Other player's truck frozen after entering password

Started by j7n, November 20, 2017, 02:00

j7n

There is an inconvenience when driving another player's truck with a password. In approximately 25-40 percent of cases the truck will not move after the correct password has been entered. The engine will run, but the truck appears clamped to the ground. I have to get out, and enter the password again to get it moving. Maybe it will not start on the second attempt either. Similar situation occurs when a player has executed /drive upon me. As if there is some race condition, and the server's permission for driving has been missed.

When driving alone, this is not important. But it can cause a disruption and delay in convoy. For example, after I get out to perform /fixcar.

Any way to avoid?

CarlJohnson

Try using /e [password], iirc it worked. Meanwhile I'll try to see what's wrong.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

CONVOYTRUCKING_MATE

when pressing the key enter, make sure not to stay pressed as it must as short as a simple mouse click.
I just give you an example: when I press the enter key, if I see the little password window flicking, the vehicle won't move; if my typing to the enter key is really short the password window won't flick, then the vehicle will move and be usable.

j7n

CVTM has nailed it. I see that the password form is rather unusually sent on Enter key up. Maybe this problem is local to the SAMP, because if I Alt-Tab and come back, the frozen truck would move again, which isn't very useful with other vehicles near by though.

I can assign another key to enter the vehicle, which doesn't do anything on the form, for example "winclick" (appskey), but I'm very used to the Enter, and rely on it in other similar games with vehicles.

I like the /e command solution also. It can be reliably keybinded, unlike the password dialog.