News:

Server address: server.convoytrucking.net
Get SA-MP 0.3.7 here: Click Here to download SA-MP 0.3.7

Main Menu

updates

Started by Dr.Schiewago, February 09, 2016, 15:46

CarlJohnson

You should wait for few more days, something might be coming ;)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Barney_Ross

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 22, 2016, 01:18
You should wait for few more days, something might be coming ;)

I just love this

Benny

few days.. so this week? make it happen this week, atleast something pls :)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
DISTANCE TRAVELLED

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Benny on March 22, 2016, 07:38
few days.. so this week? make it happen this week, atleast something pls :)
It could take more than that though so Im not sure.
But yeah something might happen soon enough :)
Quote from: R3AP on March 21, 2016, 20:07
Quote from: Dr.Schiewago on March 21, 2016, 15:32
Ethan  is it much work to add new missions?

You just copy-paste a string of text, replace some coordinates and IDs and give the load/unload point a name. That's a 10 seconds thing (exaggeration of course but it's a very basic thing, there's no rocket science. You just copy and paste things)

What happens here has absolutely nothing to do with lack of time or scripting being too hard. We all know what the real problem is but choose to ignore it or hide behind a wall.

Time is an issue and you use that as an excuse for not updating shit for years? RESIGN!!!
Yes, its easy but i'd rather prefer something unique instead of another type of artic mission.
Joshy gave me a cool idea for packer missions, im right now working on it and its something i'd like you guys to see.
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Barney_Ross

At this point, forget coolnes, just make something.

Barney_Ross

I heard that scripters have done good job and plenty of updates ready to be uploaded on server, but those have been waiting now 4 months just to be uploaded?
People have been waiting new updates half year and they are just collecting dust somewhere? So now im asking will those be added someday, or are we waiting for nothing?
Thanks!

CarlJohnson

Quote from: Barney_Ross on March 22, 2016, 11:31
Im not scripter genius
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN

Barney_Ross

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 22, 2016, 13:24
Im not scripter genius

why you act like scripter if your not one?

Shock

He know's how to script but isn't a server scripter, yet.
Quote from: Dux on April 22, 2017, 06:22First of all!! You are not supposed as an admin to check chatlogs!!

Ethan

At this point, ... just make upload something [new].

Ethan

Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 22, 2016, 09:34
Yes, its easy but i'd rather prefer something unique instead of another type of arctic mission.
Joshy gave me a cool idea for packer missions, im right now working on it and its something i'd like you guys to see.

how about you work on ambulance, fire truck, pizza boy, delivery boy, and other 'mini mission' types as well, noone else seems to be doing that.

Joshy

Quote from: Ethan on March 22, 2016, 20:49
Quote from: CarlJohnson on March 22, 2016, 09:34
Yes, its easy but i'd rather prefer something unique instead of another type of arctic mission.

how about you work on ambulance, fire truck, pizza boy, delivery boy, and other 'mini mission' types as well, noone else seems to be doing that.
How about you learn how to program, learn how to script in PAWN for SA-MP gamemodes, and then try doing it yourself? It's not easy, but it's exactly what Carl is doing and I don't see anyone else trying to do it.

If anything, you should be thanking the guy.

From my point of view, I think everyone doesn't understand how tedious it is to implement new mission types. Scripters can't just put some code into the gamemode and make it work, it needs to be (somewhat) planned out, designed, implemented and then tested fully.

No one wants new mission types if they cause the server to crash randomly...

New missions however is something which can be done fairly easily (load points are in database), however the process of actually getting them live on server is tedious since someone needs to provide Mick with SQL files, which admins cannot write. Maybe that should be changed.

edit: the next part that Carl will have to overcome is understanding and somehow writing code for the gamemode. Actually being able to understand how the gamemode all comes together is a skill in itself (bearing in mind, it's like 35-40k lines of messy code due to no organizational concepts like classes). It's not impossible... but for a new / inexperienced scripter, big updates are out-of-reach.
[comment]test[/comment]
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS
CARS STOLEN
COACH
PLANE
HELICOPTER
TOW TRUCK
LIMO
TRASH
ARMORED VAN
BURGLARIES
ARMORED VANS STOLEN
MISSIONS FAILED
OVERLOADED
FINES PAID
TOTAL SPENT ON FUEL
INTEREST EARNED
DISTANCE TRAVELLED
TIME IN JAIL
LAST MISSION
Generated using Azure Functions & CloudFlare Workers using the Convoy Trucking API. Updates every around 5 minutes. See the original SVG image. View source code (not updated with function yet)

Lindsey

Plus, there's no guarentee that the update will work as planned, could screw the GM up in ways not anticipated.
View my news story : http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39051.new.html#new
[hide=awesomeness]
Lindsey ~ Sticking up for the little guy - http://www.forum.convoytrucking.net/index.php/topic,39070.0.html
Quote[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] managed to steal Alpha
[21:11:49] Lindsey_[UK] left the server (exit)
[21:12:17] * ExAdmin Lindsey_[UK] (41) connected: I will report you, count on it
[21:12:22] <krisu> that was good linds :D
Quote from: brane on June 06, 2013, 10:53
Quote from: Lindsey on June 06, 2013, 08:37
Terror, youve been on your last warning for stuff on ct for like a year so I dont feel treatened by you
Buuuuuuuuuurn

[/hide]

Barney_Ross

But problem isnt how hard is it script those, its how hard is it upload them on server, just like Ethan said.

CarlJohnson

So, I finally managed to upload the video. This is what I was talking about.
Joshy thought of this thing so the credit goes to him, I just scripted what he thought about.
We used AttachVehicleToObject to attach objects on the top of the packer (don't mind it floating in air, i need to fix the offsets), so now this way we can have actually have packer missions in a more realistic way. We can even set Material of Object that we're using by this we can make it look like you're hauling cars by using the burnt out car object.

Here's the video of how it'll actually look like.

Also ignore the chat, it was just an test to check if does it even work(?)
LAST SEEN
TOTAL TIME ON SERVER
SCORE
TRUCK LOADS
CONVOY SCORE
ACHIEVEMENTS
ARTIC
DUMPER
VAN
FUEL
CEMENT
ARRESTS