unlink thief missions from cop players

Started by danielreis, June 14, 2020, 16:55

danielreis

Esteemed,

Sorry for my bad English.

We all know how this server tends to imitate reality, in several aspects.

Who is an older player, knows more about the history of this server, like when the initial slots were low, around 40 or 50, and then it went up to 100, being very busy to enter, even more because there was a reserve for the "vips" . However, due to several factors, the reality of the server today has changed. We no longer have this "dispute" to enter and play. When we have 30 users, that's a lot.

And it influences some rules that were defined in the beginning, when playing on the server was highly requested. One of these rules is thief missions.

First, because it does not imitate the reality mentioned earlier, as it is not the number of police that define the number of thieves on the streets. It is the other way around. If there are many thiefs, it is a sign that more police are needed.

Second, because the small absence of users as police officers, limits the number of players who can do the thief missions in the game. If at all, when a player enters as a cop, at most another player will be able to do thief missions. And the policeman will only succeed after that thief, having no others to chase. This also does not allow thief missions to be carried out. And many players end up asking others to join the police in order to be able to do thief missions, even if for seconds, which would not be the initial goal.

This also influences the role of police. The cop end up only fining the players but with little effectiveness they manage to make arrests (which increases the Achievement score).

My suggestion is to release the thief missions to be done at any time, even if it is for those who have "X" truckloads or score. With this, there may be the opposite, you can stimulate more players and become policemen, because there will be more players as a thief stimulating their arrest.

Quotary

James_Jason

shen

(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

Hobo

I wouldn't make it so you can always spawn as thief but maybe make it so fewer cops are needed per thief. Right now it's 1:1 right? Maybe make it 1 cop:2 thief or 1:3. There would still be plenty of thief spots but it would prevent the whole server from being thieves. No cops makes thief missions too easy.
Multiple thieves per cop gives the thieves somewhat of a challenge and gives cops more to do and may motivate more players to be cop to try to get the cop achievement.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

danielreis

Quote from: Hobo on June 15, 2020, 13:35
I wouldn't make it so you can always spawn as thief but maybe make it so fewer cops are needed per thief. Right now it's 1:1 right? Maybe make it 1 cop:2 thief or 1:3. There would still be plenty of thief spots but it would prevent the whole server from being thieves. No cops makes thief missions too easy.
Multiple thieves per cop gives the thieves somewhat of a challenge and gives cops more to do and may motivate more players to be cop to try to get the cop achievement.

the problem is exactly this: there are almost no police online, and the way it is does not encourage the role of police, as it limits going after 1 or 2 to get a score. And for thieves it prevents making the achievement because of that. And, as mentioned, this does not match reality.

And if more thieves are online, there is more incentive for other players to do police missions. Considering 20 or 30 players online, I don't think there will be 100% of the server as a thief. With so much thief, isn't there someone who will be interested in doing police missions?

Hobo

Quote from: danielreis on June 15, 2020, 17:16

the problem is exactly this: there are almost no police online, and the way it is does not encourage the role of police, as it limits going after 1 or 2 to get a score. And for thieves it prevents making the achievement because of that. And, as mentioned, this does not match reality.

And if more thieves are online, there is more incentive for other players to do police missions. Considering 20 or 30 players online, I don't think there will be 100% of the server as a thief. With so much thief, isn't there someone who will be interested in doing police missions?

Yes, that's why I suggested the ratio should change so more thieves can spawn. Multiple thieves per cop instead of the current 1:1 ratio.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Spekter

Agreed.  :like:

Loup

It is a good idea indeed. But, as the problem remains for those who don't get even 1 cop to rejoin as thief. I guess if those players (who don't got 500 houses rob and 500 vehs stolen and 500 armoured van stolen missions) they can join as thief without a cop, and once they have all 3 achievements of thief class then they have to wait for a cop to join just like it is right now 1:1. There are chances that people might do 499 veh stolen and keep doing house rob for like thousand of times whole day, I don't have an idea on this.

Or maybe a (not so real situation) where players can request for a cop in certain amount of money and who ever wants to accept that offer he can type a command and receives the money and gets reclassed (at the same time both commands works or something where he gets money and gets reclassed by using 1 cmd) while others can't type it, once it is typed by another person (to prevent a situation where whole server goes to cop class while only one person receives the money).

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

danielreis

Quote from: Loup on June 17, 2020, 11:57

It is a good idea indeed. But, as the problem remains for those who don't get even 1 cop to rejoin as thief. I guess if those players (who don't got 500 houses rob and 500 vehs stolen and 500 armoured van stolen missions) they can join as thief without a cop, and once they have all 3 achievements of thief class then they have to wait for a cop to join just like it is right now 1:1. There are chances that people might do 499 veh stolen and keep doing house rob for like thousand of times whole day, I don't have an idea on this.

Or maybe a (not so real situation) where players can request for a cop in certain amount of money and who ever wants to accept that offer he can type a command and receives the money and gets reclassed (at the same time both commands works or something where he gets money and gets reclassed by using 1 cmd) while others can't type it, once it is typed by another person (to prevent a situation where whole server goes to cop class while only one person receives the money).

receive money? buy cop? I don't think that's the point of the game.

As I said at the opening of the topic: if the game wants to be similar to reality, it makes no sense to limit the entry of thieves to the number of police officers. Especially because, what we have nowadays, is players entering for seconds as a police officer so that another can do thieves' missions "freely". So why limit it? I suggest releasing the thief missions without the need for policemen to encourage, including that more players play the role of police, as many after doing the 500 missions no longer enter. And this generates a "dead-lock" with the bandit missions.

Something similar happens with missions to steal money vans. Nowadays, as there is almost nobody doing it, just in friendship, as you see in the game.

Sunil

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
HOUSES ROBBED
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Rayman

Why not. At least the role of a policeman will be less boring. Most of the time they only give us fines to pay and then they reclass.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

$MAD_HATTER$

Xero

Great suggestion, like Hobo said though, change the ratio to 1:3 max.  :like:

j7n

Quote from: danielreis on June 18, 2020, 16:46including that more players play the role of police, as many after doing the 500 missions no longer enter.
One of the reasons why players do not enter as police is that experienced players not only expect never to be weighed, but also to steal freely (it is his fun of the game) and sometimes impose conditions on when they shall pay their fines (such as, never while they are driving), and ram the police car if they are not obeyed.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview