WTF did you guys do???

Started by Screwy, July 06, 2023, 02:25

Screwy

OK. so, someone spill the beans. What happened here? Half the better staff are gone, no one plays here no more. What happened? I am an old prick, and I demand accountability. Friends and foes alike, (including spaz), please comment.

Eurobeat

tl;dr - work, i'm tired

i live with my family, we barely get by. i had to maximise my time spent getting paid to make sure they can live comfortably. so far it's looking like it'll work out. i'm drained when i get home, i barely have enough time to eat, shit, shave and shower. definitely don't get enough sleep anymore. so i'm exhausted, and i can't be bothered squeezing in time anymore. that's mainly why i jumped ship

other than that, ct has been on a downhill for a while now. the forum breaking has made it even less welcoming for new players as well as old players who want to come back. i'm not sure what happened shortly after i left, because i've been completely inactive since then. whenever i open samp i see the same one or two names online as always, haven't seen more than two online again.

Loup

IDK what happened for others but for me the condition just became worse. I had like 6-8 hours daily free time that I was spending on learning scripting for CT. I continued it for 8 months and asked tons of times to admins if they can set me up with the scripters team so that I can at least provide some minor updates like adding/removing roadworks map etc. but sadly no one ever replied, not a YES not a NO it was clear silence ignorance, although some did reply but they didn't had authority to do something (still appreciated their reply). But, since the month of march my life F'ed up so badly that I am still unstable. Had to leave house, abandoned my pc, living in cousin's house for 2 months later getting a house to stay but still now I am 5-6 days outside and just one day staying at home in a week. That's the cause of my inactivity and I'm sure it's not gonna resolve till winters.

Anyways, from my point of view we have lack of staff. Let's say the server is crashed, only Tyler is around to restart. Whose mapping? maybe only James (we need someone else too) mapping takes long and is time consuming. But even the map is ready whose gonna add it in the server? Sjomp was the only I remember doing these stuff but he's far away for couple of months, the last update was December 2021, not even roadworks are removed (we need someone). Although Carljohnson did removed the xmas script and map. Whose there to look after forums? Maybe CarlJohnson and me (not sure if I still remember that stuff) so it's not a bad idea to have someone else too. Whose looking after the website? I guess no one. Interactive map is broken for years, new houses pictures can't be changed its broken as well (we need someone).

Sad to say but it's the truth. Our team has broken down by time, we rarely see updates or anything new. Everything is broken we need new care takers that can lift up the server once again. If there's someone in 2023 who is interested in putting efforts in SAMP, they should get a chance.

I think the system itself needs to be changed. The one and only person with all access and permissions is mick (he's owner so ofc he should be on top) but mick is very far away from the community. Admins have to contact mick and wait for months for a reply (Idk if they even get any reply or not). Let's just say there's someone who can fix the broken links and sections of website, but it depends if mick gives access otherwise it's no use. There are tons of suggestions that could be game changing but as I said staff isn't available to do anything. Although it's a trucking server we can have some small events for more fun as well. There are many trust worthy admins/ex-admin that are very old to the community and can be trusted, they can have the charge and all access to allow someone else to help server remain alive.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Hobo

Everyone is busy with other things. The server had a bunch of people on it in 2020 when everyone was stuck home. Now they have other things they need to do.  :like:  :dislike: :hobo:

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

cAce

I think the server need something new like business..
maybe few events or new system thats makes you log in everyday
all the good houses are occupied, the "clubs" system is boring, they should make option to take % members runs..
the server need something new...

Rayman

Well.. the game is so old, most ppl just moved on. Sometimes when i visiting grandma and have free time, i play for 1 or 2 hour. Irl stuff aswell and im not really interested doing mod stuff. I dont want that kind of power
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Shock

we are not 13 14 15 years old anymore, people grew out of CT and moved to other games or other stuff in life. I miss the old time as much as anyone but we had a good run 
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!