[Info]Everything about clubs!

Started by Loup, January 22, 2020, 13:42

Loup

Hello Guys!

I wanted to make a full guide/tutorial regarding to the club system. I searched a lot on forums and found 2 useful tutorials regarding to club, they are available in the end at FAQs section.

Note: Yes, I have read those 2 tutorials already, and the method to create a club is pretty much same in all, but I will provide much more information instead of just the method, so yeah, this is different than others and i'm not double or re-posting same thing again. :)

Note: This post will only contain information regarding to CLUBS ONLY. Anything related to base is not discussed here.

I personally never created a club and know nothing about clubs (as I don't really have interest in clubs), so I know very few about clubs. I see many players who are excited and want to create their own club, but obviously, as a normal thing to do is to get information about clubs before you create it.

Sometimes, players ask some difficult question, that even no one knows the answer (no words typed in chat) and this kinda kills their excitement against clubs, as they don't get any information so slowly slowly they leave that topic (some players, not all).

I personally wanted to gain as much information about clubs as I can so that I can share with everyone, and they also know about the club system. The only option was to create a club and test everything out by myself and then answer all questions (that's what I did).

Side Note: Please refer to Credit Section to know more about contributions.

Lets start without talking too much!

List of Things that will be covered

Requirement & Method to create club
Club Information (All about club options and features)
Advantages
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Commands
Credits

Requirement & Method to create club

Requirements

Truck Loads: Once you completed 100 truckloads, you can create own company (club).
Cash: $100,000

Method
Step 1
Search before creating: Type /clubs and search the name of (your club) to see if there is already a club with your name or not.
/clubs

Search

Enter Club Name

Check if any club exists with your name or not.

Step 2
Create:
1. Go to icon (stands for shop/store) and select last option Create club ($100,000).

2. Enter your club name, and click Create, it will cost you $100,000 and your club will be created.

Club Information (All about club options and features)

Once you have successfully created a club, you now will see the following options of your club (as a Founder).

All options are listed below, click any option to find its usage.

1. View Members
  Allows you to shows all members in your club, and search for members.
  Members' ranks are shown by following colors:
      Red (Founder)
      Orange (Leader)
      Yellow (Staff)
      White (Normal Members)

also it shows the status of online members with Green (Online).

Double click on any member and you will see these options

1.A. Change Rank to Club staff
  Allows you to promote the member in to Club Staff.

1.B. Change rank to Club leader
  Allows you to promote the member in to Club Leader.

1.C. Remove member
  Allows you to remove that member.

1.D. Ban from club
  Allows you to ban that member (removes from your club and prevents him/her to join again by putting him/her in Blacklist).

1.E. Send message
  Sending that member, a message (from your own money).

1.F. Add to contacts
  Adding them to your /contacts list.

1.G. Check stats
  Allows you to check their /stats.

1.H. View funding stats
  Shows you donations and funds by using shared vehicle from last 30 days and overall as well.

2. View events
  Allow you to view events planned by the club.

3. Applications
  Allows you to check for applications to see if there is an application waiting for approval to join your club.

4. Blacklist
  Shows a list of players who are banned from your club and cannot join your club until you unban them.

5. Send message to members
  Allow you to send a message to all members from club funds.

6. Club Vehicles
  Shows you vehicles that are shared with your club and search for them.
  It also shows (non-shared) vehicles that are parked in your base with white color (if you have a base).
  To buy vehicle from club funds, you have to be club leader at least, then go to a dealer, select vehicle, and select buy for club, it will show you a list of clubs where you are leader/founder, then select any club you want to buy vehicle for and confirm your purchase. Vehicle will be bought from club funds, and after selling vehicle the money will again go back to club funds.

7. Notice Board
  Allows you to post any message/notice on club's notice board.

8. Message Board
  Allow club members to add any message to the message board of club.

9. Club log
  Shows you the club log where it shows all logs, who joined, who left, when club was created, who donated, who post something on noticeboard etc.

10. Club funds log
  Shows you the all funds logs, everything related to funds will be shown there, who donated, who used shared vehicle to complete mission and give money to club, how much money cost for renting a billboard or sending message to players for club, who bought a vehicle from club funds, etc.

11. Club Options (Founder Only)
   11.A. Description
  Allows you to add new description, it will overwrite first one. You can also use HTML color codes.

11.B. Club Advertisement
  Allows you to add up to 3 lines of text (you can also use color codes) and if you only need 1 or 2 lines, just press enter on other lines they will be skipped. Then choose the billboard where you want it to be advertised. Choose for how many IRL (In Real Life) days you want it to be there, and select ok after that you will see how your advertisement will look like and then confirm and pay for it from your club funds.

11.C. Transfer Club
  Allows you to transfer your club to one of the leader of your club [Cost $1,000,000] (From Club Funds) it will only be transferred to a Leader.

11.D. Rename Club
  Allows you to rename your club [Cost $1,000,000] (From Club Funds).

11.E. Donations
  Enable this option to receive donations from players.

11.F. Auto-renew
  Enable this option to auto renew your (Base rent) purchased by your club.

11.G. Auto-accept
  Enable this option to auto accept new members who have applied for your club.

