Remove the rule against farming arrests

Started by Eurobeat, March 04, 2022, 18:32

Eurobeat

These days, there are rarely any thieves online and not many people run away with fines. If someone wants to complete their 500 arrests, they have to rely on other thief players not rage quitting when they start arresting them, or secretly farming just to get a few missions done in a day(we forgive you)

My opinion on what should happen: Cops are still not allowed to idle. They must still chase thieves, collect fines, not sit as passenger, all the normal things. But they will be allowed to follow a thief on a mission, let him complete the mission or let him drive directly to the cop and immediately arrest.

DO NOT: Let cops farm arrests from players who intentionally get fines to get arrested, because this can be abused to make lots of money without working (this is already not allowed, so don't do it even if this suggestion is ignored). To clarify, you are allowed to rack up insane fines and have fun with cops, but don't abuse it and get so many fines that you max out your bank account and don't repeatedly do this purely for arrest. Players are allowed to do this if they have the intention of running away from the cops purely for the police chase, but if they rack up 500k fines on a noob account and then drive to their cop friend to immediately get arrested, they are breaking the general farming rule.

Additionally: remove the penalty from thieves who get arrested, so that it is the same as farming securicar robberies, where the player who gets robbed doesn't lose any money.

Please feel free to suggest any changes or voice opinions on this.

P.S Just because an admin suggested it doesn't mean it will happen, I'm suggesting this as a normal player and it is my own opinion :D

Sjomp

Or there can be a /w command for cops?

Like when there are 0 thiefs online it's possible to do /w.
Then you need to arrests player x from his house in x location and maybe deliver him to the nearest police station?

Rayman

Well.. It took me two years to do cop arrets because nobody wanted to be a thief because of my skills. Sometimes I was a thief on purpose so that others would try to catch me for fun.

Shortly speaking. Yes, anything to make the achievement easier without farming intentionally.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Loup

Sounds good, but hope it wont become another ambulance mission. At least make it like trash mission you raid on 3/4 houses and find the wanted person in last house to take him to jail.

It can be an issue if there are like 5 cops doing /work and suddenly one goes thief for his ach, he can interrupt all 5 cops. The cops are gonna gang up and make thief rage quit or thief is gonna get himself arrssted for 10/15 mins to idle in jail and make cops rage quit (both interrupting each other).

Maybe add 2 score for one time arrest to make the ach complete in just half, 250 arrests can give us 500 arrest count, still hard to do but at least 50% easy (only if there are any thiefs). Eurobeat has point, now adays rarely anyone goes thief and keep doing mission even after getting jaild. Maybe the arrest with 2 score along with /w (not depending on thief count) so there is still some attraction (with the 2 score thingy) on the chase and jail system. Otherwise its gonna be a delivery just like every other misison.

Or, xD idk just saying make a cmd where it only works for those who has not unlocked both of the thief ach (car & house rob) so that it does not work on those who already unlocked 2 of thief ach. /cmd <id> so that when ever that guy gets jailed by you and he types /bailout your bank account pay for his bailout fee. cmd should be only for cops.
Its a win:win situation. Thief gets his score and hes near to ach completion without losing the money with bailout. Cop gets his score and goes near to his ach completion (with using some of his money) I guess you hit a point where money doesnt matter only ach matters so its worth paying bailout for the thief. Sounds weird, just saying what I got in my mind.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

j7n

I don't like it. Farming is boring without challenge. It is not a game but a time killer. You can't really be proud of achieving a 500 in this manner. It is also not fair that we completed police  according to strict rules, but a new player will now do it the easy way.

Likewise, the house system was not changed because it was deemed to be unfair to make it easier that it was for old players. Almost no other mission gets changed once instated. No speed cameras get changed, and so on, to favor old players.

Without thieves, you can arrest people every once in a while when they don't pay their fines because they want to run, have chosen not to carry money or are asleep. Sure, you can't get it whenever you want, and can't have a friend surrender on purpose, but the unpredictability of it is a game element. And by the time other categories are complete, arrests will have accumulated too.

Cop to pay a thief to get out of jail? Sounds like Putin's Russia.

I think the burglary missions could get rebalanced to give the cop a chance for arrest, and not allow the thief guaranteed completion. They are broken also because of little player count and all distant houses of Caprise and Stanek in San Francisco now being empty.

MrDeagle

Quote from: Loup on March 10, 2022, 11:26
Sounds good, but hope it wont become another ambulance mission. At least make it like trash mission you raid on 3/4 houses and find the wanted person in last house to take him to jail.

Or you could have it where you go to {players house} and then it could say "they aren't home, but a nieghbour said they were at {location}". Make it a random chance of happening so then it's not as quick to level up, but can be done without any robbers. Although maybe adjust the rule to state that players would take prioity over the /work.

Deff

1. I think cops should have fixed salary + extra bonus on number of arrests or players fined for the day, because they are government employees not truck drivers.
2. Number of players fined or catching overloaded trucks or collected amount of fines in $$$ should be cop achievement too, rewards can be slightly different than the existing arrest achievement, this way there will be multiple ways to do work as a cop than just relying on arrests especially when no suspects are there and it will be fair for other players who did their arrest achievements because arrest achievement will stay as it is, and hopefully more players will like to be a cop as they will get money even if no 0 fines are there to collect.

3. Also pretty sure even thieves don't like to steal if no cop is trying to catch them, and cops spawning at random places, that ruins the gameplay for them and even cops, not sure about others, but personally I like a bit of a chase without respawns, the thing I don't like is relogging to avoid arrest or spawning at random places, that ruins the fun for both cops and thieves too, both shouldn't be allowed to respawn, we can put some timer on reclass and respawn for cops and theives.

Let me know what you guys think.

Spekter

Quote from: Rayman on March 06, 2022, 17:05
Well.. It took me two years to do cop arrets because nobody wanted to be a thief because of my skills. Sometimes I was a thief on purpose so that others would try to catch me for fun.
weird flex but ok  :winkcmas:

Anyways, I think this is a good idea. Mostly because many of the rules were made for a busy, densely populated server that CT just isn't anymore, and many of them just didn't age well. Including this one. Same goes for many of the features, but that's an entirely different topic.
What I'm trying to say is that if someone wants to get the achievement with the help of a friend, they should be able to. Perhaps it shouldn't be as trivial as armored van robbery farming, but not as strict as it is currently either.

Deff's ideas aren't bad either.

Emily

Quote from: Sjomp on March 06, 2022, 12:22

Then you need to arrests player x from his house in x location and maybe deliver him to the nearest police station?

I like this idea... Everything else has its own /w and this day in age it makes sense to migrate cop missions to that as well... One other thing in addition to this, however. Adjust the minimum police online for thief. One adjustment to where if there are no other thiefs active and no cops, you can become a thief without someone having to be a cop. However the police requirement stays if there's already a thief active and no police.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Rockey

Quote from: Emily on April 12, 2022, 03:53
Quote from: Sjomp on March 06, 2022, 12:22

I like this idea... Everything else has its own /w and this day in age it makes sense to migrate cop missions to that as well... One other thing in addition to this, however. Adjust the minimum police online for thief. One adjustment to where if there are no other thiefs active and no cops, you can become a thief without someone having to be a cop. However the police requirement stays if there's already a thief active and no police.

+1 to this  :like:

MrDeagle

Here's one way I could see a /work command for the police class working.

So someone logs on and chooses the police class, they get into a police vehicle and do /work. Then maybe in chat this would pop up.

It would work similar to the limo missions as such, go to a players house for what ever offence it is, similar to the medical reasons on the ambulance missions.

The cop arrives at the players address. Theres a chance the player is at home and would then be needed to be taken to a police station or a chance the player is not there. Then it could be 50/50 if it ends there or something like "a neighbour heard they were going to [insert place]". Then the cop heads to that address.

When the cop arrives at the location, it could be a 50/50 chance of the script saying like "oh no, you missed them. Better luck next time" or catching them and then taking them to the nearest station.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview