[FUEL]Paycheck at every DST. Timeouts and payments.

Started by Knight, May 30, 2016, 08:47

Knight

Hello all,
I am going to suggest something that will get mixed opinions from all over the server. It is my humble request to every reader out there, kindly read the suggestion thoroughly and try to understand the main objective of bringing this to server.

Please note that these suggestion are being said in respect to fuel missions only. All the other types of missions are excluded out of it for obvious reasons.

1. Paycheck at every DST
As you are all aware of the current system. You start a mission, you get a list of destinations, you deliver at them one by one and you get paid at the end of the mission. That is, when you deliver at the last dst.
Now, what if you fail to deliver at all the destinations for any reason? Like you run into water before delivering to last dst. So the distance you covered all around San Andreas goes to waste just because you mess up once, sometimes because of other players. You don't get a paycheck for all the dst you have delivered at. Instead you get slapped by a fine of 2500 for undelivered goods. How fair is it?
Is that what happens in general? Every fuel station that I delivered to gets the fuel for free because I failed to deliver it at the last dst. How does it sound to you all? Sounds rather stupid to me.
So I suggest that we get paid at every dst that we deliver, and if we fail to deliver at a couple of dst because of whatever reasons then we pay the fine for the remaining destinations.
I'd still want the paycheck to be received at the end of the mission, whether I complete it or I fail it. What do you guys think about it?

2. Timeouts and payments
As per the current system, if you lose connection to server in between a mission you not only fail the mission, but you also get slapped by a fine for undelivered goods.
Like the above suggestion, I suggest to be paid the amount that sums up to the destinations I delivered fuel at. It is the same suggestion as above, but an extension to it for exception of timeout.
At least we should not be fined for undelivered goods if we get timed out.
One will say that players will abuse it, they will do /q if they don't want a mission. Now, here is the thing. If they do /q to avoid money skip destinations, they are doing that on the expense of going through the long procedure of connecting to the server, entering the password, choosing class, spawning at their place, driving to their rigs, starting a mission and then driving to the load. So if players are really doing all this for 1500 dollars skipping a few dsts then the joke is on them. I don't think an average player would want to /q to avoid a couple of dollars dst. Also, we do have different parameters for players quitting and timing out right. It shows us in main chat who timed out and who quit. So this feature will only work for those who timed out and not for those who quit.
Please don't say players will start turning off their routers, that's pure lame haha
What do you guys think?

You do not get any score or loads for partially completing a mission.(Thanks to Xero for pointing this out)

Note :
-Please don't reply with -1.
-Please don't reply with 'I disagree'. Provide a reason for the same.
-Constructive criticism is always welcome on the expense of counter criticism**
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

Shock

2. When you time out you dont get a failed mission

For the 1. +1
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Knight

Quote from: Shock on May 30, 2016, 09:13
2. When you time out you dont get a failed mission
Oh.. last time I checked I was penalized for fail mission with 2500 and my fail mission count increased by one  ???
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

StarFish

Quote from: Knight on May 30, 2016, 08:47
Now, what if you fail to deliver at all the destinations for any reason? Like you run into water before delivering to last dst. So the distance you covered all around San Andreas goes to waste just because you mess up once, sometimes because of other players. You don't get a paycheck for all the dst you have delivered at. Instead you get slapped by a fine of 2500 for undelivered goods. How fair is it?
This. I agree its not fair. You should get some reward after every dst you complete so it wont be waste of time in case you fail and its still considered as completed mission, but if fail, then its a partial completed mission, so less money than for the whole completed mission, but still money. If you fail after a dst, the mission will end. For example if you get 5 dsts and you fail after the 3rd one, you will get the reward only for 3 dsts and then you will have to start a new mission.
Comments like "learn to drive" are not needed, because we are humans and we do mistakes (in games we do more of them).

Quote from: Knight on May 30, 2016, 08:47
I'd still want the paycheck to be received at the end of the mission, whether I complete it or I fail it. What do you guys think about it?
I think it would be enough if you get the reward after all dst like I said above so the rewards for each dsts together would make the total reward what you get now after completing a fuel mission.

According to point 2., what Shock said.
Quote from: Knight on May 30, 2016, 09:25
Oh.. last time I checked I was penalized for fail mission with 2500 and my fail mission count increased by one  ???
You cant fail a mission when you time out (crash). If you failed your mission (lost money and got 1 failed mission more in /stats), then it was because you left the server by yourself.

So supporting your idea.  :like: :like: :like:

URMJK420

R3AP3R

I'm neutral to this but with the note that I like the system the way it is right now. I mean don't get me wrong, I know how frustrating it is to fail a fuel mission because your internet crashes or because someone rams you of the road. BUT:

1. your internet, your problem. I don't see why the game should change due to a problem that's directly linked to the player, not to the game itself. It's like trying to change the game because your PC doesn't meet the required specs. Upgrade your PC, simple.

2. crashes are part of the game whether we like it or not. Call me crazy but this is why I like the current fuel system. It has its beauty and charm, it's unique, challenging and rewarding ONLY when you deliver your last DST. Brings some excitement.

So again, I'm neutral to this.

AviatorAysar

Yeah thats nice, actually I was logging in to suggest this [its in my mind days ago], and then I saw this topic I agree with you but as Shock said, you dont lost money, and actually on my laptop when i want to leave with a mission i just turn on airplane mode XD then i turn it off.. smart  :P :P

But yes, this should be added its really not fair to loose 60,000 for only 10,000!!
Totally agree :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Knight

Quote from: R3AP on May 30, 2016, 12:12
1. your internet, your problem. I don't see why the game should change due to a problem that's directly linked to the player, not to the game itself. It's like trying to change the game because your PC doesn't meet the required specs. Upgrade your PC, simple.
Your internet is your problem, upgrade your PC? Dude where did you learn computers from?
Internet has nothing to do with how shit your PC is, a general intel core 2 duo laptop can support fiber optical speeds. Again, not everyone is blessed with a good internet connections, some areas don't provide a good internet connections. Also, the connection strength marginally depends on your location too, so now you want the players to move from their countries? I have the internet connection which is faster than 99 percent of India(speedtest stats) and yet my ping is sometimes touching 500, and I am getting timeouts. I am pretty sure I am not the only one with these issues.
So if there is a small change in the gameplay that could create fairness among players, I don't see why it should not be here?
Also, no sense in discussing it as shock and starfish said that you don't get a failed mission in case of timeout.
Also, this game is by the players and for the players. So if players are facing issues with it, a change would do no harm to the game , but will just make players happy, they will have a fun time staying at the game for longer duration. In short, players are the only reason games are changed. 

2. crashes are part of the game whether we like it or not. Call me crazy but this is why I like the current fuel system. It has its beauty and charm, it's unique, challenging and rewarding ONLY when you deliver your last DST. Brings some excitement.
I'll not call you crazy but straight out selfish( don't mind me, but that's true). You are thinking from your perspective and not for a second you are thinking about all the players in general. That's the problem right there. Think of when you are delivering fuel to multiple gas stations, you crash at the last one because some newbie decides to get a dig on you, and you fail the mission on your last dst. All the other fuel stations that have received the fuel from you are then having it for free? Does it makes even a little bit of sense to you?

Maybe you are blessed with state of an art internet and state of an art driving, but others are not.
When I made these suggestions, I was strictly speaking in a global perspective, I was not suggesting these things for my own benefits, but for all the players of server in general. I've seen them suffering because of this, so I thought if a little bit of change can do them good, then why not?

But then again, to each his own. I'll still respect what you said.

R3AP3R

"bla bla bla, fuel system should be changed because I lose the mission due to my bad internet connection"

and I made a comparison:

"It's like trying to change the game because your PC doesn't meet the required specs"

Idk who teaches me stuff about computers but I'd worry more about whoever teaches you English. Next time I'll just stick to YES or NO since explaining myself is useless.

Mr.Me

Quote from: R3AP on May 30, 2016, 15:06
"bla bla bla, fuel system should be changed because I lose the mission due to my bad internet connection"

and I made a comparison:

"It's like trying to change the game because your PC doesn't meet the required specs"

Idk who teaches me stuff about computers but I'd worry more about whoever teaches you English. Next time I'll just stick to YES or NO since explaining myself is useless.

not everyone has good pc or good internet connection most of ppl that are on server have shitty pc and with host is derpy players have over 300 ping you will change something to help those players not shit on how their pc or internet is bad or tell them go and buy new pc how stupid is that.
(•_•)
∫\ \___( •_•)
_∫∫ _∫∫ \ \
WTF!!! you looking at?
Keep scrolling...

Knight

If you think that I suggested this because I am failing my missions then let me tell you that I am just 129 missions away from my fuel achievement which I plan on achieving under 15 days from now. Even if this gets accepted, it will take at least 3 months to see it live on the server, so once again, it is suggested from a global perspective.

I'd worry more about whoever teaches you English.
Are you serious dude? You are doing personal attacks on someone just because he proved how bullshit your argument is? All I said was in respect with the game, and you went heads on to personal comments. Yeah my English might be a little off at times and that's because I come from a country where they don't teach you English. I have learned it myself, and I'm pretty sure that it's far better than worse. Who the hell are you to comment on it anyway, how hard is it for you to stay on the topic? How perfect do you think you are? You just ruined all the reputation you had right there, good job.

Shock

Please stick to the topic.

This would only benefit new players in the future who are having high ping due to living to far away from the host.
Internet timeouts are 90 percent of all timeouts. Game crash mostly due bad mods or some other kind of opcodes.
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

AviatorAysar

Quote from: Knight on May 30, 2016, 14:44
Quote from: R3AP on May 30, 2016, 12:12
Your internet is your problem, upgrade your PC? Dude where did you learn computers from?
Internet has nothing to do with how shit your PC is, a general intel core 2 duo laptop can support fiber optical speeds. Again, not everyone is blessed with a good internet connections, some areas don't provide a good internet connections. Also, the connection strength marginally depends on your location too, so now you want the players to move from their countries? I have the internet connection which is faster than 99 percent of India(speedtest stats) and yet my ping is sometimes touching 500, and I am getting timeouts. I am pretty sure I am not the only one with these issues.
So if there is a small change in the gameplay that could create fairness among players, I don't see why it should not be here?
Also, no sense in discussing it as shock and starfish said that you don't get a failed mission in case of timeout.
Also, this game is by the players and for the players. So if players are facing issues with it, a change would do no harm to the game , but will just make players happy, they will have a fun time staying at the game for longer duration. In short, players are the only reason games are changed. 

I'll not call you crazy but straight out selfish( don't mind me, but that's true). You are thinking from your perspective and not for a second you are thinking about all the players in general. That's the problem right there. Think of when you are delivering fuel to multiple gas stations, you crash at the last one because some newbie decides to get a dig on you, and you fail the mission on your last dst. All the other fuel stations that have received the fuel from you are then having it for free? Does it makes even a little bit of sense to you?

Maybe you are blessed with state of an art internet and state of an art driving, but others are not.
When I made these suggestions, I was strictly speaking in a global perspective, I was not suggesting these things for my own benefits, but for all the players of server in general. I've seen them suffering because of this, so I thought if a little bit of change can do them good, then why not?

But then again, to each his own. I'll still respect what you said.

1. maybe not internet problems, but server restart or server problems that happens some times, or maybe also mod problem..
Even if it internet problem, why dont we change a (small/big) code to help others, and make them like the game more...
I know this by it self wont let them like it more, but again, many drops of water fills an ocean :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Martin

and I made a comparison:

Pretty much what he said. ^
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Knight

Edited the part where it says you fail a mission during timeout (thanks to Shock for pointing that out)
Updated the note part so that it says Constructive Criticism is always welcome on the expense of counter criticism because some players are not able to take a counter argument on their opinions.

AviatorAysar

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Ethan

as long as every stops paycheck adds up to the normal paycheck after doing them all, this would be truly great...

Xero

I like the idea of making a bit of the cash at each dst but if you fail, regardless if it's after the first dst or heading to the last, you should not get a truckload score point for it.

Ethan

Quote from: Xero on May 31, 2016, 22:10
I like the idea of making a bit of the cash at each dst but if you fail, regardless if it's after the first dst or heading to the last, you should not get a truckload score point for it.
this allows us to get cash after each fuel offload.. if I fail at the fifth, I dont get the point but I still get the cash for the offload(s).

Knight

I forgot this part, thanks for pointing it out.
You don't get any score or loads if you don't deliver to all the destinations, you only get the money.

TheSandman

If it gets implemented, i think this is the anti-abuse method to go with, otherwise people will pull the plug intentionally to get the misson done 'if they timeout'
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

AviatorAysar

Quote from: TheSandman on June 01, 2016, 09:04
If it gets implemented, i think this is the anti-abuse method to go with, otherwise people will pull the plug intentionally to get the misson done 'if they timeout'

Okay they dont get a point and they dont get the whole money :)

They just get some

Updating topic before getting old :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL