News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

When in doubt, turbocharger

Started by Eurobeat, June 29, 2016, 02:26

Eurobeat

Basically we decided to put a turbocharger on the wrecker. No it does not work, it has a carb motor and some old shitty rubber tubing (and yes, PVC piping). We just did it for a bit of banter. I might post a video of it soon.

[imgur]http://imgur.com/a/br3e2[/imgur]

Nado

dat weight reduction, i'm sure it can do 1/4 mile in 9secs  :like: :like: :like:
S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O™
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Eurobeat

Shock

Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Dr_dog

RIP turbo bearings. I dont see oil lines to it, is there any?
Also you could make it work with the carbourettor, you just need to force the fuel through the carb with more pressure than the turbo is producing, I sort of built a sierra that had turbocharged carburettor engine. Make it proper! :D
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Eurobeat

Lol dog no oil to it, thats why he sprayed some oil in. And we just put it on the car so it would keep moving and not stay unused and rust up later, but we talked about trying to make it work how it should

Dr_dog

The turbo shaft bearings need constant oil pressure, just grab some/rip off some copper tube from somebody's house or something and rob oil pressure from the filter base and return it to somewhere. simple. or use hydraulic pipe. Shouldnt be hard, just remember to richen the mixture fairly much.. Mod the fuel pump? need higher pressure fuel pump basically so that it overcomes the air pressure. either wya, the turbo needs proper oil lubrication
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Spekter

Quote from: Dr_dog on July 01, 2016, 23:15
Also you could make it work with the carbourettor, you just need to force the fuel through the carb with more pressure than the turbo is producing, I sort of built a sierra that had turbocharged carburettor engine. Make it proper! :D

Got any pics of that Sierra?  :ccmas:

Dr_dog

Quote from: Spekter on July 07, 2016, 19:37
Quote from: Dr_dog on July 01, 2016, 23:15

Got any pics of that Sierra?  :ccmas:
i tied it around a tree like 20-25 years ago, I dont play with petrol toys anymore. Too much hassle, last one was a twin turbo 1JZ corolla abomination which disintegrated itself. Nowdays squeezing power and smoke out of old diesels
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Spekter

haha not surprised, Sierras like shaking their rear ends way too much, i used to drive one a while ago. Still love em, thats why i asked for pics

Dr_dog

Even without any power, they are terrifying to drive at +100kph speed. The rear is just so light that it goes all over the place. Now add in a random turbocharger that has way too large compressor. and REALLY unpredictable carburettor setup where is literally single mixture, and thats so that it runs cool on full throttle.. Every other throttle postion, it shat fire and ran unwell due to absolutely messed up air to fuel mix.

Probably the best thing "Ford" ever made. Maybe because it was never made in USA in the first place..
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Spekter

Quote from: Dr_dog on July 09, 2016, 21:25
Even without any power, they are terrifying to drive at +100kph speed. The rear is just so light that it goes all over the place. Now add in a random turbocharger that has way too large compressor. and REALLY unpredictable carburettor setup where is literally single mixture, and thats so that it runs cool on full throttle.. Every other throttle postion, it shat fire and ran unwell due to absolutely messed up air to fuel mix.

Probably the best thing "Ford" ever made. Maybe because it was never made in USA in the first place..

I used to put random weight in the trunk during the winter, like logs, curbs, cement bags etc hahaha. Even then it was still really unforgiving. But i agree, she was just so ahead of her time back then, mine was a 2.0 OHC Ghia, still miss it. I drive a 4x4 Scorpio now, but i miss that rwd haha.

Eurobeat

The town plumber here had a Sierra XR6 and his son had the 2.0 turbo(not sure the name of the model is) both of them were extremely fast and light. One time we got stuck with the heavier xr6, rear left wheel fell in a drain 😂. Only needed 2 guys to lift it out of the hole. In the 2.0 we drove over 240 and then the speedo cable broke, xr6 we did just over 190 and its speedo also broke. Damn those were some great cars. Both of them got stolen

Spekter

Quote from: Fish on July 10, 2016, 18:27
The town plumber here had a Sierra XR6 and his son had the 2.0 turbo(not sure the name of the model is) both of them were extremely fast and light. One time we got stuck with the heavier xr6, rear left wheel fell in a drain 😂. Only needed 2 guys to lift it out of the hole. In the 2.0 we drove over 240 and then the speedo cable broke, xr6 we did just over 190 and its speedo also broke. Damn those were some great cars. Both of them got stolen

Cosworth Sierras had 2.0 turbo engines, all variants. But wait you are from RSA right? You lucky bastards got the Sierra XR8 with the 5.0 V8 Mustang engine, ever saw that one??

Eurobeat

Yea he had an XR8 a few years before we knew eachother but it was totalled in an accident and he sold it for scrap