Present stuck? Do this

Started by Eurobeat, December 13, 2018, 09:39

Eurobeat

This is not a tutorial(as it doesn't always work), this is just one of the ways you can get a present that has spawned inside one of the custom map objects without anyone's help. This won't work for every object as some aren't tall enough for you to walk around in, but for those that are, this will work.

This is an example of how to get something stuck in the rocks behind my house in Blackfield

Razbitze

Or, scripters could improve the script, making that area forbidden for presents to spawn.
Seems like no one around CT likes updates.

Eurobeat

Loup

lol nice method ;D but how did you know there is a present inside that big rock.

ADMIN SINCE
19 Dec 2022
MODERATOR SINCE
16 Dec 2019
COUNTRY
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Razbitze

Eurobeat

No. Custom map objects don't render until you're close enough, but presents render from very far away.
Adan stop being salty lmfao

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Razbitze on December 13, 2018, 15:40
Or, scripters could improve the script, making that area forbidden for presents to spawn.
Seems like no one around CT likes updates.
Just like no one around CT likes to follow rules?
Anyway, do you realize how much efforts it will take to improve it?
It's fair amount of work to make present not spawn in mapped objects, the script would need to determine if there's any custom object around the spawning coordinates and FYI mapped objects only have coordinates (i.e. x, y, z) and not their span size listed, so there's no perfect way to know how big an object is (or maybe by making an array of every object used on mainland with their span listed and referring to their coords and span every time present spawn), unless you want a script improvement where presents get spawned like 100m away from every mapped object :shurg:

I don't feel it's worth improving something that works fine enough, there's only few cases of presents spawning inside of objects and that does not hinder normal execution of game-play in anyway, they are an add-on to the game-play and people should be enjoying it rather than complaining about one little thing. There are games where game breaking bugs are presents but devs haven't even bothered to address them *cough*Rainbow 6*cough*.

Another FYI, if we didn't care about updates these presents wouldn't be here at all.

Quote from: Hobo on December 13, 2018, 22:15
Nice teleport hacks bro  :like: :dislike: :ccmas:
I've emailed mick about it, he will take the decision pretty soon  :ccmas:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Eurobeat

Might wanna tall him about my WASD hacks too

Razbitze

CJ why are you making it so complex?
The algorithm for sure generates random X,Y and Z where to place the present and then patches it around to lay on ground. All I meant was to define an area that covers those rocks and then when the random values are given, you just hook a code in there, checking if the present will be in the already defined area. And if it does, it won't spawn and a new presents will be generated, again checking where it spawns and so on.
This means, no present will be spawned close to the rocks, or above the rocks. Duh

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Razbitze on December 14, 2018, 13:33
CJ why are you making it so complex?
The algorithm for sure generates random X,Y and Z where to place the present and then patches it around to lay on ground. All I meant was to define an area that covers those rocks and then when the random values are given, you just hook a code in there, checking if the present will be in the already defined area. And if it does, it won't spawn and a new presents will be generated, again checking where it spawns and so on.
This means, no present will be spawned close to the rocks, or above the rocks. Duh
Rocks aren't the only mapped thing on mainland duh.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Razbitze

Then define all those areas where there are big objects on mainland that could block the access to a present.

Eurobeat

Why? It's already free money. Sure its technically a bug and I'm sure it could be fixed, but it's fun to do shit like this. 97% of the map is uncovered and presents can be reached without a problem. The small part thats covered makes for an interesting challenge in my opinion.

Mokrajn

Quote from: Eurobeat on December 14, 2018, 21:32
Why? It's already free money. Sure its technically a bug and I'm sure it could be fixed, but it's fun to do shit like this. 97% of the map is uncovered and presents can be reached without a problem. The small part thats covered makes for an interesting challenge in my opinion.
Exactly ↓
https://imgur.com/SSZImYv

Signature removed by admin

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Eurobeat on December 14, 2018, 21:32
It wouldn't be CT if you don't complain about little issue you face with the things you get for free.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS