ATS and ETS2 mod installation question

Started by Ethan, June 10, 2016, 15:32

Ethan

I have mods I want to use for both ATS and ETS2 but I am confused on how it works...
In ATS I made a new profile, did the wizard and the first run. I saved the profile, tried to apply the mods I found, but when I went to load the save, it says incompatible.
I tried again, this time making a new profile, adding the mods and saving it but it says its still incompatible...
whats the proper steps to enable and use mods ingame? for ats and ets2?

Mr.Me

Quote from: Ethan on June 10, 2016, 15:32
I have mods I want to use for both ATS and ETS2 but I am confused on how it works...
In ATS I made a new profile, did the wizard and the first run. I saved the profile, tried to apply the mods I found, but when I went to load the save, it says incompatible.
I tried again, this time making a new profile, adding the mods and saving it but it says its still incompatible...
whats the proper steps to enable and use mods ingame? for ats and ets2?
maybe its incopatible with version that u are using http://prntscr.com/bervf1
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

Ethan

you missed understood me... how do successfully get the mod to work in the first place compatibility aside..

TheSandman

Quote from: Ethan on June 10, 2016, 19:29
you missed understood me... how do successfully get the mod to work in the first place compatibility aside..
The mod you download has to be compatible with the game version you have.
Whether you rollback your game version, or download an updated version of the mod if the author has created one.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Costel

Actually you can't use a mod from ets2 to ATS , simply because you can't use GTA 4 mods to SA , now for mod compatibility  , it's actual for an older version probably , but you can see if it would work on new version anyway , for this you need to open the mod and cancel the 3 files you see under the folders like vehicle ,def and ecc. There should be 3 files , one pic and 2 txt

Ethan

Everyone here is getting confused with what my question is....
My question was how to I ACTIVATE the mod?  Ive tried making a profile, running the first delivery then trying to activate it AND using an existing profile, activating COMPATIBLE mods but on both tries, the saves bot end up say incompatible SAVES

Hobo

So what you're saying is you can't activate the mods because they aren't compatible with your game version?

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Ethan

Quote from: Hobo on June 11, 2016, 17:09
So what you're saying is you can't activate the mods because they aren't compatible with your game version?

Im saying I cant activate the mod because I dont know the process of how to get it to work.

Hobo

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Mr.Me

or you can subscribe to mods on steam workshop it will download them and u only activate them in game that it
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...