Speed Limit Signs

Started by Clucker, July 25, 2016, 19:46

Clucker

My suggestion is put a speed limit near every speed traps? There's a custom speed limit signs objects  provided by SAMP or create a custom road sign and place there the text using SetObjectMaterialText like in CT custom road signs? :) how about that? :D

Ethan

Quote from: Spongegar on July 25, 2016, 19:46
My suggestion is put a speed limit near every speed trap.
then whats the point of the speed traps then?

Clucker

Quote from: Ethan on July 25, 2016, 21:31

damn it Carl! xD

R3AP3R

Speedtraps IRL have a Radar Sign in the area where they're mounted.

+1 for speed limit signs. It will look cool

Clucker

Ethan, speedtraps to speed camera? @REAP is it really called speedtraps irl? i thought that's speed camera xD

Ethan

ok, but we dont have speed traps, they're called Florida State troopers and Volusia County Sheriffs...

Clucker

Quote from: Ethan on July 26, 2016, 16:07
ok, but we dont have speed traps, they're called Florida State troopers and Volusia County Sheriffs...
Ethan you a murican? :O :O :O  :o  .... coz coral added too much speedtraps in narwick vicinity :'( narwick speedtraps are always talked about by players hahaha damn

Sjomp

Those signs don't break when you crash into them.

UncleDrew

Quote from: Ethan on July 25, 2016, 21:31
what if put it 200 meters near the speed trap? so players can know there cruise speed :D it would be nice coz i am making 2k fines every 10-20 mins with those speedtraps

Clucker

Quote from: Sjomp on July 27, 2016, 10:48
Those signs don't break when you crash into them.

@Sjomp That's the only disadvantage :( ... like road signs in Unresting Desert >.<   :))
@Piggy lool 200 meters is too far xD hmmm how about reduce it to 50 - 75 meters ?

Ethan

Quote from: PreHistoricPiggy on July 27, 2016, 11:23
.... it would be nice coz i am making 2k fines every 10-20 mins with those speedtraps
then you obviously dont know to go the better routes without some of the traps

CarlJohnson

This would ruin the whole point of Speedtraps and the Travelin' Man Achievement. Speedtraps are meant to be hidden so you don't know when you will fined, it also somewhat helps in preventing reckless driving. However if we will place Signs informing about the locations of the speedtrap then there would be no use of the speedtrap icons on the minimap which you get after finishing Travelin' Man Achievement as you will already know their location.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Clucker

Quote from: CarlJohnson on July 27, 2016, 14:21
This would ruin the whole point of Speedtraps and the Travelin' Man Achievement. Speedtraps are meant to be hidden so you don't know when you will fined, it also somewhat helps in preventing reckless driving. However if we will place Signs informing about the locations of the speedtrap then there would be no use of the speedtrap icons on the minimap which you get after finishing Travelin' Man Achievement as you will already know their location.

Damn it carl :'( those speedtraps in narwick are nightmare @.@  C:-) C:-) C:-)

Vinny

How about putting a sign that just says a speedrap is in the area, not mentionning where or what speed to go, i myself don't even take missions to narwick thanks to your lovely speedtraps =))))
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Quotary

or why not reduce the amount of speedtraps so it's not that big of an arsepain and people wouldn't complain? thanks for listening my name is quotary and i am out