News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

problem with samp

Started by mr.hilly, February 26, 2020, 20:12

mr.hilly

first few hours played samp everything was fine, till there was somekind short flickering to desktop and back in game. so it did it 2 times later game froze and laptop did too so i did restart and again flickering. i though maybe laptop was overheating. sotoday i turned on laptop on cold tryed to launc game and it didnt get further then login and restarted computer after second hangup i had to do it manually.
guys do you have any solution for this disappointing problem?

mr.hilly

and does the same with single player

Cloud1973

To me it sounds like a video card issue, maybe drivers or something. Kind of hard to really say what the problem could be for sure with little information. First thing i would try would be to uninstall and reinstall the game. Preferably standard game at first then try adding SAMP if it works fine after reinstall. Is this an old laptop? Has it ran SA fine in the past? Had any updates lately? Is it an original copy of the game from a disc? Is it steam or Rockstar version? (The last 2 can have major issues with SAMP) Is it a torrent copy? Does it run any other games just fine? Without having the computer in front of you it is hard to guess what the problem would be for sure. Usually when i had games start flickering and crashing it was usually caused by my video card going bad. Also did you have any mods at all installed?

mr.hilly

i have alienware r17 which is 2012
this is torrent copy because had issue to get samp on steam version.
basicly i play without mods and on this laptop game is for first time installed.
of course i can update video card to see any changes and reinstall game.
other games which i run on laptop works fine except WOT it frozes after 2-4h gaming for wot i use desktop.

Cloud1973

Ok, yeah i would try updating drivers and a reinstall. Hopefully it may just be a glitch that is fixed by that. Good it isn't the steam version, it will run samp fine on some servers but has issues with ones that have added maps like CT does.

mr.hilly

updated drivers and flickering disapeard. but game is still hanging up with pc.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: mr.hilly on March 02, 2020, 17:13
Could be a broken game image, try downloading another one?
You can even downgrade the steam version to version 1.0
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

mr.hilly

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 03, 2020, 04:14
Quote from: mr.hilly on March 02, 2020, 17:13
Could be a broken game image, try downloading another one?
You can even downgrade the steam version to version 1.0

how to downgrade GTA:SA on steam to 1.0?