Started by CarlJohnson, December 21, 2021, 07:13

Would you like to see these changes?

Only change 1
Only change 2
Both
None

CarlJohnson

Just wanted to hear everyone's thought on this,

1. Rash driving (taking damage / crashing your vehicle) leads to failure of mission. Similar to how it works with Stretch mission, you need to be fast but careful while taking patient back to the hospital, similar to real life.

2. Updating the /cancel dialog, currently when you /cancel while on a Paramedic mission, it says:
[12:36:00] You have been charged $2,500 for failed mission

If it can be updated to something like, "You have been charged $xyz for failure to take the patient to the hospital, the patient died for xyz reason where xyz can be something like Brain Aneurism, Stroke, etc.

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

j7n

Yes, the car should not be damaged. Otherwise there is no challenge at all to these missions. Better add it sooner before most people have completed paramedic the easy way.

John.

I dont think 1st one was a good idea cuz most of the people ignored stretch for limo missions because it leads to failure of mission when we r crashed.Everyone completed achievement with Premier and elegant.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Loup

Yeah I don't use limo for the same reason its kinda annoying when you hit something and lose mission. But I agree there must be some change as of now we just drive and drive and nothing else (it kinda made me a reckless driver lol)

I think the word dead/died might hurt someone when they cancel a mission in which they take themselves. Maybe if we extend the message to like: you have been charged... For not taking your patients to the hospital.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

j7n

There should be an exception in the iteration of houses for driving yourself just like during a thief mission when you can't rob your own house. Driving yourself to a mental clinic is a joke that has run its course.

Keeping the ambulance undamaged is easier than the stretch. I don't have hydraulics, but I can go over sharp hills at moderate speed.

I also noticed that the pickup radius has been reduced. It seems that we can pick up a fraction of players that live near the hospital. To drive myself with stretch, I need to go to M.Ind.E gas station, but with ambulance I only need to go to the s-bend. Also players with 1 slot are immune to disease, when in reality pensioners and the like often call an ambulance to receive free attention.

Sjomp

Who has tried driving on mobile without crashing?
Who is going to handle the ramming reports?
Who is going to read all the chats of people crashing because of server lag while using cc?
Who is going to drive behind James_Jason while he has a high ping and lags?
Who is going to fix maps when people complain about a bumpy road?
Who is going to moderate the insults I get in my inbox when I "accidentally" crash into Tyler?

Who thinks just allowing players to crash sometimes solves all of above problems?  :winkcmas:
All kind of questions we've talked about with dev members while we were creating the missions.

Jenis

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 21, 2021, 07:13
Just wanted to hear everyone's thought on this,
1. Rash driving (taking damage / crashing your vehicle) leads to failure of mission. Similar to how it works with Stretch mission, you need to be fast but careful while taking patient back to the hospital, similar to real life.

That would stop the players from driving like Ayrton Senna. Paramedic drivers are looking for limits, I've seen GoldenPhoenix going almost 200kph drifting the hell out of his Paramedic truck, literally power sliding the front while driving his patient.. never seen Paramedic driver so dedicated to patient..
Those were the inches that separated him from hitting the barrier, he slid the front end without losing speed and swam the truck with cruise control on, launching him onto the bridge overtaking the convoy and just a liiiiiiiitle bit oversteer made him hit me but all forgiven for the sake of speed and Formula 1.
I mean Paramedic class.

" If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver " Ayrton Senna

Rayman

Wouldnt be better to take idea from TM? You are going somewhere on time, if you hit something, you have less time. And when the time is up and you have not reached your destination, you go to the cemetery to complete the mission. I think it would be less frustrating but on the other hand people would start hitting on purpose to complete the missions faster. I do not know. What do you think about this?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

j7n

A problem with timing the mission is that there is not a practical method to estimage how long each combination of house and hospital should take. You need to either manually measure a smaller number of routes or need a GPS map with small road segments each assigned a speed/time.

And posting in this forum is a waste of time. Only changes that the developer needs for himself will be added, like the speed hold for collecting presents.

mr.hilly

by my opinion paramedic missions supposed to be deleted because its another limo missions.
matter of fact in real life you take patient to closest hospital if the hospital is full and isnt able to recieve patient then it gets redirected to diffrent closest hospital(and it imidiatelly turns in van missions) it doesnt happen like private joyride in ambulance.

Nikola09

Maybe it wouldn't be bad to somehow organize the missions. There are quite a few long missions that most use /stopwork for. It's ok for long missions to remain, but for that percentage to be less frequent (out of 5 missions, 2 should be long) or something like that. Or to add some bonus money at the end of the mission for quickly bringing the patient to the hospital  :D

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is the server name?:
What is 7 + 4?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview