News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

my pc ded, help pls

Started by Eurobeat, December 13, 2021, 21:26

Eurobeat

Idk wtf is going on, everything worked fine except the hard drive. When the hdd died i turned off the pc and waited for the replacement to arrive. When it arrived, the only thing i did was unplug the old hdd and plug in the new ssd. Suddenly the pc wouldnt turn on anymore(the first time trying to start it since i turned it off when the old hdd died several days ago). I press the power button and the leds and fans turn on, but the display and usb ports wont turn on(graphics card's led and fan turns on and the usb ports charge my devices so they still have power but they don't turn on the mouse and keyboard like they normally do when i turn the pc on)
I've tried a few things but none of them changed anything - changed ram, unplug every drive, change cpu, reset bios, tested every individual pin on the psu plugs and all of them work
literally nothing else was wrong except the hdd being on its way out(at least nothing was detectable and something like this has never happened before)

Sjomp

You sure the screen is working?

Benny

Was the drive the one you have windows installed on? I would reinstall everything
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Hobo

Quote from: Sjomp on December 13, 2021, 22:01
Also try a different monitor if available

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Loup

I remember when I was selling my old pc (without hdd as it was in my own use) the shop keeper was using a ssd to boot the pc and it just didn't. I told him to use hdd as I never use ssd with my pc and when he used hdd and it boots up. Maybe thats same situation here? Try to start with a hdd (if you have).

Btw what is your pc model and number?

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Dr_Alio

Try to update your bios with usb if your motherboard supports that (like asus motherboards have bios flashback https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568/)

Myb even try different cable for you monitor

I had the same thing when i build my new pc it just didnt post for some reason the screen was black i updated the bios and then it posted 😃

And try to remove the gpu and turn it on and see what happens
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Eurobeat

Quote from: Sjomp on December 13, 2021, 22:01
yes, im using it right now(on a different laptop)

Quote from: Benny on December 13, 2021, 22:47
Was the drive the one you have windows installed on? I would reinstall everything
i can't, the drive is dead, that is why i replaced it

Quote from: Hobo on December 14, 2021, 02:39
Also try a different monitor if available
i tried a VGA monitor directly into the motherboard's display output instead of the graphics card but nothing changed. like its not that the display is just dead, the pc does not progress past the power supply turning on and turning the motherboard on

Quote from: Loup on December 14, 2021, 10:09
I remember when I was selling my old pc (without hdd as it was in my own use) the shop keeper was using a ssd to boot the pc and it just didn't. I told him to use hdd as I never use ssd with my pc and when he used hdd and it boots up. Maybe thats same situation here? Try to start with a hdd (if you have).

Btw what is your pc model and number?

it's an intel DQ35JOE motherboard, i know it's quite old, but it was working perfectly when i shut it down the last time. i also checked all the wiring(literally every single wire coming from all the buttons and the entire power supply wiring loom) and all of them work properly when triggered or when switched on. and as i said in the first post, i already tried starting it with the secondary hdd(which normally prompts you to insert windows installation media) as well as with no hard drives attached(this should start the computer and return a "boot device not found" error), neither of them made any difference

Loup

maybe you can record 30 seconds of your cpu front side from your phone and share? we try to understand with light codes maybe that can help more in finding the problem.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC