Trading Aircraft?

Started by UncleDrew, December 16, 2016, 10:45

UncleDrew

Well its nice coz some want to trade there aircraft :D
so WHY NOT?

Ethan

Quote from: xname023. on December 16, 2016, 10:45
so WHY NOT?

because airports would be (even more) overthrown with used planes and helicopters like they are now.

:dislike:

Kake

Quote from: Ethan on December 16, 2016, 14:20
Quote from: xname023. on December 16, 2016, 10:45
so WHY NOT?

because airports would be (even more) overthrown with used planes and helicopters like they are now.

:dislike:
I don't get what u are trying to say ethan

Shock

airports are empty if you'd ever join the game u'd know.
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Martin

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

CarlJohnson

This is fairly elaborated post of how things will work.

Players will be able to put their air type vehicles like Maverick, Shamal, etc on sale by going to the Abandoned Airport or the Verdant Meadows (as of now I've planned it to be done here). The maximum price and the minimum price of plane would be determined by system which does it for cars as of now.

After putting the vehicle on sale the vehicle will be parked beside the airstrip so the helicopter missions aren't intervened, the buyer could enter the plane, see its details like Odo, fuel, insurance and decide to buy it or not.
If the vehicle isn't sold for a long duration of time, the vehicle will be removed from the forsale list and will go back to the owner, in the meantime owner can also take back the vehicle if he wants to but it will cost him some price (the same way it works for car trading now), also the oldest vehicle on the list will be removed if the capacity of the airport/trade location is being fully utilized.

So your point here Ethan that the airports will be overthrown with planes and helicopters is invalid because there will be a limit to the amount of vehicle which can be put up on the sale, say 10 vehicles can be put up on the forsale list, once the 11th vehicle is put up on sale by player the 1st vehicle or the oldest one on the list by date gets removed and goes back to owner.

Any more questions?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

UncleDrew

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 17, 2016, 06:19

After putting the vehicle on sale the vehicle will be parked beside the airstrip so the helicopter missions aren't intervened, the buyer could enter the plane, see its details like Odo, fuel, insurance and decide to buy it or not.
If the vehicle isn't sold for a long duration of time, the vehicle will be removed from the forsale list and will go back to the owner, in the meantime owner can also take back the vehicle if he wants to but it will cost him some price (the same way it works for car trading now), also the oldest vehicle on the list will be removed if the capacity of the airport/trade location is being fully utilized.

Maybe decrease the day of sale. like 30 days or 25 days

Joshy

Players will be able to put their air type vehicles like Maverick, Shamal, etc on sale by going to the Abandoned Airport or the Verdant Meadows (as of now I've planned it to be done here). The maximum price and the minimum price of plane would be determined by system which does it for cars as of now.

So your point here Ethan that the airports will be overthrown with planes and helicopters is invalid because there will be a limit to the amount of vehicle which can be put up on the sale, say 10 vehicles can be put up on the forsale list, once the 11th vehicle is put up on sale by player the 1st vehicle or the oldest one on the list by date gets removed and goes back to owner.

Any more questions?
FYI to make a new trading lot, you basically need to define these things somewhere:

• where should the map icon be, and which icon to use
  • where should the pickup marker be, and which pickup to use
  • where should the 3d text label be, and what should it say
  • define a dynamic area where vehicles will remain in (sphere, cube, polygon) (when vehicles are removed from this area they respawn)
  • declare which vehicle types they can and cannot sell
  • make a spawning function for your trading lot - basically the current system uses SA-MP's vehicle model info to retrieve vehicle sizes and park them properly. Using this you can also test how many vehicles the trading lot can hold (newest to oldest), and any vehicles that are unable to fit on the trading lot will be untraded automatically

At the time my code quality wasn't great so you'll end up copying and pasting stuff everywhere, but it'll work.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Joshy on December 17, 2016, 12:59

Any more questions?
FYI to make a new trading lot, you basically need to define these things somewhere:

• define a dynamic area where vehicles will remain in (sphere, cube, polygon) (when vehicles are removed from this area they respawn)
  • make a spawning function for your trading lot - basically the current system uses SA-MP's vehicle model info to retrieve vehicle sizes and park them properly. Using this you can also test how many vehicles the trading lot can hold (newest to oldest), and any vehicles that are unable to fit on the trading lot will be untraded automatically

At the time my code quality wasn't great so you'll end up copying and pasting stuff everywhere, but it'll work.
Yes, I noticed, I might redo the code if I get time otherwise copy pasting would work fine. I might also allow players to trade club vehicles.

Also, don't I need to add the dealer in DB?
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Joshy

Quote from: CarlJohnson on December 18, 2016, 04:32

Any more questions?

Yes, I noticed, I might redo the code if I get time otherwise copy pasting would work fine. I might also allow players to trade club vehicles.

Nah, it's all hardcoded =)))
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

UncleDrew

Quote from: Joshy on December 18, 2016, 11:18

Any more questions?

so is it possible?

Martin

Quote from: xname023. on December 19, 2016, 16:46
Quote from: Joshy on December 18, 2016, 11:18

Any more questions?

so is it possible?

It is clearly possible, as @Carl and @Joshy said in that huge quote.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

UncleDrew

Quote from: Ethan on December 19, 2016, 20:50
Quote from: xname023. on December 19, 2016, 16:46
so is it possible?
yes it is, just has to be done correctly
well Good luck scripters :D hope you do a great job

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:
What is 7 + 4?:
What is the server name?:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview