News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

SAMP Server Online

Started by Clucker, January 05, 2017, 19:54

Clucker

How to make my SAMP server online so others can join?

Ethan

pay a hosting company for slots for people to join or google port forwarding so people can also join that way..

Benny

you need to do some port forwarding to open the connection for others. You do that by typing in your local ip in google which usually is 192.168.0.1 (or smt similar)

Log in, go to gateway, basically there where you have ports, by me its gateway, and select port forwarding or ports. Then basically the Ip address start port end port need to be the same as in your server files.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

Clucker

Quote from: Ethan on January 05, 2017, 20:07
pay a hosting company for slots for people to join or google port forwarding so people can also join that way..

pay  :'(  :'(

TheFoxman

Quote from: Pepe_The_Frog on January 05, 2017, 20:26

Who pays for samp server

Ethan

Quote from: TheFoxman on January 05, 2017, 21:29
Who pays for samp server

uhh how else do we even have CT.. server host

Shock

Quote from: TheFoxman on January 05, 2017, 21:29
Quote from: Pepe_The_Frog on January 05, 2017, 20:26

Who pays for samp server

Someone who wants a decent one
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Clucker

Quote from: Benny on January 05, 2017, 20:08
you need to do some port forwarding to open the connection for others. You do that by typing in your local ip in google which usually is 192.168.0.1 (or smt similar)

Log in, go to gateway, basically there where you have ports, by me its gateway, and select port forwarding or ports. Then basically the Ip address start port end port need to be the same as in your server files.

is this free?

CarlJohnson

Go to your router settings (192.168.1.1 or something like that), go to virtual server settings and add your ports there, your router should support port forwarding though.

Google "how to portforward -your router name- for sample", there is some site which guides you how to do it
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

Quote from: Pepe_The_Frog on January 05, 2017, 23:29
is this free?
if you own the router, then yes.. if you lease/rent it from your ISP then yes, as well....

Hobo

Quote from: Ethan on January 06, 2017, 03:11
Quote from: Pepe_The_Frog on January 05, 2017, 23:29
is this free?
if you lease/rent it from your ISP then yes, as well....
No. It's more than likely against their terms of service assuming he doesn't have a business plan with them.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Clucker

fuck my life! My shitty router doesn't support port forwarding!

is there still another way? :'(

Benny

Buy a better router? You need it to support port forwarding
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

CarlJohnson

You can use services like hamachi to let other people join your server, however they also need to install hamachi so their IP would be same as yours (I suppose that's how it works) and they will be able to see your server. I remember using it for our MTA server when we used to map together. It's works fine enough if you want to let atmost 10 people in your server.

Edit: I just remembered there are some places which let you host your server for free, however you need to login everyday to renew you account and the resources are limited (you can't run a heavy game mode like CT there)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Clucker

Quote from: CarlJohnson on January 06, 2017, 09:27
You can use services like hamachi to let other people join your server, however they also need to install hamachi so their IP would be same as yours (I suppose that's how it works) and they will be able to see your server. I remember using it for our MTA server when we used to map together. It's works fine enough if you want to let atmost 10 people in your server.

Edit: I just remembered there are some places which let you host your server for free, however you need to login everyday to renew you account and the resources are limited (you can't run a heavy game mode like CT there)

I'll just want to make a test server for my works so others can also test it too, most of it are just maps :D thank you Carl :D