Something Simple for Mobile

Started by Emily, October 20, 2021, 09:01

Emily

I've been messing about with SAMP on mobile for funsies (mainly because I have nothing better to do) and I've thought of one very minor thing that would be neato since the map streaming is borked.

Make at least one of the missions in the mission select dialog route only within the mainland. I've noticed the auto detect for androids so maybe it could just do that for those people, or it could just be a global thing as I'm sure no one would be entirely against it since there's however many other jobs to choose from.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Sjomp

I've been thinking about this for some time now but i see a few disadvantages over pc users.
- artic/dumper/cement missions will only be short for mobile users
- fuel missions will also be shorter for mobile users

Those 2 can be solved by changing the amount of destinations and missions to choose from, I think?
But then there are other unfair points:
- cops won't be able to follow wanted players on islands
- pilot missions will be a lot shorter
- limo mission?
- coach missions?

I'm not sure if we should solve those problems or hope for a update of the mobile app that supports maps outside the mainmap.

Emily

I don't think mobile version will get updated as long as it works on most devices... Who knows though. However, I agree that there are disadvantages to using the mobile version that simply just cannot be accommodated by a server and, imo, a game that was meant to be played on PC. I was just looking at artic missions since they are probably the most common, considering this being a trucking server. While doing these missions, there are occasions where the mission has to be canceled to hopefully find a mission that is within the mobile limitations [mainland and sandus and alcatraz, for some reason] I was just thinking of having one of the mission selections for artic be within a select region [ie mainland and sandus] I think it could make convoy and solo artic missions a little better for mobile users without detracting from their or anyone else's experience.

As far as other things go, it's not entirely feasible to look for solutions without providing an advantage over others unless you change the missions entirely just for mobile players. I'm sure not many people actually use mobile so it wouldn't even be really worth going into.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview