Galaxy S7 battery drain over night

Started by Vinny, November 04, 2016, 05:29

Vinny

It's on 6.0.1 and yes I rebooted it this morning, I'll look into what you all said when I get home
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Vinny

But I will have to root it to remove all the Samsung bullshit, is there a way to do it easily without data loss ?
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

CarlJohnson

There should be an option to disable them, must be beside force stop option in App settings.

If you want to root, rooting with framaroot is pretty easy, you can google that up, and you can also easily unroot your phone using it.

Rooting voids warranty, so it's better you read the downsides aswell as advantages of rooting before actually rooting your phone. If you ever want to take your phone to service center, unroot your phone to get the warranty back.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Vinny

What do you mean by getting a lighter version of Facebook? Do you have a link to whatever that is? (nevermind i think i found it)And btw killing facebook from Smart Manager (samsung built-in task manager) is vain, since its always coming back. But i did disable a lot of shit in my settings, didnt figure the phone was that active on idle, and could already tell the difference during the day so it did somehow improve it, also installed Doze to block any data during then ight, i'll see if the draining occurs this night aswell. But im stunned how bad the power saving mode really is

Spekter

Don't worry bro, it will explode soon and you won't have any problems =))))

Joshy

Quote from: Vinny on November 04, 2016, 05:29

Over the past few days my phones been drastically losing battery over night, going from around 95 to 70% in around 6 hours, by simply being idle with deactivated mobile data and with power saving mode activated. The screenshot above shows that Android system and Android os are responsible for over 30% of the battery loss each. Has anyone had the same problem and found a potential fix for it ?
Android system and OS are usually within the top 3 on my S7 as well, something has to use battery after all.

95 to 70% over 6 hours implies it's not going into doze and there is a wakelock somewhere. Download Wakelock Detector Lite (you'll need a PC for it to work since it uses ADB for battery stats)

Also in Developer Options in Settings (if you don't see it, go to About phone, then Software info, then tap the Build numbers 7 times), enable "Show CPU usage" (this is more useful if your phone is noticeably warm when it's off) and have a look in "Running services" for any potential things in the background.

If you install Greenify you can enable Aggressive Doze and have a notification appear when your phone goes into Doze mode.

If you have Oculus Gear VR stuff installed, try disabling it for a bit just to make sure it's not that. You can disable pretty much most of the bloatware using Package Disabler Pro (Samsung specific method of disabling apps, using Knox)

Check out reddit.com/r/galaxys7 for more info

Off topic: my phone went from 100% to 30% in 5 hours (1 hour screen on time) because of Google Play Services a few days ago :/ makes app development hard since my PC's USB can't push enough power to not discharge the battery
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Vinny

Quote from: Joshy on November 04, 2016, 19:35
Package Disabler Pro (Samsung specific method of disabling apps, using Knox)
This app says the apps flagged as pink in its list are bloatware, but is it really safe to disable all of them?

CarlJohnson

If I remember correctly Greenify only works on rootes phones, unless they released an update which I'm not aware about and I haven't looked around for a long time now.

Rather than using Doze you can restrict background data by going into Data usage > tab on options key > Background data / restrict background data. This would help in stopping the data use in background however it'll also stop downloads and shits so make sure to configure it in a way that downloads are allowed and apps like Facebook whatsapp aren't. They will on use data when they're opened.
My Xperia has Stamina mod which does the same thing along with few more stuff, using stamina mod my battery lasts atleast 2.5 days and battery drop during night is only 1-2%

You can disable them all, just make sure it doesn't include any other app (Stuff you downloaded)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Vinny

I've had a Z2 before for 2 years so I basically know everything about it.

So with all these things the S7 went from 92% to 90% in 9 hours over this night, so it did help a lot and I guess it won't get any better. Thanks for your help guys.

CarlJohnson

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Supreme

Best solution: Dispose S7, aquire S7 Edge
SOT 3h 01m, 64% left  :ccmas:

Quote from: Joshy on November 04, 2016, 19:35
If you have Oculus Gear VR stuff installed, try disabling it for a bit just to make sure it's not that. You can disable pretty much most of the bloatware using Package Disabler Pro (Samsung specific method of disabling apps, using Knox)

Just do this and you are good to go.