11.H. Message Board
  Enable this option to have a message board for players to put a message.

11.I. Parking Policy
  Allows you to change policy of parking (in your base), to either all vehicles (every vehicle can be parked, even non club vehicles can be parked) or club vehicles only.

11.J. Minimum score
  Allows you to add any score requirement for players to join your club.

11.K. Delete Club
  Allows you to delete your club (you won’t get any refund from club or base).

12. Club details
  Shows you the details of your club, members, funds, description etc.

Advantages

For Owner:
  If you have good members in your club, they can work for your club and get you some funds from which you can buy vehicles without investing/donating in club (In a case where you put all your money to buy a base and have $0 money, so you can still buy vehicles).
  If you have good members in your club, they can work for your club and get you some funds from which you can pay rent of your base and don't have to donate/work too much to pay the rent.

For Members:
  Members get all vehicles at same place. Like sometimes you change your work very often so you have to /reclass & /kill then select appropriate spawn point where you can find mission vehicles to work with. By having a base and club vehicles shared there, players can simply spawn at base and take any vehicle they want and do anywork they want (without respawning to different locations) mostly useful for securicars, as there are no spawn points to get to securicar you have to drive a lot, but in clubs you get all vehicles at one palce.
  Members can enjoy using components which are not found in public vehicles like: Fast acceleration (NOS), Better suspension (Hydraulics) and better grip (wheels).
  Mostly club shared vehicles are insured by their owners, if they are then members can get free /fix for themselves, which is cost saving to them.
  Members can drive some fancy cars (modified cars) which are not found in public like: Modified Sultan, Elegy, Stratum, Flash and many more.
  Members can also drive some rare cars which are not available in public and are very costly to buy, like Infernus, Mover, Vortex, Swat Tank, or even more like a modified cop car (Noss, Wheels, Hydraulics) which can only be available if you get 500 Arests then you can modify your own cop car. so its all available in club for free to use.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

• Club & Naming.
  • Club Features.
  • Funds & Vehicles.
  • Transfer & Delete Club.
  • Sub-Forum for Club.
  • Commands.

Club & Naming

Q. How much cost it will take to create a club?
A. It will cost you $100,000 and your club will be created but, this money will be deposited to your club funds, and your club will have $100,000 in funds. It is like you create your club for free and put $100,000 in funds, so yeah you don’t lose anything but just put funds in your club.

Q. What if there was a club already with same name and I create another one?
A. Cannot create club with same name. Make sure the name is not in use.

Q. What if I put wrong name of club, can I edit it and rename the club name?
A. Yes, type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Rename Club [Cost $1,000,000] using club funds.

Club Features

Q. How to add events to club?
A. Login to website, http://www.convoytrucking.net/ by using your in-game name and password. Click your name (at top of website) and select Profile. On your right side, you will see an option of Clubs, click it to view your joined/created clubs. Select your club (in which you are a Founder or a Leader, because only these can create an event). At right side you will see Events, click it and provide requested information to create your event.

Q. If auto-accept is disabled, how I will know there is an application waiting for approval to join my club?
A. You have to manually check Application section to see that, and you won't get any notification about that.

Q. Can I change club description after I add one?
A. Yes, type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Club Description, add new description it will overwrite first one.

Q. Can I use HTML color codes in description?
A. Yes, you can. If you want to put whole description box with same color, you can put {CODE} Your Description then press enter, whole description box will have same color. But if you just want color in description and not on others, use this technique, {CODE} Your Description {FFFFFF} this will make all other text in white, like how many members are there, funds etc. Click Here to see an example

Q. Can I change policy to only park club vehicles and not other vehicles?
A. Yes, type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Parking policy > you can change it to all vehicles or club vehicles only.

Q. Can I set a score requirement for my club?
A. Yes, type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Minimum Score > Add any score requirement you like.

Q. Where can I advertise my club so that players can know about my club and join it?
A. Advertising club server in chat or private messages is not allowed. Advertising is allowed on billboard, welcome message, clubs section on forum and announcements - provided it is not flooded.

Q. How can I advertise my club on billboards (using club funds)?
A. Type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Advertisement > Add up to 3 lines of text (you can also use color codes) and if you only need 1 or 2 lines, just press enter on other lines and they will be skipped. Choose the billboard where you want it to be advertised. Choose for how many IRL days you want it to be there, and select ok after that you will see how your advertisement looks (before confirming) and then confirm and pay for it from your club funds.

Q. Can I use html color codes on announcement at billboards?
A. Yes, you can.

Q. Where to advertise my club on forums?
A. Click Here: https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?board=19.0

Q. Can I announce /apply (club name)?
A. Yes, you can.

Funds & Vehicles

Q. How to buy vehicles from club funds?
A. You need to be leader or founder of the club to buy a vehicle, staff can’t buy club vehicles. Just go to the dealer > Select vehicle > You will see the option to rent, buy and buy for club. Select the 3rd one buy for club. Club vehicles are bought and sold from club funds.

