News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Regular BSOD when using WiFi

Started by CarlJohnson, September 02, 2018, 06:25

CarlJohnson

Hi,
Recently my laptop started to face Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) regularly whenever I was playing some game on WiFi, I can game normally if I disable the drivers from Device Manager and use Mobile USB tethering (haven't tried Ethernet but I guess it should work just fine).
What happens exactly?
The game get's stuck and remains stuck forever or a BSOD appears.

BSOD errors: (either of them appears)
1. DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION
2. BUGCODE NDIS DRIVER

Things I've tried:
1. Clean install of Windows through recovery
2. Updating and rolling back WiFi adapter drivers
3. Updating BIOS to latest version
4. CHDSK

I don't know what else to do now, Laptop's warranty is no longer there (I forgot to extend it but I've contacted Acer, let's see what they say).

Something I noticed in Event Viewer:

Anyone with any idea? I think it could be my WiFi adapter dying out, my friend also faced the same problem on his laptop earlier and they replaced his adapter.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Shock

use a third party program to clean up any files from the program or try to reinstall windows completely. had a similar issue with my mic driver where i had one from windows updates and one that ive installed myself. They would overlap and make my laptop freeze
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Shock on September 02, 2018, 08:28
use a third party program to clean up any files from the program or try to reinstall windows completely. had a similar issue with my mic driver where i had one from windows updates and one that ive installed myself. They would overlap and make my laptop freeze
Any recommendations for programs? I'll try to do complete install of Windows using Media creation tool.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Emily

ccleaner is a pretty decent one for being free. I don't use much on wifi, but just the BSOD tells me that there's something going on with drivers overlapping each other. used to happen to me with some graphics drivers. Sometimes windows likes to "help" and install some from the web which works sometimes, and sometimes it breaks things. But, if you try installing your own it can cause issues as well.

If you want to find the proper drivers yourself and stop windows from "helping" go to the "system" in the control panel and hit advanced system settings on the side. Go to the hardware tab and change device installation settings to no.

I can't guarantee that'll help but it might. If it doesn't you can always change it back.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT