Tutorial Suggestion

Started by Clucker, June 17, 2016, 11:48

Clucker

As we know there's a hacker that always ruin the server. He uses dynamic IP Address so banning him is impossible just by creating new countless accounts. Im proposing a tutorial for every new player and for the hacker who always ruin our game so he'll lose his patience to tutorial and give up ruining the game.

First the new player will spawn into another empty world with same server maps (but no players and it's like different universe/place lol), tutorial for a Trucker (longest mission , from narwick to wet county). after finishing Trucker tutorial then the player will forced to to another tutorial, the thief tutorial. after that, the pilot tutorial (longest mission). Then the one class that drives busses, (longest mission again).

This will make the new players informative and game ready to convoy trucking server :D so they will know the basics and how to play the game... and of course to prevent the hacker from always immediately getting back just to ruin the game -_-

P.S. in hacker's side, by implementing that the hacker will be pissed off because of long tutorials and will decide to give up

AviatorAysar

I like this!

No need for longest missions just 10 mins of every tutorial..

He will not keep on doing tutorials every second

So he will get out
Like it

He should have directions, because not everyone know roads..  So their should be like arrows..

Smokey should be active in tutorial

+1
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Clucker

oh yes :D plus the Smokey (the anti-cheat script) must be also included in entire tutorial. +1 also for cesar hehe

Eurobeat

i hate servers that force you to do unskippable quizzes/missions before you can play... i dont think new players will like that either this might keep some hackers away but it will also keep new players away
:dislike:

Clucker

Put several NPCs in tutorial so the new player won't be alone and the new player will be prompted some messages about the tutorial and the real server :D  :ccmas:

Ari

Better a tutorial of how to drive a truck xD
Quote from: Fish on June 17, 2016, 16:04
i hate servers that force you to do unskippable quizzes/missions before you can play... i dont think new players will like that either this might keep some hackers away but it will also keep new players away
Yes sir.

AviatorAysar

Quote from: Chitoge on June 17, 2016, 17:45
Better a tutorial of how to drive a truck xD
Quote from: Fish on June 17, 2016, 16:04
Yes sir.

For both of u;

We can write good welcoming messages, and mention this tut is not skippable for hackers not to create multi ACC's

And I already suggested something for tut, wish both can work together..

Players are coming new they r doing 2 3 deliveries getting bored and noyt coming back.. Why? Bz they don't know anything in this server except load and unload..
Tutorial can show arms shops gas stations alook around the whole. Islands
Info about club, all the rules.... Everything
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Joshy

Mandatory tutorials sometimes make the server look uninviting to players.

Sending wannabes to a private virtual world isn't a bad idea though, just set a minimum score limit on access to the "public world", although it's much more preferable for the AntiCheat to be updated... srsly
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Clucker

Yes, updating the anti-cheat. looks like the anti-cheat that the CT uses is old that's why the hacker can sometimes stay long in server and took the anti-cheat script to detect the hacker.. How about the Dynamic IP address of the hacker? he uses that so he can always enter the server by just changing his IP Address... Looks like his IP Addresses is harder to solve than creating Tutorials for new players and Updating Anti-Cheat script...

Ethan

as for the tutorial thing... Mick has alwaays said this is a "noob (maybe new player) friendly server, so shoving them a test to see if they'll join wouldnt really appeal to alot of people. reading and then agreeing you'll abide by the rules is enough.

Knight

I like the idea of sending them to a virtual world till the reach like 10(?) truck loads.
This will also keep away the newbies who likes to ram.
Having a tutorial thingy is a no-no.
Real Madrid Club de FĂștbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tĂș hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

Clucker

i dont see mick playing even once lel ... even in shoutbox :O   he is god of this server... as for the anti-cheat/hack script maybe we can update that just to get that hacker's ass away :) .... Or block all IP from dutch hahaha jke :P too racist

UncleDrew

teaching player?  :dislike: coz probably they play singleplayer and another server. and there is a panel thats says "type /work to begin mission" and when u are new to the server there are some cmds "/startconvoy, /work, and /convoy"

Clucker

in this tutorial the server will force them to do every single cmd or procedure, they wont be able to skip :) unless if they accomplished that step...

UncleDrew

wannabe will hate it. /help are there to help them. and they asking players for some directions so this is no use