Q. How to buy vehicles for the club from own money?
A. Buy any vehicle for yourself (as you normally do), will cost your own money, then sit inside the vehicle or go near the vehicle and type /sharevehicle [Club Name] it will be shared to the club. You can use /unsharevehicle to un share the vehicle from club

Q. Do we need a house to buy vehicles for the club (using club funds)?
A. Yes, buying vehicle from club funds or your own money, it will cost your own slot, so yeah you need a house to buy vehicle.

Q. Can I un-share a vehicle bought from club funds?
A. No

Q. I bought a vehicle from club funds, will it take club funds to insure it?
A. No, you will pay the insurance, from your money.

Q. What vehicles don't provide funds to club after completing mission?
A. Tow truck, helicopters and planes don't give funds to club after completing a mission with them.

Q. Can I put the vehicle on sale? (bought from club funds)?
A. No, club vehicles can’t be available for sale.

Q. If I sell the vehicle (bought from club funds) will I get the money?
A. No, the vehicle was bought from club funds, so after selling vehicle the money will go back to club funds.

Q. If my vehicle is clamped by the club founder/leader/staff what can I do?
A. Restore it first by /rm [your vehicle] or /restoreall and sit in it, then type /pay (amount of fines depend on vehicle). If you don’t pay it you won’t be able to use your vehicle.

Q. If my vehicle is clamped by the club founder/leader/staff and it was brought from club funds, will club funds pay the clamp fine?
A. No, the vehicle belongs to you, so you will pay the fine from your money.

Q. What if club gets deleted what about vehicles (brought from club funds)?
A. If the vehicles are shared with the club then they will also get deleted and you won't get any money back.

Q. What if club gets deleted what about vehicles (brought from our own money)?
A. Vehicles that were bought from your own money, they will be unshared to that club.

Q. Can I get money from club funds?
A. No, any money donated in club stays in club funds (either by donating or using club vehicles). No one can withdraw that money for personal use.

Q. Can I donate and take my money back later?
A. No, donations are not refundable.

Q. Can I get refund from my club after I delete it?
A. No, club deleted, everything deleted.

Transfer & Delete Club

Q. Can I transfer my club to someone else?
A. Yes, type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Transfer Club [Cost $1,000,000] (From Club Funds) it will only be transferred to a Leader.

Q. Can I delete my club?
A. Yes, type /myclubs > select your club > club options > Delete Club.

Q. Will there be any confirmation before deleting? (Like: Yes and No options)
A. Yes, there will be popup box asking for Yes and No option as a confirmation before deleting.

Q. Can I have more than 1 club?
A. No.

Sub-Forum for Club

Q. How to get your own chillboard (sub-forum)?
A. Goto General Request and click on Request club board. You need at least 75 members in order to gain a club sub-forum (Without base). You just need 25 members if you have a base.

Q. Where to request club board (sub-forum)?
A. Click Here: https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?action=form;n=17

Commands

Commands in /cmds

/clubs (Searched name) - displays list of server clubs with ability to search
   /apply [club name] - apply to a club
   /BuyBase - rent base for your club
   /myclubs - list of clubs you belong to
   /playerclubs [player] - list of clubs player belongs to
   /clamp [reason] - clamp vehicle in club base (club staff or above rank)

Other commands

/sharevehicle [club name] - Share owned vehicle with club.
   /unsharevehicle – Un share shared vehicle from club.
   /myclub – To see your own club menu.

Other tutorials related to clubs which can provide some tips and tricks for your club are:
https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=22165.0
https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=2876.0

Club Rules:
https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=5560.0

Club Features:
https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=2877.0

Read this before posting club on forums:
https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=47272.0

Credits

I have searched the forum very well and got 20% of question and after that I tested everything to answer the rest of the questions.
20% - Forums search.
80% - Personal testing.

Thanks to those 2 useful tutorials already posted on forums, which helped me here, and our helpful community on our forums that answered some of the questions.

All about bases:
https://forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=58832.0

I would really appreciate if anyone wants to post any mistake/suggestion/edit/replace/adding to make this post a full knowledge of clubs :)

If you can't reply here just message me on forums or in game.

Thanks
-Loup

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Toppertje

Nice job :like:

Quote.6. Club Vehicles
  • Shows you vehicles that are shared with your club and search for them.
  • To buy vehicle from club funds, you have to be club leader at least, then go to a dealer, select vehicle, and select buy for club, it will show you a list of clubs where you are leader/founder, then select any club you want to buy vehicle for and confirm your purchase. Vehicle will be bought from club funds, and after selling vehicle the money will again go back to club funds.

It also showing all the cars (non shared) that parked in base.

Loup

Quote from: Toppertje on January 22, 2020, 16:17
Nice job :like:

Quote.6. Club Vehicles
  • Shows you vehicles that are shared with your club and search for them.
  • To buy vehicle from club funds, you have to be club leader at least, then go to a dealer, select vehicle, and select buy for club, it will show you a list of clubs where you are leader/founder, then select any club you want to buy vehicle for and confirm your purchase. Vehicle will be bought from club funds, and after selling vehicle the money will again go back to club funds.

It also showing all the cars (non shared) that parked in base.

Yeah, I thought that would be base related so didn't add, but added now.

Thank you :)

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS