News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

My New Laptop :)

Started by CarlJohnson, March 29, 2016, 10:35

Hobo

Quote from: Ethan on March 29, 2016, 22:11
why not just build a new desktop for that budget?  built mine for less than $800
Can't carry a desktop around.

When you get a new laptop, reinstall Windows 10 on it to get rid of all the bloatware. Just download Windows 10 from Microsoft and make a bootable USB with it, then install. Works much better than just unistalling the crap.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Ethan

Quote from: Hobo on March 29, 2016, 23:02
why not just build a new desktop for that budget?  built mine for less than $800
Can't carry a desktop around.
yes you can, albeit an inconvenience, but you can.. called all in one..

[hide=search]google search[/hide]

but cant build them yourselves

Eurobeat

Mobility

Hobo

Quote from: Fish on March 30, 2016, 00:55
Mobility
Ethan says you can just carry this around.
http://tech.widgetjet.com/uploadfiles/techwidgetjetcom-1444456646/lenovo-c40-all-in-one-desktop-pc-announced_1.jpg

Clearly very mobile.

[tr]
[td]

[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]

[shadow=black,left]My PC Specs:
-AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
-EVGA RTX 3080
-ASUS Prime X470-Pro Motherboard
-CORSAIR Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB RAM
-ADATA SX8200 NVME SSD 960GB
-Seagate IronWolf Pro 8TB HDD
-Western Digital Blue 2TB HDD
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 2TB SDD x2
-ADATA Ultimate SU800 1TB SSD x2
-Corsair HX750 Professional PSU
-NZXT H440 white/black case
[/shadow]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Mr.Me on March 29, 2016, 17:28
Quote from: Quotary on March 29, 2016, 17:04
QuoteThen I spent my money on a new phone and new headphones (Beats by Dr.Dre <3).
Please, don't be stupid.

as he said its not good quaility headset

The bass is amazing though, I couldn't control myself + I already bought them so nothing can be done now ;)
Quote from: Mr.Me on March 29, 2016, 17:32
Quote from: TheSandman on March 29, 2016, 13:26
I got an Acer in 2009 before high school finished, it was soso, i think all i was annoyed with was Acer labelled programs like some webcam program and, a harddrive locker from memory, but i think you get similar stuff on HP, Dell, and whatnot, the only tech issue i had with it was the screen stopped working after i but my thumb through it because i died in a game...:/

Dell is good i had it for long time and with big screen and never had dells programs i got it in end of 2011 when i started playng convoy i think
Dell is way too overpriced.
Quote from: Laur on March 29, 2016, 17:56
I have an acer aspire e1 571g and it's ok but the fans suck the mouse-pad is pretty bad, i hurried to get a laptop 2 years ago thats why i wish i went for asus instead of acer, but it works well overall and im thankful for it and so you should be to get it  :)
I couldn't find a Asus laptop with a decent GPU at this price range. The only one I could find was this: Asus K555LB-DM109T
Price is basically same for this and the Acer one I'm thinking of buying. I'll have to do some research to see which one is better.
Quote from: Emily on March 29, 2016, 18:09
Asus has made some pretty good quality things, and I don't see yalls issues with HP mines hitting the 4 year mark and it still trucks along. it plays ATS and ets2 so that's really all I need. it isn't a gaming laptop, of course, but it gets the job done for those PC exclusives such as CS or tf2 or the truck simulators. basically, it does what I want it to, and I'm a happy gal.
I had an HP before, hinges broke out within 6 months of buying, could be my fault, but yeah the built quality was beyond horrible, If I wanted I could bend the whole display ._.
I already own a decent PC (need fixes though), I'll moving out to College/University soon enough as this is my final year at High School. I won't be carrying around my PC obviously. That's why I want a new laptop.

All in one PCs....? no thanks.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Ethan

Calvingreen17.

Quote from: Ethan on March 30, 2016, 05:29
Quote from: Hobo on March 30, 2016, 02:29
http://tech.widgetjet.com/uploadfiles/techwidgetjetcom-1444456646/lenovo-c40-all-in-one-desktop-pc-announced_1.jpg
Clearly very mobile.

YEP IT IS

You're taking the definition of mobile literally. Because you can move it without special equipment doesn't mean its convenient. We use the term mobility with convenience in mind.

You can't stow a All-In-One in a college backpack, or even a travel bag.

Older and wiser

Emily

Quote from: Calvingreen17. on March 31, 2016, 02:56
Quote from: Ethan on March 30, 2016, 05:29
Quote from: Hobo on March 30, 2016, 02:29
Clearly very mobile.

YEP IT IS

You're taking the definition of mobile literally. Because you can move it without special equipment doesn't mean its convenient. We use the term mobility with convenience in mind.

You can't stow a All-In-One in a college backpack, or even a travel bag.
Not to mention, how're you going to power it if you can't access an outlet? What if you're working and need to go mobile? What if you lose power? This is why I use and prefer a laptop for almost everything I do computer-wise. My HP is hitting 4 years and the battery still lasts for 4+ hours like it were new. I'm very impressed with this machine.
Anyway, I'm off-topic. The all-in-ones are neat for a limited space office but are in no way conveniently mobile.
[dobby]

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION

Benny

If i would be buying a new laptop i would probably go for an ASUS for about $1000.
Even thow i wouldnt use it for hardcore gaming since i have my desktop pc for that. Would use it for school stuff and movies and such.. more easy stuff.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS