact, it made my ping worse it was tbe same but it kept spiking to like 1500. I then changed the channel to 13 and then my ping became stable again. Try contacting your internet provider asking how to change the channel. In your modems settings it should be under something like... Wireless Settings. Good luck and I hope this fixes to prob :)

Note: remember, try different channels and see how it performs. You wanna try and find the best channel to optimise your strength.

HappyTaco

Quote from: LeSandman on October 27, 2011, 13:41
Same thing has been happening with me, but the host was giving me 20 less ping thent he last one.
But, lately, (2 weeks ago maybe), my pings been 410+, when i usually get 320+.

Yeah same  >:( It's really annoying because one day my ping/lag will decide to leave me in peace, then the next, it comes back and attacks me.  ::)
vBulletin API Developer.

Anri

Thanks god im EUROPEAN
Quote from: Ethan on February 02, 2012, 21:38
EDIT:

Hope to never see your name on this server again after what you did this afternoon anri

piemaster

Quote from: Matt on October 27, 2011, 14:21
My ping was okay with the new server. Then I was having problems with internet strength. I then phoned my internet provider and they told me to switch my internet/modem channel from 11 to 9. That didn't work. In fact, it made my ping worse it was tbe same but it kept spiking to like 1500. I then changed the channel to 13 and then my ping became stable again. Try contacting your internet provider asking how to change the channel. In your modems settings it should be under something like... Wireless Settings. Good luck and I hope this fixes to prob :)

Note: remember, try different channels and see how it performs. You wanna try and find the best channel to optimise your strength.
If you don't use wireless internet, this wont help at all.
Quote from: Vado19 on January 25, 2011, 01:23
we all have brains
You sure about that, Vado?

mrtrlt

Quote from: piemaster on October 27, 2011, 14:37

Most people these days have wireless but if they don't they can upgrade / change the cable they use.

HappyTaco

Quote from: piemaster on October 27, 2011, 14:37

I use wireless and ethernet and it doesn't really make a different. If there was a difference, I would notice. It's not my end, It's the servers unfortunately.  :(
vBulletin API Developer.

Strato

Quote from: Albanian_Style on October 27, 2011, 14:34
Thanks god im EUROPEAN

im european too, but past 2 days i had the same prob.. net was fine but the ping was going up to 700 some times. maybe it's my net fault ^^

$nake

Quote from: SweetEmotion on October 27, 2011, 19:11
Thanks god im EUROPEAN
im european too, but past 2 days i had the same prob.. net was fine but the ping was going up to 700 some times. maybe it's my net fault ^^
neo :D

mrtrlt

Quote from: SweetEmotion on October 27, 2011, 19:11
Thanks god im EUROPEAN

Try my suggestion then with the channels it worked wonders for my ping  :)