News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Smokey Anti-Cheat

Started by Loup, February 25, 2019, 17:58

Loup

Hello All, well it says "Server related chat" so I thought to put this post here as its not a complete suggestion or a complete help needed or something so I guess its a good place for this.

I know most of the guys are more aware than me, but I thought why not to find out about it something or maybe in the end we find some good suggestions or something?

On Topic:
Smokey seems to ban innocent players most of the times like 99% it most of the time catches innocent player (Launched by hacker) and bans them, meanwhile the hacker itself is completely untouched (mostly).

I know admins are well aware about this, and they have seen some "update smokey anti cheat" suggestions as well, but maybe they are busy with their real life (like every other person) and they don't have enough time for this or something dont know the real reason. But until an update comes, why not maybe disabling the Airbreak/airbrake and fly catching mechanism for sometime? Because sometimes other cheats like adding nos and weapons cheat gets caught, but this...flying/launching gets confused.

I don't know if it is easy or hard to do (as I have never done it) so im not really suggesting, just asking and discussing. As I guess this would reduce the false bans on forums and player getting frustrated until they get unban and frustrated at the time of ban, they wont be ban in the air and when they land they still would be in game so if they are annoyed they can simply quit the game (as most of the players would prefer including me).

NOTE: These above situations occur when there are no admins/mods in server, and when they are obviously hackers wont dare to join.

P.S: Delete this topic if its not appropriate to discuss about this topic.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

j7n

But we mostly get banned for speed hack when in air, acceleration and exceeding of top speed, not airbreak, and a cheater or hacker will likely want to use speed hack to his advantage as well.

Loup

ah, yea you're right, then maybe removing speed limit anti cheat? if someone was found using speed cheat to work fast he will get caught as we will see that player passes mission very quickly and can report on forums? Ok im confused as well :/ but there should be an alternative until smokey gets update so that players can play freely without getting a false ban.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Stanislav

My suggestion about this: improving Smokey with RakNet plugin, and so analizes packets before execute scripts :)

RakNet Plugin: https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=640306