Low fuel warning

Started by Knight, May 29, 2016, 08:42

Knight

The topic probably says it all.
We don't have a warning that tells us that we are low on fuel and sometimes we eventually run out of fuel in the middle of nowhere.
Yeah it is obviously wise to check it manually every now and then but hey, maybe we are not able to focus at it all the time, specially when listening to music.
So I suggest a message in the chat saying you have 25 percent of fuel left, go to the nearest gas station to refuel before you run out of fuel.
Opinions?
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

Martin

I think that would be very useful, me myself, I every time run out of fuel and have to call the assistance. +1  :like:
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

StarFish

Excellent idea. So we won't forget to refuel = save money = useful. They should add that warning approximately when 3-4 fuel bars remaining.
URMJK420

R3AP3R

I had "the pleasure" to run out of fuel just one time but I don't have enough fingers to count how many times I reached the gas station with 1 line of fuel or even 0 fuel....and that usually happens when I'm on the phone. So why not? It doesn't do any bad.

PS - what Knight didn't mention is that a different server has this feature, and it's not just a message in the chat, it's a very loud air horn too. So my recommendation is to have a loud noise too, alerting you about your fuel level being low...like I said, phones for example are a big distraction, I don't even see where I'm going let alone a message in the chat.

Ari

it can be a good idea

Matias

Fuel var gets red when you have 3 lines left which gives you atleast 3-4 minutes of driving and you can make it last some more time by using engine. Or you want a huge textdraw in the middle of screen saying "YOU ARE ABOUT TO RUN OUT OF FUEL"?

Knight

Quote from: R3AP on May 29, 2016, 20:21
PS - what Knight didn't mention is that a different server has this feature, and it's not just a message in the chat, it's a very loud air horn too. So my recommendation is to have a loud noise too, alerting you about your fuel level being low...like I said, phones for example are a big distraction, I don't even see where I'm going let alone a message in the chat.
I left that part out for obvious reasons.
Also, I hate that buzzer sound.

Quote from: Matias on May 30, 2016, 00:34
Fuel var gets red when you have 3 lines left which gives you atleast 3-4 minutes of driving and you can make it last some more time by using engine. Or you want a huge textdraw in the middle of screen saying "YOU ARE ABOUT TO RUN OUT OF FUEL"?
Uh..don't think you read my suggestion description nicely and/or the comments or probably you missed a few lines in it.
No worries. Let me explain it again, I am suggesting a text line in the MAIN CHAT and not on the middle of the screen.
The fuel bar turning red shows us that we are low on fuel that's right, but what if we are not paying attention to that little right bottom corner? That red fuel bar will go unnoticed.
Sometimes we are too focused on our driving, sometimes a bit distracted towards the phone so missing out the-bar-turning-red incident can/do happen. 
Real Madrid Club de Fútbol - Estd. 1902 : el mejor equipo del mundo. Los reyes de Europa. The Undecima

Historia que tú hiciste, Historia por hacer. Hasta el final, Vamos Real! Hala Madrid! y nada mas

TheGame

I have seen this somewhere else before.. :P *Looks at Knight and Reap*

But yeah, could be usefull for those truckers who do not pay attention to game.

StarFish

Quote from: Knight on May 30, 2016, 07:35
The fuel bar turning red shows us that we are low on fuel that's right, but what if we are not paying attention to that little right bottom corner? That red fuel bar will go unnoticed.
Sometimes we are too focused on our driving, sometimes a bit distracted towards the phone so missing out the-bar-turning-red incident can/do happen.
Exactly this. That fuel bar is so little and you often forget about it. You see the warning message only when you run out of fuel, but its late then. This is not wise. Let this warning appear earlier (a sentence in chat would be enough in my opinion).
URMJK420

Ethan

http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=10068.msg90025#msg90025
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=44513.0

Mick mentioned it may or may not be added, hasn't yet.. Dobby Replied that he like my idea, nothing yet.... jut dont get your hopes up on this... (although I think it should be considered now-a-days)

Xero

This would be sweet, maybe it could include "Distance until empty: 30km" as well. If there was a warning that just pops up on the screen that might be annoying after a while (unless it was in the chat bar) so it would be nice to have it as a feature you can turn on or off in /settings.  :like:

UncleDrew

i was thinking if the fuel is below or exact 20% it would have a warning that says "WARNING FUEL IS 20 PERCENT REFUEL NOW! and a horn. a very loud horn.

TheSandman

Learn to monitor your vehicle stats, it goes red at two bars anyway, as down any normal car. Most cars dont scream at you, YOU NEED FUEL MAN.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

UncleDrew

screams omg i need fuel!!

Hubertus

Pretty nice idea, +1!