News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

Mod to override snow mod?

Started by TheSandman, March 25, 2016, 08:14

TheSandman

I installed a snow mod ages ago, now i want to get rid of it but i didnt make backups obviously, and i dont have other copies of all my weapon and car mods.
All i need is any texture mod like snow mod, but isnt snow. So like i spring or summer one, any ideas? Cheers.
25/8/11 - 4/10/15: 1502 days of continuous staff duty C:-)

Shock

Quote from: TheSandman on March 25, 2016, 08:14
I installed a snow mod ages ago, now i want to get rid of it but i didnt make backups obviously, and i dont have other copies of all my weapon and car mods.
All i need is any texture mod like snow mod, but isnt snow. So like i spring or summer one, any ideas? Cheers.
http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=1807

This should do it its an autoinstaller. Ive been using it for a few years now
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

CarlJohnson

LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

TheSandman

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 25, 2016, 08:37
Download Stock gta3.img ?
i would but i dont want to reinstall all my other car and weapon mods etc, since i dont have them saved elsewhere.

CarlJohnson

Quote from: TheSandman on March 25, 2016, 08:58
Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 25, 2016, 08:37
Download Stock gta3.img ?
i would but i dont want to reinstall all my other car and weapon mods etc, since i dont have them saved elsewhere.
Use GGMM to create a backup of your current car mods, for weapon mods you can use some img editor. Then restore your gta3.img with the stock one and install the mods once again.
Profit ??
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Shock

Just use the SRT3 it will overwrite the snowmod textures
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Ethan

Quote from: Shock on March 25, 2016, 09:46
Just use the SRT3 it will overwrite the snowmod textures
make sure to still use ggmm, or some other editor to backup your cars or whatever you want to save, in case SRT has cars

Xero

SRT3 doesn't include car mods as far as I know, at least I don't remember it changing any of my vehicles.

TheSandman

SRT3 wont install on my GTASA gives me bullshit rebuilding errors.
I really cant start again, ive modded this gta3.img to my perfect liking minus world graphics. Everything else i love and cant lose lol.

Error:

Then it just freezes here when you press OK:

EDIT; trying the 2014 update of SRT3.
EDIT2; 2014 SRT3 works too, may try Endless Summer texture mod in future.
I also recommend Img Manager as a tool, rebuilds when Alci's didnt. <3

TheSandman

Alright so winning. Have the 2014 version of SRT3 mod installed, now ive got another problem. Long distance i see snow, until i come close enough that the standard green/desert texture from srt loads. It never did this before i installed snow, any idea? A cache or something i have to clear?

Shock

Quote from: TheSandman on March 26, 2016, 05:18
Alright so winning. Have the 2014 version of SRT3 mod installed, now ive got another problem. Long distance i see snow, until i come close enough that the standard green/desert texture from srt loads. It never did this before i installed snow, any idea? A cache or something i have to clear?

How did you install the snowmod? autoinstaller or added the files into the img and rebuilded it?

TheSandman

Quote from: Shock on March 26, 2016, 09:52
Quote from: TheSandman on March 26, 2016, 05:18

How did you install the snowmod? autoinstaller or added the files into the img and rebuilded it?
It was that long ago i dont even remember but im 90% sure it was manually since i avoid autoinstallers as much as i can.

RaceRX

Easiest way is extract your mods with img 2.0 (better at extracting less failures) then make sure they all extracted and aren't at 0kb. If they are extract again but do less of them at a time. Then reinstall a gta3, install mods, done
playing since 2010, moderator for over a year demoted for being an ass to an asshole then banned for speed hack then returned for awhile then dipped out

Nice

TheSandman

Quote from: RaceRX on March 26, 2016, 15:39
Easiest way is extract your mods with img 2.0 (better at extracting less failures) then make sure they all extracted and aren't at 0kb. If they are extract again but do less of them at a time. Then reinstall a gta3, install mods, done
How do i know which ones are modded? I dont remember which ones i have mods on and if i can avoid making a list or missing any, or do i just extract everything? and throw it into a new img?

Ethan

Quote from: TheSandman on March 26, 2016, 16:25
Quote from: RaceRX on March 26, 2016, 15:39
How do i know which ones are modded? I dont remember which ones i have mods on and if i can avoid making a list or missing any, or do i just extract everything? and throw it into a new img?

go to a random server, (i recommend some stunt server, I can give you a good one if need be)  and start spawning cars that you know might be modded..