windows 10 and SAMP wont work

Started by Ethan, May 22, 2016, 21:26

Ethan

so I have left the server, not the community as explained here:
http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php?topic=53969.0

I want to go on the server, sell my stuff, and give my money to people who I want to give it to. But I cannot do that because apparently, San Andreas doesnt work for windows 10 or I cannot figure out how to make it work..
Carl tried to help me via teamviewer but that didnt really get me anywhere because, yes SA Story will work, but once SAMP is launched, it says unable to execute..  I have both the DVD and steam version and Steam version doesnt work with SAMP. Installed DVD version and Directx 9 cant/wont work in windows 10 (I have directx 12)... I have tried downgrading the exe, using it in compatibility mode with XP SP3, installing the vorbis stuff (discussion on steam forums thing) and it just wont work...

anyone have DVD version of SA, Windows 10 and has SAMP working and can help me figure out how to get mine working right?

Vinny

Why don't you google it like you always tell to anyone who has a problem on this forum ? Don't be lazy :ccmas:
Quote from: Spekter on December 13, 2016, 22:47
Quote from: Ethan on December 13, 2016, 22:31
why the fuck do you even bother breathing??
I bother breathing just so that i can tell you what a fucking moron you are, nothing more and nothing less.

Ethan

Quote from: Vinny on May 22, 2016, 21:35
Why don't you google it like you always tell to anyone who has a problem on this forum ?
I fucking did Google the fucking thing Vinny, why the fuck do you think I posted here??

Joshy

[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Ethan

Havent tried that, ty Joshy for something useful.

Sjomp

Do you have a gta_sa.set already in your gta san andreas user files? if you have it maybe delete/rename it?
If that is not working did you already try to reinstall samp? probably yes but you never know :P

Ethan

most likely I do have a gta.set since I started story mode to make sure it worked. and ive installed samp twice

edit:
crash
http://pastebin.com/1uTZ9DBK

edit2: still crashes after reset as compatibility and run as admin

CarlJohnson

Found this on another forum and apparently it fixed the problem most of the people were having.
Try the normal solutions that usually work for other people.

-Delete gta.set in your GTA Documents folder.
-Uninstall and REINSTALL your SA-MP version.
-Check your modifications, especially modloader mods.
-Delete streamingmemoryfix if you have that, that could have an impact.
-Try changing the folder name where your game is installed. I had an issue at one point and I renamed it from 'GTA San Andreas' to 'GTA San Andreas (NEW)' and it worked.

-Try and lookup the crash issue on the internet, SA-MP forums and what not.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

I'll fiddle around with it, rename it at least, sometime tomorrow.. its getting late... time for bed.
I might reinstall steam version and see what they say on steam GTA SA discussions.. there is a couple of guides

Ethan

update....
I have tried everything I can conceivably think of to get it to work and it still crashes...
@Carl: about the topic in the other forum:
I dont have gta set because I dont use story, only way to get that would be story mode after changing configuration (I think)
I have uninstalled and reinstalled enough times to count on one hand.
I dont have any mods since new windows + new install
dont have streammemory fix
I already renamed it and still doesnt work
so I guess I will have to let my account be deleted as I cant do anything about it....

Terrorista310

when i migrated from win 7 to win 10 i could never run samp, but after i clean install win 10 i could, thats why i couldnt log in whithin 180 days and my acc is gone, you need to format yo pc dude
Quote from: Sjomp on May 04, 2014, 18:54
It doesn't matter how much people are online it's about how much fun you have.

Shock

Quote from: Ethan on May 25, 2016, 13:51

so I guess I will have to let my account be deleted as I cant do anything about it....

Accounts dont get deleted anymore..
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Matias

SAMP works on Windows 10 even if you upgraded from Windows 7, i did upgrade it and it works even better than using windows xp and windows 7. Get a new version of the dvd and install it, do not use ripped versions.

Nado

Try this http://gtaforums.com/topic/760017-relsa-samp-addon/ read it, download it (download the installer version for full fixes), have fun!

ps: I uses a "custom" gtasa.exe, but it fixed my Windows 10 issues
S A N  A N D R E A S  G L O B A L  C A R G O™
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated by ASP.NET Core on Linux using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every 5 minutes. See the original SVG image.

Ethan

Quote from: Matias on May 25, 2016, 15:40
SAMP works on Windows 10 even if you upgraded from Windows 7, i did upgrade it and it works even better than using windows xp and windows 7. Get a new version of the dvd and install it, do not use ripped versions.
well, for one, I really dont think that Office Depot is going to be using a crack/ripped/hijacked/whatever version of anything...
They reinstalled windows 7, updated EVERYTHING, installed windows 10...if youre talking about ripped version of SA then there is no mathematical way for that to happen, seeing as how I have tried both the steam version AND the DVD retail version...

Quote from: Terrorista310 on May 25, 2016, 14:46
when i migrated from win 7 to win 10 i could never run samp, but after i clean install win 10 i could, thats why i couldnt log in whithin 180 days and my acc is gone, you need to format yo pc dude
uh no Terrorista, I will not be formatting it, as Office Depot, (the company that repaired it in the first place already reformatted it for the new OS and everything else.

any other suggestions?