News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

SAMP/Convoy on Steam Deck?

Started by Rockey, November 06, 2023, 12:46

Rockey

Has anyone successfully installed/played SAMP on a Steamdeck?

Looking to buy one specially for this purpose but can't find any topics on it and weather it is possible.

Thank you  :D

Emily

TL;DR Yeah, anything is possible my friend

I used to run SAMP on Linux. It wasn't always the best experience, meaning it included a lot of bugs, crashes, and even headaches. One normal thing you could do on windows typically broke the whole installation, like modding (depending how heavy the mods are) for example. The Deck does however run windows if you install it. Windows is completely free on the Deck (no license required) as the small screen fits under the "Windows To Go" licensing req's. You can put windows on either the internal storage, but I like SteamOS as it has better optimizations. You can install it on an SD card that has appropriate Read/Write speeds as outlined in this guide here. There are plenty of other guides for installing windows a google search away. Steam decks are also a pretty decent deal considering the power they packed into a small form factor. They play a lot of the new titles out of the box, and these titles can be made to run 100% smooth with a few tweaks, a lot of which other users share on ProtonDB.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Rockey

Quote from: Emily on December 01, 2023, 04:53TL;DR Yeah, anything is possible my friend

I used to run SAMP on Linux. It wasn't always the best experience, meaning it included a lot of bugs, crashes, and even headaches. One normal thing you could do on windows typically broke the whole installation, like modding (depending how heavy the mods are) for example. The Deck does however run windows if you install it. Windows is completely free on the Deck (no license required) as the small screen fits under the "Windows To Go" licensing req's. You can put windows on either the internal storage, but I like SteamOS as it has better optimizations. You can install it on an SD card that has appropriate Read/Write speeds as outlined in this guide here. There are plenty of other guides for installing windows a google search away. Steam decks are also a pretty decent deal considering the power they packed into a small form factor. They play a lot of the new titles out of the box, and these titles can be made to run 100% smooth with a few tweaks, a lot of which other users share on ProtonDB.

Ended up getting the new OLED version which turned up today! i'll have to try it out  :D Thank you!