Airports approach lights

Started by Stteve, July 08, 2016, 19:12

Stteve

Could be possible if mappers would add more approach lights to airports, all airports that has water approach, even Los Santos International. I'm talking about San Fierro approach lights which have been added to LV island i know, but I think you should add more like these pictures from google.  :)) :)) :like: and if it could be possible to add strobe lights too like in the sugg. pic.

[hide= My suggestion][/hide]

Custom objects load from near disctances, so this way pilots could properly guide themselves to hit the runway. I know most of the pilots just want to finish their achievement landing however they want, but since those are airports, they must have this secure approach.  :-\

Eurobeat

At Cape Town Intl. pilots coming from the North use the mountain and a huge cellphone tower as waypoints, beacons, whatever.. i cant think of the corrrct word for it lol but they use it  to gauge where the runway is from far away. I think only lv island airport needs something like that because its kind of empty around it.

LSX has the pair of islands that u can use to line up, wc has the small suburb and the bridge, mc has the crane and the cell tower, narwick has a highway that ive used to line up, and lv and sf are also lined up with some buildings and trees

Ethan

so just Los Santos, LV and SF island ? and I dont know about strobe lights.

UncleDrew

well its hard to see the lights when your above 150-300 ft. in the air.

Nado

I would like some kinda of orientation on minimap where land on islands (aka "fake" lights approach showed on minimap), something like this, this would help a lot players with high ping (for a reason islands on CT takes more time to load lol)

the numbers show how many meters you are to land in a airport  and the points shows the direction to land

S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O™
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

UncleDrew

I came up with this

Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 1500 Meters
Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 1000 Meters
Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 750 Meters
Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 500 Meters
Las Venturas Island Runway 9 250 Meters
Las Venturas Island Runway 9 0 Meters

Sjomp

Only objects in a range of 300 arround you spawn. (If there are too much objects it will be even shorter)
So you won't be able to see them from really far away.
Also if we add too much lights arround the airport it might cause a late loading airstripe.

I like the idea but I'm not sure if it will actually help. (I will take a look at the airports later ingame.)

UncleDrew

i am sure u will remember the runway to lvi and sfi. even tho we dont have lights going to the runway of the airport.

CarlJohnson

You guys do get a warning stating "Approaching x airport no other aircraft nearby"
If you want I can make few more warnings like

Quote from: PreHistoricPiggy on July 09, 2016, 17:47
I came up with this

Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 1500 Meters
Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 1000 Meters
Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 750 Meters
Las Venturas Island  Runway 9 500 Meters
Las Venturas Island Runway 9 250 Meters
Las Venturas Island Runway 9 0 Meters

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

Quote from: PreHistoricPiggy on July 10, 2016, 04:59
i am sure u will remember the runway to lvi and sfi. even tho we dont have lights going to the runway of the airport.
at SFI you do, at LVI no, you dont, I dont think